992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2024 | 04:28 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Boneguy
I agree here as well. I wish it had the carbon exterior parts, and like those other cars...let the owner deal with having to replace if destroyed. Carbon definitely looks better... And has other added benefits (hence selling a weissach pack). So go big or go home. PPF does exist. And when every other car company is putting carbon exterior bits, Porsche didn't have to act like they are doing us some sort of favor by saving us some future money IFFFF we happened to get a piece damaged.

I think the guy is an idiot too sure. But he also doesn't give a crap. And in a world where you have to be different to get views... His act makes sense.
Anyone who tracks their car knows a carbon front and rear diffuser is absolute trash. It’s a showpiece to sell to cars and coffee crowd that offers almost no function outside of a few pounds of weight saved, but is an insane 20-30k replacement cost when it gets damaged at the track which it will if you’re actually driving hard.

He has bought multiple Sennas at this point and his most recent one is in hopes to resell for a profit in a few years. He’s the definition of cars and coffee parade owner that has never touched a track before.

As for his money background, he’s had support from his family that kick started his real estate deals in the commercial sector and now that everyone is doing that, he focuses on flipping cars and selling a joke of a course for a few hundred dollars to smucks who are over extending themselves by trying to get an old Gallardo or R8.
The following 2 users liked this post by 7382929296:
C.J. Ichiban (03-12-2024), smarouli (03-14-2024)
Old 03-12-2024 | 04:37 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 7382929296
Anyone who tracks their car knows a carbon front and rear diffuser is absolute trash. It’s a showpiece to sell to cars and coffee crowd that offers almost no function outside of a few pounds of weight saved, but is an insane 20-30k replacement cost when it gets damaged at the track which it will if you’re actually driving hard.

He has bought multiple Sennas at this point and his most recent one is in hopes to resell for a profit in a few years. He’s the definition of cars and coffee parade owner that has never touched a track before.

As for his money background, he’s had support from his family that kick started his real estate deals in the commercial sector and now that everyone is doing that, he focuses on flipping cars and selling a joke of a course for a few hundred dollars to smucks who are over extending themselves by trying to get an old Gallardo or R8.
Well I for sure don’t track cars. But I’d also be willing to bet that a huge % of people that buy GT cars don't go to the track very often if at all. I would think if you were that serious about racing you would have one or two real race cars. But I could be wrong as my wife often tells me I am. Having said that a couple of guys I know go a few times a year and their cars are loaded out with carbon. One has a Lamborghini and one has a McLaren. Once again, I have no idea. Personally I absolutely love carbon fiber. I haven’t been to a cars and coffee though. Sounds like I should go to one.
The following 2 users liked this post by Patton250:
ADgts40 (03-12-2024), Nine_thousand (03-12-2024)
Old 03-12-2024 | 04:45 PM
npalacio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Patton250
Well I for sure don’t track cars. But I’d also be willing to bet that a huge % of people that buy GT cars don't go to the track very often if at all. I would think if you were that serious about racing you would have one or two real race cars. But I could be wrong as my wife often tells me I am. Having said that a couple of guys I know go a few times a year and their cars are loaded out with carbon. One has a Lamborghini and one has a McLaren. Once again, I have no idea. Personally I absolutely love carbon fiber. I haven’t been to a cars and coffee though. Sounds like I should go to one.
Problem with proper race cars is you need more infrastructure to operate them and lots more time and labor. I have a race car, it sits in the garage for that reason since life most times gets in the way. Where I can drive the GT3 to the track, thrash on it and drive it home and then take my wife to dinner in it.
The following 4 users liked this post by npalacio:
85Gold (03-13-2024), Bognar67 (03-13-2024), smiles11 (03-12-2024), usctrojanGT3 (03-12-2024)
Old 03-12-2024 | 04:57 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by npalacio
Problem with proper race cars is you need more infrastructure to operate them and lots more time and labor. I have a race car, it sits in the garage for that reason since life most times gets in the way. Where I can drive the GT3 to the track, thrash on it and drive it home and then take my wife to dinner in it.
I cannot see most women enjoying riding in a GT3. I barely enjoy riding in them. But at least my breasts won’t fall off going down a bumpy road and one. Lol.

