Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 04:41 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 362 Posts

Nevermind, just dawned on me RR Discovery Sport...
Old 10-20-2020, 05:24 PM
mrmichaelsankey
Racer

Received 242 Likes on 147 Posts

[QUOTE=JAB12;16976517]
Originally Posted by mrmichaelsankey
Called the dealer, SA was on holiday so got the sales manager “your wife’s macan turbo is due at the end of November"

That Sir, is your biggest win. Wife getting car before you. Ask me how I know.

What is a disco sport if you don't mind me asking?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

The discovery sport is an absolute bucket of bolts. Old tech, poor handling, terrible gearbox, bad brakes. She got it coming out of a Renault van... which IMO was a better drive.

Yeah, she has too much time in the M5, hence the macan turbo... silly fast, fun, practical....
Old 10-20-2020, 05:32 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=mrmichaelsankey;16976626]
Originally Posted by JAB12

🤣🤣🤣🤣

The discovery sport is an absolute bucket of bolts. Old tech, poor handling, terrible gearbox, bad brakes. She got it coming out of a Renault van... which IMO was a better drive.

Yeah, she has too much time in the M5, hence the macan turbo... silly fast, fun, practical....
Have one at home, Macan that is. She got it in February before the world went upside down. My best investment yet. "Happy Wife, Happy Life!"
The following users liked this post:
Master Deep (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 06:10 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by tfcoll
I have a similar story to yours except I got the TYD email with a link, but it says, "Service Unavailable". Kinda frustrating for the amount of money I spent on this car.
Wait until your car sits at port
tfcoll (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 06:49 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Question

Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia
Wait until your car sits at port
Old 10-21-2020, 04:12 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilsontour
Hello everyone! Newcomer here. Ordered my first 911 Base model on 10/15 at my local dealer. SA told me he had an allocation and put the order in with my build code. The car is expected to come in at the end of December and scheduled a delivery date on 1/2/2021. However I still haven't got the "Track Your Dream" link email from Porsche NA so far. Could someone tell me what the average days the TYD link email was received by you after the order was put in? Really appreciate your input here!
Its variable...some get it pretty quickly others wait..others never arrives.
Originally Posted by tfcoll
I have a similar story to yours except I got the TYD email with a link, but it says, "Service Unavailable". Kinda frustrating for the amount of money I spent on this car.
Its back up now...probably updated some statuses for folk cars and the 11/6 FY21 sale/release date.
Originally Posted by JAB12
@Wilsontour @tfcoll The TYD email comes weeks later from Porsche. Others will chime in on this. Mine is not a good measuring bar as it came 5 months later. My order was placed 2 weeks before Covid chaos peaked back in March 2020 and I got the TYD email in July 2020. I can write a book, car was supposed to be a 2020 then order rolled over into 2021 MY due to the delay and mainly the Cxx options on the build which were on 'pending' status. I would say don't hold your breath on the TYD email, its a cool feature to have, but I have also heard stories where the email arrives and the car is already on the water. Post your builds as well. Good luck!
Yes it can be interesting....my car ordered late July...locked a week later (allocation from another dealer obtained by my dealer) and then no TYD message for like a month. Had to email PCNA twice and my SA called and finally got the link at end of Aug. Car produced actually a lil over a week earlier than planned and according to SA shipped earlier too. Right now TYD shows it at Port at Emden, Germany BUT I have it tracked from my SA on the SARA LEADER and that ship already left Emden and docked in San Diego yesterday...TYD still shows my car waiting for the SARA LEADER to load the car! So there can be some delays...but it does give you some awareness...but your SA is also a good resource to confirm your expectations and timelines. Good luck!

Originally Posted by gohawks23
I was told to expect TYD link a week or so before V260 or production begin date.

PS, my estimated Baltimore entry date is 1/1 and my car locks 10/30 with production start 11/13...so I'd hope for TYD around 11/6...these dates should be similar to yours based on delivery estimate if your car is getting off ship Baltimore.
Hope so keep your fingers crossed.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:05 AM
craig66
Pro

Received 499 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Its variable...some get it pretty quickly others wait..others never arrives.

Its back up now...probably updated some statuses for folk cars and the 11/6 FY21 sale/release date.

