Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 03:05 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by JustGettingMilk
i received two keys, however, my steering wheel was delivered with manual adjustment despite ordering powered. I guess they will change it as parts / chips come available....
Yes current chip shortage is causing ah "creative" ways of working around this on the production lines at Porsche and many auto manufacturers. Many are delivering cars without some minor items or with one key or manual seats say with the missing chip/module to be installed at a later date when available. This I think is to keep the lines moving and deliveries intact rather than a stoppage which hurts things even more. Last read the US is expecting like 1 million or more less vehicles to be sold/delivered this year in 2021 and into 2022 also...makes sense as even driving around and looking at random dealerships I have noticed less vehicles on their lots both new and used it seems.
Originally Posted by westsiderkg
Why will Porsche not just put a notice or bulletin out regarding the steering wheel? Seems to affect many cars, but maybe not all?

Hope this doesn't affect 2022 MY, appreciate giving others updates.
Yes was talking to my dealer SA when I placed my Taycan CT4 order last month and issue is chip shortages and a few logistics issues due to COVID19 and sub contractors/supplies. Almost all of chips are sourced out of Asia (Taiwan for one) and during COVID19 were redirected to other goods as automakers shut down plants. Now demand is outstripping orders so he said they were receiving cars with just one key and also power steering modules removed from the factory just to get them out to the dealers (they need something to sell and deliver right?) in some normal non delayed fashion. What they are doing is Porsche is sending power steering modules to the dealership he said for certain modules and they [and many Porsche dealers] were installing them at delivery to the customer to allow adjustment of the steering to their needs then removing them and thus manual adjustment afterwards until the factory is able to catch up and they will install the permanent modules/fix afterwards at a later date. Think of it as a recall item. Weird but I guess I'd rather have my car than wait for a steering module I guess..since I am the only driver...that works for me. Another reason why I am glad I got 4 way manual seats in my 992 last year before all this tho!
Originally Posted by BCA01
This is the first I’ve heard of the steering wheel issue. I looked around the forum including back in this thread and didn’t see anything else about it. My 2022 C2S coupe is on the Felicity Ace due in Houston next week. It’ll be extremely disappointing if it shows up without a power steering column; how would they even fix that without taking a whole bunch of stuff apart? I don’t know that I’d even want that done. Ugh. Now I’m worried. Fingers crossed.

I did just get my production pic yesterday. The car finished production on 7/21 and was on the boat on 7/30, so it’s moved quickly. But it was super cool for this pic to finally pop up!

Chip shortage is affecting many things production wise. See my message above. Good think Porsche seems to be tracking and making them right as they can. Hope so for you car as well.
Originally Posted by thomd
Uggg. My freeze date was 9/13. I sent a few last config changes to my dealer because I did not want to make any changes too close to that date. Today, after my changes, all my dates have been pushed back about 2 weeks. Freeze date now 9/28.

I just added
1) extended range fuel tank
2) interior trim inlays in leather
3) exclusive design taillights

Would any of these cause my dates to change. Seems odd my "freeze" date changed as well.

Thom
Yes lots of folks seem to be seeing changes to their dates with build changes...my guess would be factory is batching some things based on supply of chips and such and anything that significantly disrupts that or maybe paint shop scheduling may cause a reset but 2 weeks isn't much? Hell many of us waited that much or longer for our cars to be released from port last year due to the EPA/CARB release/approval drama. Good luck.
Originally Posted by PorscheRocket
Similar story for me. I paid my deposit in early May for a C2S and also for a GTS. The dealership received allocations for only one base Carrera during the last batch of allocations in July. I asked when can we expect the next round of allocations and my SA said later in August. Like you, I'm not in a hurry, but I am really hoping to have the car delivered in the spring of 2022 at the latest.
Yes good luck with that plan I think it may work but for a spring to summer 2022 allocation and delivery as not much else is expected between Sept and Dec according to my dealer nationwide for most dealers and they should only expect to receive a handful of allocations due to demand and current chip shortages also. Good luck.
Old 08-16-2021, 07:19 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 362 Posts
Default Back in waiting

So I find myself back in here, again, which is interesting and hopefully the last stops of this weird 992 journey which began in November 2019.

