Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 interior colors opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 01:54 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

I agree that slate grey or truffle brown would not go all that well with Guards Red exterior and a black top. Personally I would go with the black/beige two tone with that exterior color combination. To go one step further, I would consider black deviated seat centers with that, as more black would tie in better than more of the beige. And for what it's worth, I personally like the leather interior option, especially with he two tone interior. The deviated beige stitching on the black leather along the top of the dash and door trim is a nice look. I had this on a 991.2 TTS (Carrara White) and really liked the look. That was a Luxor Beige, which is a bit more yellowish than the current Mojave Beige, and the current beige tone is much nicer.

The following users liked this post:
Diane Garcia (01-03-2021)
Old 01-02-2021, 01:55 PM
couturegirl
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Diane Garcia
Do you think the slate grey interior looks good with Guards Red? I also like this interior color option but you don't see it very often with Guards Red. Also do you think the red gauges and red belts look ok with the gray? I've got to decide very soon, my order freezes on Jan 18th. Thanks! Decisions, decisions....

That will not look good (grey). I think if you want all these red accoutrements inside the car, you have to stick with black. If you don't want to add all the red stuff, the beige will look good.
The following 2 users liked this post by couturegirl:
Diane Garcia (01-03-2021), mobilis (01-02-2021)
Old 01-02-2021, 01:56 PM
couturegirl
Instructor

Originally Posted by dgtarga
I agree that slate grey or truffle brown would not go all that well with Guards Red exterior and a black top. Personally I would go with the black/beige two tone with that exterior color combination. To go one step further, I would consider black deviated seat centers with that, as more black would tie in better than more of the beige. And for what it's worth, I personally like the leather interior option, especially with he two tone interior. The deviated beige stitching on the black leather along the top of the dash and door trim is a nice look. I had this on a 991.2 TTS (Carrara White) and really liked the look. That was a Luxor Beige, which is a bit more yellowish than the current Mojave Beige, and the current beige tone is much nicer.

Agree with you, and she should skip the red seatbelts etc.
Diane Garcia (01-03-2021)
Old 01-02-2021, 01:59 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Agree on the seat belts..... Also, would not wait too long to make this decision. Freeze dates are a little fluid and occasionally get moved up. On my last order (992 Targa 4S) the actual freeze date occurred about a week before what was shown on TYD, and was about two weeks before the "vehicle fixed" date in PSVM system.
Old 01-02-2021, 02:14 PM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Received 837 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by Diane Garcia
Do you think the slate grey interior looks good with Guards Red? I also like this interior color option but you don't see it very often with Guards Red. Also do you think the red gauges and red belts look ok with the gray? I've got to decide very soon, my order freezes on Jan 18th. Thanks! Decisions, decisions....
I think Slate Grey will look BEST with guards red and be the best of everything interior option. The color is dark enough that it will hide dirt (I have almost the exact same interior color in my three year old Ford Fusion Sport with 80k miles and still looks fantastic) but light enough that it wont get scorching hot in the summer months, especially with a convertible and the top down, doesn't reflect like black, and as much as I like tan, I dont like red and tan. I would do light tan over silver, white, grey, black, blue, etc, but not red. Slate grey would be my first choice. Chalk and slate grey would be second, but that's an expensive interior option. Black would be my third. Guards Red with black interior looks awesome, but black is tough in the summer.
Old 01-02-2021, 02:22 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 855 Likes on 419 Posts

I gotta agree on Guard’s red exterior/grey interior would be a killer combination, subject to confirming with color samples there’s not some weird tone thing which I doubt. Maybe throw in white dials.
Old 01-02-2021, 02:37 PM
couturegirl
Instructor

Originally Posted by ryandarr1979
I think Slate Grey will look BEST with guards red and be the best of everything interior option. The color is dark enough that it will hide dirt (I have almost the exact same interior color in my three year old Ford Fusion Sport with 80k miles and still looks fantastic) but light enough that it wont get scorching hot in the summer months, especially with a convertible and the top down, doesn't reflect like black, and as much as I like tan, I dont like red and tan. I would do light tan over silver, white, grey, black, blue, etc, but not red. Slate grey would be my first choice. Chalk and slate grey would be second, but that's an expensive interior option. Black would be my third. Guards Red with black interior looks awesome, but black is tough in the summer.
So funny, I think grey is so ugly. My old Ferrari F430 was Rosso Corsa with tan and looked amazing.
Old 01-02-2021, 02:45 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by couturegirl
So funny, I think grey is so ugly. My old Ferrari F430 was Rosso Corsa with tan and looked amazing.
Like Magnum PI...
Kcposche25 (01-02-2021)
Old 01-02-2021, 02:48 PM
couturegirl
Instructor

Originally Posted by gohawks23
Like Magnum PI...
It looked good in 2009-- had to own a classic colored Ferrari once in my life. I haven't had a red car since (don't like red, with the exception of Ferrari and even then it would not be my first choice now).
Old 01-02-2021, 02:49 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Well my fleet of helicopters is red and grey and looks stunning.
Old 01-02-2021, 02:56 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 405 Likes on 205 Posts

This thread highlights how personal color combinations really are amongst the forum. I personally think black is the safest choice, followed by black/tan - classic sports car look, then slate grey with guards red. I love my slate grey interior, but think the other choices match guards red better, esp when the top is down.

And agreed with dgtarga about your lock date, my build ended up being competed a month early so just be aware. Good luck!
couturegirl (01-02-2021)
Old 01-02-2021, 03:01 PM
couturegirl
Instructor

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
Well my fleet of helicopters is red and grey and looks stunning.
We can't all have style.
Old 01-02-2021, 03:33 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by couturegirl
We can't all have style.
Don’t be so hard on yourself.
ryandarr1979 (01-02-2021)
Old 01-02-2021, 03:39 PM
couturegirl
Instructor

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
Don’t be so hard on yourself.
That was original.
Old 01-02-2021, 03:43 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

Honestly Magnum's car/color was the bomb...the new version is pretty nice too...too flashy for me but the color combo looks great on TV!
couturegirl (01-02-2021)

Quick Reply: 992 interior colors opinion