Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2020, 11:02 PM
Wilsontour
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by craig66
So my car has started arriving piecemeal ...... I got the wheels now I just need the rest of the car.

Got my winter wheels and clear side markers courtesy of @getPorscheparts - was worried that the car would arrive before the wheels as they were special order but they arrived super fast in just 3 weeks and are now waiting to be put on my C2 which right now is riding the waves on Asian King
I put my order in on 11/27 and the estimation delivery is 1/8/2021. Hopefully it will be getting here sooner than that date since my car is now on the way to my dealer from Houston.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:03 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 856 Likes on 419 Posts

Well, sometime this afternoon my completion date got pushed back 35 days! The build was supposed to have begun 11/30 and completed 12/11. Now completion is shown as 1/15. For the most part I'm happy about this as I won't be driving the car until April but it's kind of puzzling. I'm hoping it wasn't something like someone's bratwurst got sucked into the engine as they were testing it and it takes 35 days to clean enough of it out of the engine for it to turn over. Or maybe someone set the frame on fire and they're going to cut away the damage and solder in pieces of a Beck's keg. Maybe it's just Christmas break.

Has anyone else just noticed a lengthy delay? Build link below in case anyone has thoughts as to what might be causing it.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMTCMN70
Old 12-09-2020, 11:50 PM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
Well, sometime this afternoon my completion date got pushed back 35 days! The build was supposed to have begun 11/30 and completed 12/11. Now completion is shown as 1/15. For the most part I'm happy about this as I won't be driving the car until April but it's kind of puzzling. I'm hoping it wasn't something like someone's bratwurst got sucked into the engine as they were testing it and it takes 35 days to clean enough of it out of the engine for it to turn over. Or maybe someone set the frame on fire and they're going to cut away the damage and solder in pieces of a Beck's keg. Maybe it's just Christmas break.

Has anyone else just noticed a lengthy delay? Build link below in case anyone has thoughts as to what might be causing it.

my build got pushed back 3 to 4 weeks - most seemed to think it was the options list that caused it
Old 12-09-2020, 11:52 PM
craig66
Pro

Received 499 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilsontour
I put my order in on 11/27 and the estimation delivery is 1/8/2021. Hopefully it will be getting here sooner than that date since my car is now on the way to my dealer from Houston.
They said it would take 3-5 weeks but it took 3 weeks and so you might be pleasantly surprised. It came really well packaged and UPS literally wheeled it into my garage. It is UPS freight and so as soon as you get the link to UPS tracking call UPS to arrange delivery times. Unlike Tire rack which send the naked wheel these came securely boxed and separated by foam.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:59 PM
Wilsontour
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 30 Posts

They said it would take 3-5 weeks but it took 3 weeks and so you might be pleasantly surprised. It came really well packaged and UPS literally wheeled it into my garage. It is UPS freight and so as soon as you get the link to UPS tracking call UPS to arrange delivery times. Unlike Tire rack which send the naked wheel these came securely boxed and separated by foam.
Nice! Thanks for the info。
Old 12-10-2020, 01:48 AM
melbay
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

She arrived at dealer last evening.Waiting on dealer to call today and set up delivery, Stopping by bank to get certified check and then on my way!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2020, 03:02 AM
frankchn
Pro

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts

Same! My TTS Coupe got pushed back to 1/15 on Tuesday. It started production on 11/27 and was supposed to complete 12/3. In fact, I received an email and my main Porsche Connect portal states that "My vehicle has been produced." The tracking printout from my dealer shows the same 1/15 delay so

I suspect it is probably some unexpected part shortage that is pushing everything back. We have the following parts in common:
  • Folding Mirrors
  • LCA
  • Surround View
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Glass Sunroof
  • RAS
  • FAL
  • Race-Tex Roof Lining
  • Interior Trim in Carbon
  • (?) PASM Sport (no idea if this is shared between TT and Carrera models)
  • (?) Sport Exhaust (no idea if this is shared between TT and Carrera models)
My build is http://www.porsche-code.com/PMYU69A2

Last edited by frankchn; 12-10-2020 at 03:04 AM.
Old 12-10-2020, 03:21 AM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by frankchn
Same! My TTS Coupe got pushed back to 1/15 on Tuesday. It started production on 11/27 and was supposed to complete 12/3. In fact, I received an email and my main Porsche Connect portal states that "My vehicle has been produced." The tracking printout from my dealer shows the same 1/15 delay so

I suspect it is probably some unexpected part shortage that is pushing everything back. We have the following parts in common:
  • Folding Mirrors
  • LCA
  • Surround View
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Glass Sunroof
  • RAS
  • FAL
  • Race-Tex Roof Lining
  • Interior Trim in Carbon
  • (?) PASM Sport (no idea if this is shared between TT and Carrera models)
  • (?) Sport Exhaust (no idea if this is shared between TT and Carrera models)
My build is http://www.porsche-code.com/PMYU69A2
Nice build...we have the same color scheme. Maybe they didn't have enough silver paint for both cars? As I understand it, Porsche has hundreds of suppliers, a supply chain interruption wouldn't be surprising. We'll see if we run into the same sort of delays experienced by those now taking delivery.
Old 12-10-2020, 05:14 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 454 Posts

Beautiful, simple and elegant - love it
Twin for my car and build almost! LOL. Welcome to the party...I mean club!

My build 992 v2
Old 12-10-2020, 10:15 AM
getPorscheSilverSpringParts
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

So my car has started arriving piecemeal ...... I got the wheels now I just need the rest of the car.

Got my winter wheels and clear side markers courtesy of @getPorscheparts - was worried that the car would arrive before the wheels as they were special order but they arrived super fast in just 3 weeks and are now waiting to be put on my C2 which right now is riding the waves on Asian King

Thanks again!!

Shop & SAVE on Genuine OEM Porsche Parts, Accessories & Driver's Selection!
Contact Us · Shop Audi & BMW Parts too!

Old 12-10-2020, 10:27 AM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Received 837 Likes on 417 Posts

Nice build...we have the same color scheme. Maybe they didn't have enough silver paint for both cars? As I understand it, Porsche has hundreds of suppliers, a supply chain interruption wouldn't be surprising. We'll see if we run into the same sort of delays experienced by those now taking delivery.
Maybe there is a shortage of race tex. Porsche had to switch suppliers from Alcantara and guessing due to a shortage. They are about to ramp up usage with the 718 GT4/Spyder and the 992 GT3 around the corner.
Old 12-10-2020, 10:37 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Holy cow - I just looked at their pricing for these. Awesome.
Old 12-10-2020, 01:34 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ryandarr1979
Maybe there is a shortage of race tex. Porsche had to switch suppliers from Alcantara and guessing due to a shortage. They are about to ramp up usage with the 718 GT4/Spyder and the 992 GT3 around the corner.
That's a really good point. It would be interesting if Porsche made it possible to alter completion timing by altering options, even after lock. Maybe that would introduce too much complexity right now given they can't seem to keep TYD up to date. I'm prepared to be really patient with this. More than I was with my ex-wife but then this car is a lot more important to me.
The following users liked this post:
TheGreatJ (12-10-2020)
Old 12-10-2020, 02:29 PM
chong0
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

FWIW my freeze point/production start also got pushed back 2 weeks as well. My build is not anything crazy either. COVID and the supply chain?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM6MCX31
Old 12-10-2020, 02:49 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 188 Posts

Same thing happened on my TYD in Nov and then a couple days later it showed my car being completed. I wouldn't put too much credence in TYD dates until your car is on a boat.
The following users liked this post:
Russian Mafia (12-10-2020)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!