These are the dates: (assuming no delays)

Order froze: 7/26
Order fixed: 9/3
Scheduled to start production: 9/17
Vehicle complete: 10/1

Vehicle is PTS, manual, slick top and CXX^3.

Old 08-16-2021, 01:45 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,271 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by SFAVGUY
Well my 992 finally arrived, heading down to SoCal to pick up on Thursday to drive it back to the Bay Area but thought I would post a few pics. The goal with the build was a bit of a throwback look, most options were selected with that in mind.

This is bizarre.... that car is clearly at Porsche Riverside but last night I saw this listing for Porsche Livermore... this has to be the same car. Are you selling the car up in the bay area now?
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
Old 08-16-2021, 02:03 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 878 Likes on 416 Posts

Interesting for sure. SO Cal to Bay area >10 miles, Livermore ad shows 10.9 miles.

Last edited by icanthelpit; 08-16-2021 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-16-2021, 02:06 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 920 Likes on 485 Posts

Kelly blue book value is below MSRP for a brand new untitled car.
Old 08-16-2021, 02:30 PM
403portside
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
This is bizarre.... that car is clearly at Porsche Riverside but last night I saw this listing for Porsche Livermore... this has to be the same car. Are you selling the car up in the bay area now?
Different car. SFAVGUY mentioned this in another thread. He has an interesting story behind why Livermore has the exact same car

This is my Aventurine Green car next to the BRG car at Livermore, waiting for delivery.

Old 08-16-2021, 02:35 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Further proof most dealers could care less about their customers. Or would be customers. That whole “‘oops we left your configuration in our system’ and it locked so we brought in the car as dealer inventory anyways” story is what it is, a story from them. Nothing we can do. It is what it is. Unfortunately.

Awesome spec thought so enjoy it x 2!
Old 08-16-2021, 04:29 PM
audi4t
Burning Brakes

Received 850 Likes on 394 Posts

Notified of production date and delivery date scheduled

Here's my build

V200 - Delivery date determined

1 992110 911 Carrera
2 3I Python Green
3 JE Standard Interior in Black/Mojave Beige
4 0I2 Extended Range Fuel Tank (23.7 gal.)
5 0P9 Sport Exhaust System incl. Tailpipes in Black
6 2FS GT Sport Steering Wheel in Leather
7 46J 20"/21" RS Spyder Design Wheels
8 4D3 Ventilated Seats (Front)
9 6XV Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
10 8LH Sport Chrono Package
11 8M1 Rear Wiper
12 8PB Central Tachometer in Lizard Green
13 FZ9 Seat Belts in Lizard Green
14 KA6 Surround View
15 QE1 Storage Package
16 UD1 Under Door Puddle Light Projectors
17 VN2 Sport Chrono Stopwatch Dial in Lizard Green
18 Z1S Included First Year / 10,000 Mile Maintenance
19 ZAB Ornamental Porsche Crest
20 ZAC No Sunroof
21 ZGA Porsche Experience Center Delivery (Atlanta

Last edited by audi4t; 08-16-2021 at 04:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Go Bruins (08-16-2021)
Old 08-16-2021, 07:08 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,271 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by 403portside
Different car. SFAVGUY mentioned this in another thread. He has an interesting story behind why Livermore has the exact same car

This is my Aventurine Green car next to the BRG car at Livermore, waiting for delivery.