They are remarkably beautiful cars and great for the track, but horrible for normal driving in my humble opinion. My wife likes my turbo s, but hated my friends GT3.

I get your point though. It makes total sense. Except the wife going to dinner in it part. :-)
The following users liked this post:
secondtimer (03-12-2024)
Old 03-12-2024 | 04:59 PM
npalacio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Patton250
I cannot see most women enjoying riding in a GT3. I barely enjoy riding in them. But at least my breasts won’t fall off going down a bumpy road and one. Lol.

They are remarkably beautiful cars and great for the track, but horrible for normal driving in my humble opinion. My wife likes my turbo s, but hated my friends GT3.

I get your point though. It makes total sense. Except the wife going to dinner in it part. :-)
My wife has no issues with it, once she is in. Getting in and out of it however..... that she does not love. Haha
usctrojanGT3 (03-12-2024)
Old 03-12-2024 | 05:58 PM
racerdj
Advanced

Default How to get my 7 minutes back

Like another post, how to reclaim the 7 minutes I lost this morning.
BTW, my wife likes riding in either of my GT 3's but really loves the TurboS
Old 03-12-2024 | 07:33 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Because most owners don't track their Porsche’s doesn't indicate they are “poseurs”. Rather they enjoy spirited driving in road situations that allow them to exercise their car and challenge their driving ability. It's as much fun if not more than tracking their car. Enjoyment is subjective. Some people get their rock off by beating their lap time by a couple of tenths of a second while others like carving a canyon road listening to their Porsche sing in a natural environment.
ADgts40 (03-12-2024)
Old 03-13-2024 | 04:34 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nick
Because most owners don't track their Porsche’s doesn't indicate they are “poseurs”. Rather they enjoy spirited driving in road situations that allow them to exercise their car and challenge their driving ability. It's as much fun if not more than tracking their car. Enjoyment is subjective. Some people get their rock off by beating their lap time by a couple of tenths of a second while others like carving a canyon road listening to their Porsche sing in a natural environment.
And some people like both the canyons and the track, one of the few reasons to get up early in the morning.
Old 03-13-2024 | 04:42 AM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

PDK was the real killer to GT3 cars. Before that, the people that bought them understood manual was the only option; and drive the car for a certain purpose (track and drives). Since PDK, it’s been downhill and a lot of different drivers…
Old 03-13-2024 | 09:16 AM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

PDK certainly opened up the GT market for Porsche. By design I presume. The cars have gotten larger and more compliant; more touring like when compared to a 996 or 997 GT car. Remember when GT cars used to sit in dealer showrooms unsold for a bit? Times change. Porsche knows what they are doing.
Old 03-13-2024 | 09:42 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by C2Spin
PDK certainly opened up the GT market for Porsche. By design I presume. The cars have gotten larger and more compliant; more touring like when compared to a 996 or 997 GT car. Remember when GT cars used to sit in dealer showrooms unsold for a bit? Times change. Porsche knows what they are doing.
The Manual only V10 Viper was produced for 30yrs. Suffered same fate, sat in showrooms and sold off slowly often at discount..... now worth more than msrp for even high miles. ACR-E double to triple the value. Very few actually appreciate a good manual car, especially with automatics being so damn good now.
Old 03-13-2024 | 02:48 PM
big_cheese
7th Gear

Is it against the rules to mention a dealer that has a new gt3 rs available? (On the ground not an allocation)
Old 03-13-2024 | 02:50 PM
mnawa
Pro

My GT3RS has arrived to a dealer in SoCal. I took delivery of a turbo s today and no longer taking delivery of the Gt3rs. It’s $150k adm and I would just put you in touch with my salesperson. It’s a high adm so I’m not doing anyone any favors but thought I would pass info along. It’s a black/black spec with weissach package and yellow stitching and accents in interior.
big_cheese (03-13-2024)
Old 03-13-2024 | 05:38 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by big_cheese
Is it against the rules to mention a dealer that has a new gt3 rs available? (On the ground not an allocation)
Not at all but just state the ADM.
big_cheese (03-13-2024)
Old 03-13-2024 | 06:33 PM
big_cheese
7th Gear

My local dealer in FL has a Shark Blue gt3rs with weissach package. They told me $175k ADM though lol. Figured I would still share since it’s at the dealer now and available.

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread