Originally Posted by couturegirl
That was original.
Thank you! Same to you!
Old 01-02-2021, 09:12 PM
ctdubl07
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Hello DG.

I had the Luxor beige on my 991 and while it was "vanilla", it was safe, timeless and a little cooler to the touch in brutal sun.

Youve chosen a beautiful and classic exterior color. I would say go with a more muted, mature and complimenting interior color. Your first choice is a winner and one you wont likely tire of. While it maybe a bit conservative, it will hold up for years.

My opinion is that unless its an Italian exotic, none should be optioned with red interiors....outside of the local Fast & Furious chapter, I think a red interior says Im trying to hard.

After a momentary slip, I ordered a 2016 M BMW with a red interior which I became embarrassed by owning and sold quickly....to a 21 year old Drifter dude.

Last edited by ctdubl07; 01-02-2021 at 09:14 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ctdubl07:
couturegirl (01-03-2021), Diane Garcia (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 01:15 AM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,244 Posts

I’m planning on going with Iceland Green (seats) / Black (dash & steering wheel)....with wood trim.
With a black roof lining, dash and floor carpeting, having light seats lightens up the interior and makes it less monotone.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 01-03-2021 at 01:23 AM.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:18 AM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Old 01-03-2021, 06:32 AM
ctdubl07
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

CBD - that will be a gorgeous and classic interior.

If you ever wear the deep blue jeans which are popular now, carry a tube of leather cleaner wipes as the drivers side bolsters will quickly become stained with dye on a car that light in color. Until the dye is fully rinsed from the pants, it will be on your seats daily. Lots of examples of it on various cars.
Old 01-03-2021, 07:04 AM
KG-Virus
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

I know this isn't what you asked for, but i just wanted to show the combination that i would have gotten if i picked guards red for my 992C.
Don't forget that you can customize some of the leather and stiching for your interior. this could be a 1 of 1.

Old 01-03-2021, 09:12 AM
couturegirl
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by KG-Virus
I know this isn't what you asked for, but i just wanted to show the combination that i would have gotten if i picked guards red for my 992C.
Don't forget that you can customize some of the leather and stiching for your interior. this could be a 1 of 1.

This actually isn't too gross-- maybe would work for GR.
The following users liked this post:
Diane Garcia (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 09:58 AM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Originally Posted by ctdubl07
CBD - that will be a gorgeous and classic interior.

If you ever wear the deep blue jeans which are popular now, carry a tube of leather cleaner wipes as the drivers side bolsters will quickly become stained with dye on a car that light in color. Until the dye is fully rinsed from the pants, it will be on your seats daily. Lots of examples of it on various cars.

Thx.

My current daily car is a BMW M4. It also has a light (even lighter than the Iceland Green leather)), and never had any issues...over the last 4 years. First, all the jeans i buy are pre-washed (pre-faded) and I wash them when I first get. Secondly, I am absolutely annal when it comes to cleaning and treating my leather. It’s something I enjoy doing...among other things, it helps keep the leather smelling new. But thanks for the heads up....just in case.

I did look at the two-tone leather seat....grey/black bottom with light bolsters....but wife said it looked “too busy”. Gotta keep the wife happy.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 01-03-2021 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Diane Garcia
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by dgasmd
I almost ordered the same, but in the end went with Gentian Blue. Every time I see a red one here makes me think back and forth that maybe I should have gone red.

I did see a cabrio red at the dealership, but it had the Black calipers instead of the red that the S comes with. Looked awesome. So, if it was me to do today, I would go with the black top, black/beige interior (chalk is the other choice I’d look at but the black top and red doesn’t go well with it), black calipers, black letters on the back, no red belts, AND white tach face and clock if you got the sports package. Red is a very IN YOUR FACE COLOR, and anything else in red just throws it over the edge for me making it tackie and vulgar looking. Black wheels would also be awesome BTW......

YMMV........
I LOVE the two tone mohave beige and black seats pictured here and that would solve some of the blue jean transfer issues that are concerning. My husband OTOH does not like two tone seats. He's ultra conservative and wants me to do all black. I do so appreciate all the suggestions on interiors that folks have mentioned. Super helpful. I am still torn between all black leather with chalk stitching and red dials and belts OR black/mohave beige all leather with red dials. Need to flip a coin I guess!
Old 01-03-2021, 11:45 AM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Originally Posted by Diane Garcia
I LOVE the two tone mohave beige and black seats pictured here and that would solve some of the blue jean transfer issues that are concerning. My husband OTOH does not like two tone seats. He's ultra conservative and wants me to do all black. I do so appreciate all the suggestions on interiors that folks have mentioned. Super helpful. I am still torn between all black leather with chalk stitching and red dials and belts OR black/mohave beige all leather with red dials. Need to flip a coin I guess!
Who will be driving the car the most? You or your husband? If you, then get what you like the most. It’s all personal taste.

