Sponsored by:

MSRP discount 992

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 03:15 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by ctdubl07
Heck, Im just surprised he found a dealer with little effort that has a 992 allocation! Maybe we should propose a thread with a finders fees for folks that kindly share this knowledge...
That's why it doesn't pass the smell test. Why would a dealer get rid of a 911 allocation and swap it for a 718 GTS 4 allocation? Dealers are not in the business of giving thousands of dollars away. If there was a prior relationship with the customer, then perhaps. My BS antennae are up!
Old 09-08-2021, 03:28 PM
Blainerunner
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Reply to Dan Nagy and Go Bruins.

It was my second new car from them. Also, I get my car serviced there exclusively. The financing of my first car five years ago required documents from my trust fund. Perhaps they assume I'll buy a million dollars worth of cars, when I get my inheritance (north of nine million).

I never service my car myself. They get all my service business. They also gave me a $2000 discount on the 4.0 build.

That dealership (Manhattan) sells to movie stars, Wall St titans, and professional athletes. That location sells Bugattis.

Also, they want to buy my 2016 981S MT. But they're low balling me. I plan to sell it myself, in late September. Perhaps they hoped I'd take their low offer out of gratitude. Any special allegiance they display toward me with regard to allocations doesn't seem to extend to trade in offers.

Last edited by Blainerunner; 09-08-2021 at 05:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Go Bruins (09-08-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 07:49 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,494 Likes on 2,822 Posts

Originally Posted by Go Bruins
That's why it doesn't pass the smell test. Why would a dealer get rid of a 911 allocation and swap it for a 718 GTS 4 allocation? Dealers are not in the business of giving thousands of dollars away. If there was a prior relationship with the customer, then perhaps. My BS antennae are up!
It does happen, especially if you are local and particularly if you have an established relationship with the dealer.

Quick Reply: MSRP discount 992