Sponsored by:

992 interior colors opinion

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 01:41 PM
Diane Garcia
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 992 interior colors opinion

Need opinions on interior colors! I ordered a Guards Red Carrera S cabriolet MT with sport design package 1 month ago. Won't be here till April 2nd, 2021. Lonnnnnng Wait! Order freezes Jan 8th. I ordered standard interior Mohave Beige/Black with central tach in Guards Red. Didn't want to overdo the red with the already 2 tone beige/Black interior. Now I am looking at changing the interior to standard black leather with red gauges and red belts. My convertible top is black. I need some feedback. I love the Mohave beige/Black and think it looks rich for a standard leather. Saw a 991 with guards red exterior and beige/black interior and it looked pretty awesome. However the standard black with red gauges and red belts is so sporty and matches everything about the car. OTOH I've always had black interiors and just think they are boring. I know they wear the best, hide dirt, etc. But they are also hotter in summer. Anyone have the Mohave beige/Black combo and can comment?
The following users liked this post:
dgasmd (12-13-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 01:48 PM
markjeansonne
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

I also ordered a guards red with mojave beige/back interior -- but my car hasn't arrived yet. Finished production, so on it's way, but won't have it before Jan. 8.
I also wanted a change from the standard guards red & straight black interior that is so common. To add some contrast, I ordered the tachometer with the guards red highlight -- don't forget that!
If you go sports package, get the chrono in red also (I did not go with sports package). Last thing to consider is your seatbelts. I opted NOT to go with red ones, did not want to overdo items that
actually are on the beige parts of the interior.
Old 12-12-2020, 01:52 PM
Gentian21
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 106 Posts

If you are not going to upgrade beyond the standard interior, I'd go with the black and beige. You are right-- all black interiors can be a little boring. Don't worry about a little dirt. The seats wipe off very easily. You can still get the red belts if you want. They won't conflict with black and beige.
Old 12-12-2020, 02:58 PM
Diane Garcia
Intermediate

Thank you! I agree....even though I love the red seat belts, did not think they looked as good as the black ones on the beige seats. I did order the central tach in red not the sport chrono. I think I will change that but keep the mohave beige/black seats!! Thanks for your opinion. Please let me know when you get your car!
Old 12-12-2020, 03:01 PM
Diane Garcia
Intermediate

Thank you! Honestly I started this build with a base coupe and ended up with an S (to get the MT) and a cab. Price increased significantly and I just can't justify adding more money to the interior, since its' literally thousands more to upgrade. I really think the standard leather looks darn good and thats why I went with mohave beige/black because it is two tone and looks upscale. Thanks so much for your post!
Old 12-12-2020, 03:18 PM
Rare9
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 64 Posts

I went with Red gauges but to me red belts are a little too much look-how-cool-I-am. I have Chalk exterior.
But I'm also pretty much in the minority thinking that red interiors are horrible so I don't know if I count as a common opinion
couturegirl (12-12-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 04:02 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 855 Likes on 419 Posts

The non-black interiors have seduced me in the past. I tire of them after owning them for a short time. I'm better off taking black and adding different textures and materials. I think an argument can be made for either of your color combos, they're both beautiful.
The following 3 users liked this post by Russian Mafia:
couturegirl (12-12-2020), Diane Garcia (12-12-2020), paddlefoot64 (02-02-2021)
Old 12-12-2020, 04:12 PM
1100S
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 23 Posts

Anybody ever do black leather with deviated stitching in Guards red or Bordeaux? Not exactly cost effective but.....?
Old 12-12-2020, 04:18 PM
Diane Garcia
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1100S
Anybody ever do black leather with deviated stitching in Guards red or Bordeaux? Not exactly cost effective but.....?
That look is awesome. There's a You Tube video out there from Andrew (dealer from FL, forget his name) with a guards red 992 with black interior with red stitching. In order to upgrade to this, it adds 5k to my build. I'm way beyond my max now...
Old 12-12-2020, 04:23 PM
NI3
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 59 Posts

I have struggled with the interior and exterior options too.
I love the black and beige wrapped in red. However, I'm afraid that would be to Ferrari like...
Gentian blue is what I have picked for exterior, but I don't think the black/beige works with the blue. Leaning towards slate/chalk interior under the blue.

Sorry, I'm of no help. lol
couturegirl (12-12-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 05:29 PM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Received 837 Likes on 417 Posts

I really like the standard interior in slate grey.
Old 12-12-2020, 05:35 PM
Diane Garcia
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NI3
I have struggled with the interior and exterior options too.
I love the black and beige wrapped in red. However, I'm afraid that would be to Ferrari like...
Gentian blue is what I have picked for exterior, but I don't think the black/beige works with the blue. Leaning towards slate/chalk interior under the blue.

Sorry, I'm of no help. lol
I like the blue with the slate ALOT! As I read stuff below from 2019, people bring up a good point about blue jean transfer on light seats. That is making me sway to black interior with the red gauges and red belts. I hate a light interior that looks dingy. We don't put many miles on special cars but we wear a lot of blue jeans!
Old 12-12-2020, 05:48 PM
NI3
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Diane Garcia
I like the blue with the slate ALOT! As I read stuff below from 2019, people bring up a good point about blue jean transfer on light seats. That is making me sway to black interior with the red gauges and red belts. I hate a light interior that looks dingy. We don't put many miles on special cars but we wear a lot of blue jeans!
Yes, worried about it looking dingy. Just so tired of black.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:37 PM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Received 837 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by NI3
Yes, worried about it looking dingy. Just so tired of black.
i went slate grey for that reason instead of chalk.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:17 PM
steve9
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 33 Posts

I've seen the black / beige interior in a night blue coupe at the local dealer 992 launch last year. I thought it looked quite good but I much preferred the slate / crayon interior, and I've recently seen another coupe with this combination only with the slate seat centres which looked even better (option leather seat centres in contrasting colour). I should say say that I live in the UK and we are notoriously conservative when it comes to car interiors; in particular beige and brown interiors are very unpopular and would be difficult to sell without talking a large price hit. To put it in perspective there are currently 79 Used Approved (equivalent to CPO in the US) 992s for sale here and only one has the beige interior. So I openly admit I may suffer from the "confirmation bias" phenomenon because it's an option I'd stay away from even if I could convince myself it was the best looking. My personal preference for a GR cab would be the slate / crayon interior with slate seat centres and guards red contrast stitching; I would forego the red clock and dial - see screenshot below. Admittedly the contrast stitch is quite costly; the less costly alternative is slate seat centres, keep with the standard stitching that comes with the slate / crayon and add GR seat belts to carry the exterior into the interior and give some contrast in the interior. I'm in the process of speccing up a targa and as you and others have stated the challenge is reaching a reasonable balance of the options you like without blowing the budget and ending up with an option heavy car which will depreciate more than normal trend. I reached the point where the option costs on the Targa would buy a Mini Cooper so I will have to dial it back a bit!

I assume you have some photos of the beige interior, if not let me know and I should be able to dig some out. Can you post a Porsche code for your build?

Quick Reply: 992 interior colors opinion