Sponsored by:

992 interior colors opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 05:21 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,789 Likes on 943 Posts

Originally Posted by dgtarga
I'm a big fan of the two tone interiors. My first choice for a GT silver Targa would have been black/chalk, which I have in my Panamera. Since not available for the 992, I went with slate gray and chalk, with slate gray seat centers (personally, I don't think it looks "busy" at all - it would to me if the seat centers were a third color). I've driven it in bright sunshine with top down and don't see any glare with the gray dash. Been very happy with it.
Thanks for the pic!!

I have an ‘08 C4S Cab in Midnight Blue with Slate interior. Darker than that. While it isn’t bad, I would prefer black. My issue is if I go deviated centers in Chalk whether to do the all black or black with chalk stitching which I posted and could look nice or could be too busy. When this all started it was never a question, Midnight Blue, black interior with chalk stitching, chalk centers. Since then I’ve switched to the brighter but more chameleon Gentian and grown to love the full chalk seats. Originally I liked it the other way b/c I liked the lower dash also in black as opposed to the lower dash in seat leather color.

the good news I think I’m totally settled on all my other options/features. It’s just the colors!!! And if the chalk was with black instead of grey it would be a done deal.

Last edited by 3rdpedal; 01-17-2021 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-18-2021, 02:05 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Here are my two main options I think at this point.
Slate Gray/Chalk vs Black w/ Chalk Stitching w Chalk Seat Centers

As seen in the configurator in 3D mode which is the only way to show the seat centers.

Thoughts?

Old 01-18-2021, 08:46 AM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

You will undoubtedly get differing opinions on this, but if you're looking for votes, I vote for the slate gray/chalk. Personally, I like the lighter interior with a dark exterior and go for the two tone interior whenever I can make it work with my exterior choice. As mentioned before, I have not had issue with glare from the slate gray upper dash.

Old 02-02-2021, 02:44 PM
Diane Garcia
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Final freeze point reached.

Freeze Date Reached, Production Date 2/5/21. Ordered GR S Cab with Sport Front Fascia, manual transmission, sport exhaust, full black leather with chalk deviated stitching, red dials and belts, Bose. ETA April 9th. Can't wait, so excited. Next choice was Gentian Blue but did not want to deal with dust layer. Here's my build: PMU5ZBG1
The following 2 users liked this post by Diane Garcia:
bkknight369 (02-02-2021), Russian Mafia (02-02-2021)
Old 02-02-2021, 03:55 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Diane Garcia
Freeze Date Reached, Production Date 2/5/21. Ordered GR S Cab with Sport Front Fascia, manual transmission, sport exhaust, full black leather with chalk deviated stitching, red dials and belts, Bose. ETA April 9th. Can't wait, so excited. Next choice was Gentian Blue but did not want to deal with dust layer. Here's my build: PMU5ZBG1
I was like I don’t see what options priced it up. Then I remembered you start with a higher base on a cab. Love the manual. Red Belts and Dials complement the exterior very nice. If it wasn’t $3,600 I would recommended the deviated stitching in red as well. That would have been a nice tie in. Congrats on your build.
The following users liked this post:
Diane Garcia (02-02-2021)
Old 02-02-2021, 05:42 PM
Diane Garcia
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 17 Posts

Yep would have loved the deviated stitching in red but just couldn't justify the additional $3600 for it. Betcha that will be my one regret.
Old 02-02-2021, 05:55 PM
coastal
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

I notice an error in the 3D configurator on the S cabriolet, it shows Black/Bordeaux interior has a black/gray seat-back with 14-way seats, but in photos from cars on dealer lots, the seat-back is same color as the seat front.. Bordeaux.

Last edited by coastal; 02-02-2021 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-04-2021, 04:02 PM
socalsharky
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by coastal
I notice an error in the 3D configurator on the S cabriolet, it shows Black/Bordeaux interior has a black/gray seat-back with 14-way seats, but in photos from cars on dealer lots, the seat-back is same color as the seat front.. Bordeaux.
Yes. Same error on the Carrera. The 2D configurator shows the Bordeaux seat backs. Hard to tell on the Targa since the photos are from different angles, but the 2D Targa appears to show Bordeaux.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:19 PM
Drtdvl
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi 3rdpedal - did you end up going with this interior combination? I am building a Turbo S Cabriolet and going with a chalk (or Gentian Blue) exterior and considering the same interior combination (black leather with chalk centres). It looks good on the configurator for both colours, however, my SA is strongly suggesting I pursue the deviated stitching option (in yellow) as he doesn't think the deviated centres will look that good.

I like both options but leaning towards the deviated centres as it lightens up the interior.

Is there anyone else that has gone this route? Please let me know your thoughts.
Old 02-08-2021, 03:49 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Drtdvl
Hi 3rdpedal - did you end up going with this interior combination? I am building a Turbo S Cabriolet and going with a chalk (or Gentian Blue) exterior and considering the same interior combination (black leather with chalk centres). It looks good on the configurator for both colours, however, my SA is strongly suggesting I pursue the deviated stitching option (in yellow) as he doesn't think the deviated centres will look that good.

I like both options but leaning towards the deviated centres as it lightens up the interior.

Is there anyone else that has gone this route? Please let me know your thoughts.
I have not finalized my build but at this point I have driven that car with the interior I posted and while I love the idea of the all chalk seats and doors, I don’t care for the slate grey dash and wheel. Also someone pointed out that the black bolsters may wear better than light ones. So yes, I am going black with chalk deviated stitching and chalk centers with a gentian blue exterior. I would say that you could also do black without the stitching and the centers and be fine.
Drtdvl (02-08-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 05:01 PM
socalsharky
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Drtdvl

This Picture of black seats with the chalk centers was posted in the general 992 pictures thread, and got lots of compliments. I think it looks great as well. It was a PTS green Turbo s.

Drtdvl (02-08-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 10:58 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by socalsharky
This Picture of black seats with the chalk centers was posted in the general 992 pictures thread, and got lots of compliments. I think it looks great as well. It was a PTS green Turbo s.
That makes me think I should consider the 930 Leather. Does the 930 change the feel of the seat, the comfort?

Quick Reply: 992 interior colors opinion