Yes it can be interesting....my car ordered late July...locked a week later (allocation from another dealer obtained by my dealer) and then no TYD message for like a month. Had to email PCNA twice and my SA called and finally got the link at end of Aug. Car produced actually a lil over a week earlier than planned and according to SA shipped earlier too. Right now TYD shows it at Port at Emden, Germany BUT I have it tracked from my SA on the SARA LEADER and that ship already left Emden and docked in San Diego yesterday...TYD still shows my car waiting for the SARA LEADER to load the car! So there can be some delays...but it does give you some awareness...but your SA is also a good resource to confirm your expectations and timelines. Good luck!

Hope so keep your fingers crossed.
My story is a little different. I actually got my link by the time I got home from putting in my order for the dealer. Put in the order 10/10/2020 and lock in date is today and delivery is 1/1/21.. As soon as I got home it ws in my spam box although interestingly before checking spam I had gone to "My Porsche" and it was already sitting there with a list of the boxster I had just pretraded (live in NJ and so tax advantage to trade in at same dealer and with Covid lack of cars the offer they gave me was $1000 higher than the offer they gave me 12 months ago and 12000 miles less on the dial) and so perhaps already having a My Porsche account made it easier. Whether it is accurate, time will tell but each day I have logged in to see the count down clock to build lock and it seems to be working and accurate (early days).

Point being I would try and press PNA or SA to get the link sent as clearly it can be done as soon as the order is placed.
JAB12 (10-21-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 08:48 PM
Wilsontour
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 30 Posts

Hello everyone! Newcomer here. Ordered my first 911 Base model on 10/15 at my local dealer. SA told me he had an allocation and put the order in with my build code. The car is expected to come in at the end of December and scheduled a delivery date on 1/2/2021. However I still haven't got the "Track Your Dream" link email from Porsche NA so far. Could someone tell me what the average days the TYD link email was received by you after the order was put in? Really appreciate your input here!
Ok, just share some updates after I called Porsche USA Customer Relations consultant this afternoon:
I called in and she asked my email, which is also My Porsche ID, and she could see my order under my name. However it is not showing in My Vehicle when I log into my account there. Still showing my old Cayenne. She told me the Cayenne has become inactive in her system and instead it showing the 992 Carrera now. She asked me my commission number, which I don't have. She said she could try to look up for me, and she found it! She told me she could look up in another system, and my vehicle status is V250 now, which I don't know what it means, LOL. And she also told me some dates like 11/20 Emden, and 12/18 at Port Houston. She is a very nice lady and I really appreciate her help. I am pretty happy now although I still not receiving the TYD email link so far.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:20 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts
Default 992 Turbo S build completion delayed

My 992 TurboS locked 9/15 with estimated build dates of 10/9-10/16, was then revised to start build 10/7. On 10/21, thé estimated build completion date was changed from 10/16 to 10/30. On 10/22, thé estimated completion date was changed to 11/6.

Last edited by peterdouglas; 10-22-2020 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:43 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,257 Posts

She told me she could look up in another system, and my vehicle status is V250 now, which I don't know what it means, LOL.
V250 means that the build design has been locked in Porsche's system. The next step is that the car will be built.

Your dealer can and should be able to provide you with a pdf print of a page that looks like this. It is far more detailed than TYD provides, but there's nothing secret about it and no reason your dealer can't print and/or email you a copy.
Attached Images  
Wilsontour (10-22-2020)
Old 10-22-2020, 12:52 AM
Wilsontour
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
V250 means that the build design has been locked in Porsche's system. The next step is that the car will be built.

Your dealer can and should be able to provide you with a pdf print of a page that looks like this. It is far more detailed than TYD provides, but there's nothing secret about it and no reason your dealer can't print and/or email you a copy.
Thanks for the info. I will call my SA tomorrow and ask for it.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:24 PM
melbay
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

TYD had my production starting 10/21. Today TYD is updated and says Production Complete. Who Knows? Hope they have some photos.

Last edited by melbay; 10-23-2020 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:40 AM
dribar
Racer

Received 202 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by melbay
TYD had my production starting 10/21. Today TYD is updated and says Production Complete. Who Knows? Hope they have some photos.
You’ve got me checking TYD every few hours now My production started 10/21 also.... let me know when you see photos. Can’t wait.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:48 AM
melbay
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I guess the photos will just appear. No one on these forums has revealed how to find them.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:27 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by melbay
I guess the photos will just appear. No one on these forums has revealed how to find them.
Thats not true. Search for the “Track Your Dream” thread. That’s where they may or may not show up. Mine were there and was able to scrape them, but it seems not everybody was as lucky.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!