For what its worth I liked the spec so much I was going to call livermore on the car today Crazy that there are two of them floating around with such a unique spec... manual... exhaust... 930 pack... lots of rare options on it.
Old 08-16-2021, 07:21 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

You should've called. If you don't live in the same area, who cares? Even if you do, there is a neat story behind it so Twin C2S's in the same city happens more often than not with the dealer specs, why not with a special build such as this one. Very nice car x 2! Someone will pick it up.
Old 08-16-2021, 07:44 PM
JiminyGlick
Banned

Received 163 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by 403portside

Didn't they do the same thing to your Aventurine Green car or am I getting the threads confused???
Old 08-16-2021, 08:22 PM
403portside
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 109 Posts

[QUOTE=JiminyGlick;17611155]Didn't they do the same thing to your Aventurine Green car or am I getting the threads confused???[/QUOTE

Ha! No they didn’t do that to me. There is another thread about 2 Aventurine cars at Porsche Redwood City. I did a post this week about my delivery from Livermore.
Old 08-16-2021, 09:30 PM
SFAVGUY
Racer

Received 477 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
Here is the story, it almost created 2 identical spec PTS cars, almost, last minute I added RWS to my build so you could argue its a bit different.

That’s a funny / not so funny story. I originally placed my order at Porsche of Livermoore, but due to a complete lack of communication I went in another direction and have been super happy with that choice and the service I have received. Fast forward 6 months and POL calls to see if I ever got a car, I say yes I ordered one and it just arrived. They said “we liked your spec so much that we kept your order in the system” So as a result there are now 2 BRG 992C2S’s in almost identical specs, meaning my spec. I was a bit annoyed at first and feel like I should be paid a royalty or something (JK) but at the end of the day I can’t do anything about it so it is what it is.
The following users liked this post:
michaelp (08-17-2021)
Old 08-16-2021, 11:45 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,966 Likes on 798 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
Further proof most dealers could care less about their customers. Or would be customers. That whole “‘oops we left your configuration in our system’ and it locked so we brought in the car as dealer inventory anyways” story is what it is, a story from them. Nothing we can do. It is what it is. Unfortunately.

Awesome spec thought so enjoy it x 2!
I know this can be annoying... but it really depends on one's attitude. I would fall within the camp of imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Who cares if they liked my spec so much they copied it. That's just the dealer recognizing that a customer does a better job spec'ing the cars than they can. I'd take it as a compliment. Would it be annoying to see a fairly unique build as my own PTS car driving down the street? yeah, I suppose. But I think it would also be pretty cool too at the same time.

The world is so filled w/ hate and anger and all kinds of junk. I try to see the positive in things instead of default to being upset about stuff. I'm sure having this attitude is going to lengthen my life as I'm not looking for things to stress over.

We are on this forum talking about buying, driving and enjoying these awesome cars. To get to this stage in our lives where we can do this alone should be cause for celebration and happiness.
The following 5 users liked this post by AlterZgo:
Go Bruins (08-17-2021), icanthelpit (08-17-2021), JiminyGlick (08-17-2021), laurenxesq (08-19-2021), robert310 (08-17-2021)
Old 08-17-2021, 01:01 AM
SFAVGUY
Racer

Received 477 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
I know this can be annoying... but it really depends on one's attitude. I would fall within the camp of imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Who cares if they liked my spec so much they copied it. That's just the dealer recognizing that a customer does a better job spec'ing the cars than they can. I'd take it as a compliment. Would it be annoying to see a fairly unique build as my own PTS car driving down the street? yeah, I suppose. But I think it would also be pretty cool too at the same time.

The world is so filled w/ hate and anger and all kinds of junk. I try to see the positive in things instead of default to being upset about stuff. I'm sure having this attitude is going to lengthen my life as I'm not looking for things to stress over.

We are on this forum talking about buying, driving and enjoying these awesome cars. To get to this stage in our lives where we can do this alone should be cause for celebration and happiness.
All good points. End of day it’s not worth stressing over it.
The following 3 users liked this post by SFAVGUY:
AlterZgo (08-17-2021), laurenxesq (08-19-2021), robert310 (08-17-2021)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!