Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2024 | 12:12 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disden
what bothers me is that Porsche puts up the phony effort to act like they are working to prevent the broker market and flipping behavior. As I have said before, I was put on a no sell list by Porsche as a possible broker because I was buying a lot of cars. A friend of mine also ended up on that list and Porsche wouldn’t allow the dealer to sell him his 3RS that HE ordered when they found out. So it begs the question: why are actual brokers allowed to exist?!? Porsche knows who these people are, so why are they allowed to scam the system yet people like myself and others who are good customers have to jump through hoops to get removed from a nonsense list?

The same goes for this ridiculous lease that Porsche is requiring for my S/T. It’s a pure cash grab in the guise of “protecting the market from flippers”. complete BS, call it was it is, Porsches way of getting an ADM. why let only the dealers cash in, who honestly do absolutely nothing but check the computer to see when an allocation arrives, then ask $200k ADM.
Because dealers have to sell cars likes the 718 Cayman, or a base Panamera or Cayenne. Hard to move vehicles even in the best of times.

And, then, those same dealers have to put with people. Yes, people, in real life. Walking in, looking around, touching the merchandise and never buying anything.
The following users liked this post:
neoprufrok (03-16-2024)
Old 03-15-2024 | 12:12 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

what bothers me is that Porsche puts up the phony effort to act like they are working to prevent the broker market and flipping behavior. As I have said before, I was put on a no sell list by Porsche as a possible broker because I was buying a lot of cars. A friend of mine also ended up on that list and Porsche wouldn’t allow the dealer to sell him his 3RS that HE ordered when they found out. So it begs the question: why are actual brokers allowed to exist?!? Porsche knows who these people are, so why are they allowed to scam the system yet people like myself and others who are good customers have to jump through hoops to get removed from a nonsense list?

The same goes for this ridiculous lease that Porsche is requiring for my S/T. It’s a pure cash grab in the guise of “protecting the market from flippers”. complete BS, call it was it is, Porsches way of getting an ADM. why let only the dealers cash in, who honestly do absolutely nothing but check the computer to see when an allocation arrives, then ask $200k ADM.
I agree that Porsche is by no means innocent here. They clearly have an agenda to promote a perception of scarcity and thereby increase demand, and that gives them more latitude to increase MSRP and boost profits.

That said, in order to maintain long-term revenue and profits, the cars need to be driven and used up, and that won't happen if the cars are being bought by flippers and people who just want to show them off. If the supply of cars is increased and the cars depreciate more normally, the cars will be driven more, and that may increase the demand for the cars because the cars are being used up.

Of course, Porsche has thoroughly analyzed all of this and has better models than us lowly customers.
Old 03-15-2024 | 12:37 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Ferrari had a similar problem years ago. They resolved it by telling dealers not to add ADM on new vehicles and if they did, they lost allocations. Of course, dealers then required prospective buyers to buy used vehicles to get on the list for allocations. Ferrari is a much smaller manufacturer but if restricted to only counting Porsche GT vehicles, production numbers are similar to Ferrari numbers.

Finally, the ADM is a recent problem for Porsche in the US and hopefully, they will figure something out to resolve it. It is creating consternation and anger toward Porsche among its most loyal customers.
Old 03-15-2024 | 08:48 PM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by npalacio
I for one do not get worked up over ADM and think many here would be in that camp. What does make me want to vomit are people like our friend here who takes an ADM and inflates it even further to make a living and then acts like he is doing people a favor. If you can shell out 100K over for a GT car, you should be able to spare 15 minutes to email a few dealers who will gladly take that ADM and skip the scumbag in the middle.
It's every persons choice. No one is forcing them to use the broker. These are grown, successful men who choose to use a broker. And obviously people use the brokers or they wouldn't exist.

Old 03-15-2024 | 08:53 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Finlander
It's hilarious watching guys get so upset and emotional over it.
Not emotional here at all, I draw a line in the sand and I don't cross it so it's very simple for me.
Old 03-15-2024 | 08:56 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Let's not forget who the biggest flippers of all are....the 918 VIPs.
Old 03-16-2024 | 01:14 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nick
Ferrari had a similar problem years ago. They resolved it by telling dealers not to add ADM on new vehicles and if they did, they lost allocations. Of course, dealers then required prospective buyers to buy used vehicles to get on the list for allocations. Ferrari is a much smaller manufacturer but if restricted to only counting Porsche GT vehicles, production numbers are similar to Ferrari numbers.

Finally, the ADM is a recent problem for Porsche in the US and hopefully, they will figure something out to resolve it. It is creating consternation and anger toward Porsche among its most loyal customers.
You actually that that is a solution to the ADM problem?

LOL.

I would rather directly pay $$ for what I want then pay for something I don't want to get something that I actually do want.
Old 03-16-2024 | 11:30 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
You actually that that is a solution to the ADM problem?

LOL.

I would rather directly pay $$ for what I want then pay for something I don't want to get something that I actually do want.
It works for Ferrari. A Ferrari is a Ferrari. It may not be spe’ed the way you like but it’s still a Ferrari. My dealer confiscates all their RS allocations and configures each one loading them with options. How is that any different? FWIW, other manufacturers are or threatening to do the same involving their most sought vehicles.

Would you prefer Porsche do nothing?

Last edited by Nick; 03-16-2024 at 11:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
RG88 (03-16-2024)
Old 03-17-2024 | 10:36 AM
jabwind51
Rennlist Member

So are there still allocations unfilled for 2024? What is current markup? 75K?
Old 03-17-2024 | 10:45 AM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jabwind51
So are there still allocations unfilled for 2024? What is current markup? 75K?
The slots I’ve been offered have been 70-80k over
(813) 838-8758
Old 03-17-2024 | 11:30 AM
jabwind51
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bpeacock
Are they still producing or now onto the 992.2?
Old 03-17-2024 | 11:41 AM
RG88
Racer

When they get down to 50 over let me know so I can run over there with my checkbook
Old 03-17-2024 | 11:45 AM
jabwind51
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RG88
When they get down to 50 over let me know so I can run over there with my checkbook
Same lol. I would do a similar ADM to my 4RS. Ain’t happening though. Oh well.
Old 03-17-2024 | 11:46 AM
uniqueMR
Rennlist Member

For 3RS? Still producing in 2024..
Old 03-17-2024 | 11:52 AM
jabwind51
Rennlist Member

Well, someone give me one for say 25K and I’ll bite 🙃

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread