Sponsored by:

2021 Delivery Date?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 02:31 PM
Spyder8286
Advanced

Received 58 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Warren99
I’ve had my TYD say Port Processing complete on 11/10 for a while now and still no car. I’m in Texas. My arrival date is still 12/4. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Ugh, I was hoping that was the TYD equivalent of "PDI finished." I guess not.
Old 12-01-2020, 02:34 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder8286
Have you (or anyone else) previously had a status of "port processing completed?" That seems like an important step. On the Porsche management system, my car's status has never got past "port handling - administrative hold," which was due to the active blocks for the CARB certification.
Yes - shortly after my car arrived in Baltimore the TYD changed to show "port processing completed" while the PSVM system showed "administrative hold." Once the EPA certification was given, the port processing completed date on TYD changed to the certification date (Nov 12th) and PSVM system showed PDI in, PDI out, and released for transport dates of Nov. 12. My guess is that PDI was done and TYD initially reflected that, but "official" date subsequently changed when certification given. Just a guess....
Old 12-01-2020, 02:44 PM
Warren99
Racer

Received 279 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Vintage72
My car arrived in Houston 10/1, port processing complete on 10/7 . . . . and I wait. TYD says 12/4 with 3 days to go but I very much doubt that my car arrives this week.
That was my original port processing date as well. Said it was completed 10/7, and then it changed (at least once, can’t remember). It has stayed at 11/10 for a while but my SA looked today and this is what their system is saying:

Old 12-01-2020, 02:48 PM
Spyder8286
Advanced

Originally Posted by dgtarga
Yes - shortly after my car arrived in Baltimore the TYD changed to show "port processing completed" while the PSVM system showed "administrative hold." Once the EPA certification was given, the port processing completed date on TYD changed to the certification date (Nov 12th) and PSVM system showed PDI in, PDI out, and released for transport dates of Nov. 12. My guess is that PDI was done and TYD initially reflected that, but "official" date subsequently changed when certification given. Just a guess....
So you got all the way to a status of "released for transport" with an "actual date" (vs. an "expected" or "planned" date) on the PSVM system? My car has never got to "PDI finished" on the PSVM system. The "planned date" and "expected date" in the PSVM system continue to show a "dealer inventory" date of 12/4, but, oddly, it has no planed or expected dates for "PDI finished" or "release to transport."
Old 12-01-2020, 02:59 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

So you got all the way to a status of "released for transport" with an "actual date" (vs. an "expected" or "planned" date) on the PSVM system? My car has never got to "PDI finished" on the PSVM system. The "planned date" and "expected date" in the PSVM system continue to show a "dealer inventory" date of 12/4, but, oddly, it has no planed or expected dates for "PDI finished" or "release to transport."
I did, but I am in a non-CARB state. Sorry if that wasn't clear. November 12 was EPA certification date. Released for transport corresponded to that, and it arrived at dealer Nov. 15th. If this pattern holds for CARB states your release for transport will show when CARB certification is finalized.
Old 12-01-2020, 03:05 PM
Spyder8286
Advanced

Originally Posted by dgtarga
I did, but I am in a non-CARB state. Sorry if that wasn't clear. November 12 was EPA certification date. Released for transport corresponded to that, and it arrived at dealer Nov. 15th. If this pattern holds for CARB states your release for transport will show when CARB certification is finalized.
Yep. I was hoping someone out there in a CARB state was seeing a status of "PDI finished" or "released for transport." Doesn't sound like that is the case. (Hopefully it will be on 12/4.)
Old 12-01-2020, 04:43 PM
Brandguy
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Yep. I was hoping someone out there in a CARB state was seeing a status of "PDI finished" or "released for transport." Doesn't sound like that is the case. (Hopefully it will be on 12/4.)
1) My TYD changed to "contact your dealer to arrange delivery" yesterday
2) Received an email telling me that "we've added a vehicle to your Porsche ID account"
3) Received a text with my Pairing Code for the PCM
4) Received an email from the dealer telling me that he is overnighting my paperwork

Above all feels like true progress for a CARB state resident buying from a non-CARB state dealer. Won't rest easy until the car is in my garage....
Old 12-01-2020, 04:46 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 199 Posts

That is great news! I look forward to you posting the pictures - as we all know, it did not happen if there are not pictures.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:13 PM
Spyder8286
Advanced

Originally Posted by Brandguy
1) My TYD changed to "contact your dealer to arrange delivery" yesterday
2) Received an email telling me that "we've added a vehicle to your Porsche ID account"
3) Received a text with my Pairing Code for the PCM
4) Received an email from the dealer telling me that he is overnighting my paperwork

Above all feels like true progress for a CARB state resident buying from a non-CARB state dealer. Won't rest easy until the car is in my garage....
That's positive news. Is the car on location at your non-CARB state dealer? Or, does Porsche know that it is going to be purchased by a CARB state buyer and, therefore, is holding it at the port? On this point, I'm curious as to how Porsche manages sales in general by non-CARB state dealers right now. What if a CARB state resident walks into a non-CARB state dealer and wants to buy a new 911 out of dealer inventory (assuming there is any). Do the non-CARB state dealers simply say no, you can't buy the car?
Old 12-01-2020, 05:33 PM
Brandguy
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

That's positive news. Is the car on location at your non-CARB state dealer? Or, does Porsche know that it is going to be purchased by a CARB state buyer and, therefore, is holding it at the port? On this point, I'm curious as to how Porsche manages sales in general by non-CARB state dealers right now. What if a CARB state resident walks into a non-CARB state dealer and wants to buy a new 911 out of dealer inventory (assuming there is any). Do the non-CARB state dealers simply say no, you can't buy the car?
All good questions for which I have very few answers. I am almost afraid to broach the topic with my dealer since, as many on this thread have come to realize, we seem to often know more than our dealers. I can tell you that it is confirmed that my car has been shipped from Baltimore and is now physically on the dealership lot.
The following users liked this post:
Spyder8286 (12-01-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 05:41 PM
Babyray
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 73 Posts

I’m just guessing, but it’s probably the same as a California residence trying to buy a gun in Nevada. You have to prove residency in that state.
gohawks23 (12-01-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 06:03 PM
gymdent
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts
Default PSMP Relief

Originally Posted by ryandarr1979
Word on the street is that Porsche is going to provide PSMP +1 for those with cars sitting in port up to 60 days and PSMP +2 for those sitting longer than 60 days. Doesn’t get us our cars any sooner but if true, it’s something. Scheduled maintenance visits aren’t cheap.
The owner of the dealership here on Long Island verified this. He said I'll be getting an email regarding who's getting which one.
Helios59 (12-01-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 08:10 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,653 Likes on 2,078 Posts

Porsche released a memo this same subject O/A 11 Nov (EPA cert) prohibiting transfer/sale to CARB states.

It was posted here or on the Spyder/GT4 Forum.

Ain’t gonna happen...
Old 12-01-2020, 09:16 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,268 Likes on 640 Posts

I'm going to be honest... when people started complaining on this thread I thought they were being babies. That said I'd never have guessed that we'd be at 12/1 with no clarity on when to expect carb state deliveries so all the bitching on this thread is starting to feel a whole lot more justifiable.
The following 3 users liked this post by slc4s:
Brandguy (12-01-2020), Mjchernis (12-02-2020), mr965 (12-01-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 10:21 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,378 Likes on 1,479 Posts

Popped in over at the 718 forum to see if the MY21 GT4/Spyder cars are coming in with pilot “dimples”... and they do.

Can anyone confirm if their MY21 911 has these??

Totally unacceptable new practice IMO

Last edited by smiles11; 12-01-2020 at 10:30 PM.

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?