But I will say this about all black or charcoal/grey leather seats - these two color tones have been the standard colors on pretty much all cars for decades. Obviously, many people like these color choices and opt for the safe (conservative) choice...same thing with external colors....the vast % of cars on the road are silver, white, black/grey. But Porsche, and a few other upscale automobile manufacturers now offer multiple color options (internal and external), including two-toning the interior. After 4 years of owning my first two-tone leather interior on my M4, I will never go back to a monotone color interior. Even 4 years later, when I step into my M4, the interior still brings a smile to my face. I think the lighter interior, with a black dash and roof lining....makes the interior lighter, and more inviting when compared to a monotone interior. Just my (and wife’s) personal tastes...she has a two-tone leather interior on her Lexus.
Old 01-03-2021, 12:36 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Who will be driving the car the most? You or your husband? If you, then get what you like the most. It’s all personal taste.

But I will say this about all black or charcoal/grey leather seats - these two color tones have been the standard colors on pretty much all cars for decades. Obviously, many people like these color choices and opt for the safe (conservative) choice...same thing with external colors....the vast % of cars on the road are silver, white, black/grey. But Porsche, and a few other upscale automobile manufacturers now offer multiple color options (internal and external), including two-toning the interior. After 4 years of owning my first two-tone leather interior on my M4, I will never go back to a monotone color interior. Even 4 years later, when I step into my M4, the interior still brings a smile to my face. I think the lighter interior, with a black dash and roof lining....makes the interior lighter, and more inviting when compared to a monotone interior. Just my (and wife’s) personal tastes...she has a two-tone leather interior on her Lexus.
Absolutely agree on the two tone interior, and with red exterior I think the black/beige with black inserts would look great. Others disagree, but that's the nature of color selections. Go with your gut, but would avoid too much additional red on the interior especially if you go with black/beige. The standard black seat belts look good and saves you a few bucks. Too many different colors becomes a bit of a circus.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:19 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Originally Posted by dgtarga
Absolutely agree on the two tone interior, and with red exterior I think the black/beige with black inserts would look great. Others disagree, but that's the nature of color selections. Go with your gut, but would avoid too much additional red on the interior especially if you go with black/beige. The standard black seat belts look good and saves you a few bucks. Too many different colors becomes a bit of a circus.
Yep, we are in agreement. I briefly looked at the option to have the center of the seat one color, and the seat bolsters another. My wife felt that looked “too busy”. After further reflection, I had to agree with her. But mixing colors up, without going too crazy, I believe, is the current trend in many upscale cars. That said, I don’t look at any of my choices from a re-sale perspective. I tend to keep my cars too long to worry ability that. It’s all about what is visually pleasing to the Mrs and I.

...and I know I will get hammered for this comment, but I try to shy away from bright colors like red or yellow (external colors). To me, they scream mid-life crisis. Now, if I was 20 years younger, I might consider. The last 5 cars I have owned, are all pretty conservative/traditional colors: black, silver and white. Personally, if you keep black clean, nothing looks sharper, IMO. But wife wanted something new and different, so decided on Aventurine Green...and having seen maybe 100’s of pics/vids of 992’s with this color...under different lighting and perspectives...I find the color to be the most interesting/rich looking color that Porsche currently has (excluding custom colors). Just my two cents.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:49 PM
couturegirl
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

Yep, we are in agreement. I briefly looked at the option to have the center of the seat one color, and the seat bolsters another. My wife felt that looked “too busy”. After further reflection, I had to agree with her. But mixing colors up, without going too crazy, I believe, is the current trend in many upscale cars. That said, I don’t look at any of my choices from a re-sale perspective. I tend to keep my cars too long to worry ability that. It’s all about what is visually pleasing to the Mrs and I.

...and I know I will get hammered for this comment, but I try to shy away from bright colors like red or yellow (external colors). To me, they scream mid-life crisis. Now, if I was 20 years younger, I might consider. The last 5 cars I have owned, are all pretty conservative/traditional colors: black, silver and white. Personally, if you keep black clean, nothing looks sharper, IMO. But wife wanted something new and different, so decided on Aventurine Green...and having seen maybe 100’s of pics/vids of 992’s with this color...under different lighting and perspectives...I find the color to be the most interesting/rich looking color that Porsche currently has (excluding custom colors). Just my two cents.
I totally agree re: the bright colors on a porsche. Also agree that black is the best color (when it's brand new)- my current 991.2 is JBM and after 2 years looks worse for the wear. I ended up going with chalk, but I also considered AG and GT silver.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:03 PM
Diane Garcia
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by couturegirl
I totally agree re: the bright colors on a porsche. Also agree that black is the best color (when it's brand new)- my current 991.2 is JBM and after 2 years looks worse for the wear. I ended up going with chalk, but I also considered AG and GT silver.
LOL! I traded in my black 2008 997 Turbo cab because I was sick to death of cleaning it constantly. Swore I will never own another black car after that one. Never felt one twinge of sadness getting rid of it. It was a complete relief to me. Now black does not look the least bit good to me. Sorry don't mean to offend but I know I am not alone in my feelings for black. Truly color is so personal. I have always wanted a red 911. I like some other colors like white and silver but we already have 2 white cars and 1 seal gray. Also strongly considered gentian blue but hubby says he doesn't like it. Prefer the old blue,, was it graphite?
I also like adventurine but hubby says not a sports car color. I have found from reading on this forum that its best not to ask opinions about exterior color because it is very personal indeed.
couturegirl (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 02:21 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

So Cody you have a real allocation finally with V200?

Quick Reply: 992 interior colors opinion