Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2024, 05:52 PM
Nick
Race Car

Received 196 Likes on 97 Posts

The main reason for the advent of ADM is flippers. I can understand dealers wanting part of the action. However, they are in part to blame as well. They could have been more vigilant in deciding who they sell to.
Old 03-15-2024, 01:42 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,752 Likes on 5,130 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
The main reason for the advent of ADM is flippers. I can understand dealers wanting part of the action. However, they are in part to blame as well. They could have been more vigilant in deciding who they sell to.
Like sex with a hooker, it takes two to tango.

If people aren't willing to pay an ADM, dealers wouldn't be able to offer them. And vice versa, of course.

So if you want to blame the flippers (or dealers or brokers), then you also have to blame the folks on the other end.

It's a victimless transaction.

Not sure why people get so worked up over ADMs.
Old 03-15-2024, 01:44 AM
Anthony dokic
Former Vendor

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit

If people aren't willing to pay an ADM, dealers wouldn't be able to offer them. And vice versa, of course.

So if you want to blame the flippers (or dealers or brokers), then you also have to blame the folks on the other end.

Probably the most funny yet intelligent comment I have ever seen on here.

It’s a two way street…always…

Old 03-15-2024, 01:45 AM
Anthony dokic
Former Vendor

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Also…

even if cars were only sold at sticker price, Porsche will still under produce and the same situation would occur. Not enough cars to go around, creating extreme frustration.
Old 03-15-2024, 02:58 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,029 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by npalacio
Its really not hard or time consuming to find a dealer within the US who is willing to sell you a GT car at over MSRP. Th scum that do this and then sell it for even more are not doing anyone a favor, they are just inflating the market even further.
Bingo! A broker marking up an ADM that a dealer provides NEGATIVE value to a market. Where a broker brings reak value is connecting a buyer who is looking for a seller with a specific car off market. The reason you have the brokers like our friend is because some people are lazy as fock and who can't make some time to make a few calls to known ADM dealers. If I'm willing to pay $100k-$150k over I'm sure I can lock up over a dozen GT3RSs right now.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:05 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
There's a difference between confidence and arrogance, and rudeness pretty much never helps in making sales. I've never met a successful salesperson who was arrogant and rude. If someone doesn't like you, they'll tend to not do business with you.
To be a good sales person in any field whether it be cars, homes, widgets, etc you have to have 2 things you have to establish TRUST & CONFIDENCE with your end customers. Confidence is great as is market knowledge but being arrogant and rude will get you nowhere fast.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:11 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nick
I don't blame the flippers so much as I do the YOLO impatient crowd that wants the new shiny toys yesterday to showoff on IG and/or C&C which explains why second market GT cars in Europe are significantly lower than they are in the US. As IPSE already stated, we have seen the enemy and it is US.
The following users liked this post:
nxfedlt1 (03-16-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 08:34 AM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 387 Likes on 146 Posts

It's hilarious watching guys get so upset and emotional over it.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:27 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,382 Likes on 2,493 Posts

ADM exists because enough people are willing to pay it - demand exceeding supply. But if demand falls for whatever reasons(s), prices can fall also.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:32 AM
npalacio
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony dokic
Also…

even if cars were only sold at sticker price, Porsche will still under produce and the same situation would occur. Not enough cars to go around, creating extreme frustration.
And you think you are the problem solver. You aren't.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:35 AM
npalacio
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Finlander
It's hilarious watching guys get so upset and emotional over it.
I for one do not get worked up over ADM and think many here would be in that camp. What does make me want to vomit are people like our friend here who takes an ADM and inflates it even further to make a living and then acts like he is doing people a favor. If you can shell out 100K over for a GT car, you should be able to spare 15 minutes to email a few dealers who will gladly take that ADM and skip the scumbag in the middle.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:45 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 590 Likes on 362 Posts

It's pretty pathetic forum admin allow dog piling and lashing out towards a site sponsor for doing exactly what he paid to do. As a business owner, it would discourage me from sponsoring or investing to an outlet that promoted such.

The brokers here are strong minded folks which has aided their abilities to make deals happen so they clearly they can handle their own. I just remember the days where forums were think tanks and problem solver outlets, not this nonsense. Must be a BMW/Porsche forum thing.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,382 Likes on 2,493 Posts

Originally Posted by npalacio
I for one do not get worked up over ADM and think many here would be in that camp. What does make me want to vomit are people like our friend here who takes an ADM and inflates it even further to make a living and then acts like he is doing people a favor. If you can shell out 100K over for a GT car, you should be able to spare 15 minutes to email a few dealers who will gladly take that ADM and skip the scumbag in the middle.
Not everyone wants to spend their time calling dealers, some people are really busy with their job or they just don't like calling dealers and dealing with them.

Someone isn't a 'scumbag' if they're providing a legally allowed service for which people are willing to pay.

If the role of brokers causes an increase in the average ADM because they're making the market more 'efficient', that means that the market was less efficient without brokers and ADM was artificially being kept low.

I don't like ADM and have never paid it, but I don't blame dealers, flippers, or brokers for it. It exists because demand exceeds supply and buyers of these cars are bidding up the prices.

Last edited by Manifold; 03-15-2024 at 11:37 AM.
Finlander (03-15-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 11:36 AM
ADgts40
Advanced

Received 72 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ADgts40
Picked up today at European Delivery in Stuttgart!

Making it’s way!

The following 3 users liked this post by ADgts40:
Mr Mojo Risin (03-16-2024), Nine_thousand (03-16-2024), npalacio (03-15-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 12:05 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,192 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Not everyone wants to spend their time calling dealers, some people are really busy with their job or they just don't like calling dealers and dealing with them.

Someone isn't a 'scumbag' if they're providing a legally allowed service for which people are willing to pay.

If the role of brokers causes an increase in the average ADM because they're making the market more 'efficient', that means that the market was less efficient without brokers and ADM was artificially being kept low.

I don't like ADM and have never paid it, but I don't blame dealers, flippers, or brokers for it. It exists because demand exceeds supply and buyers of these cars are bidding up the prices.
what bothers me is that Porsche puts up the phony effort to act like they are working to prevent the broker market and flipping behavior. As I have said before, I was put on a no sell list by Porsche as a possible broker because I was buying a lot of cars. A friend of mine also ended up on that list and Porsche wouldn’t allow the dealer to sell him his 3RS that HE ordered when they found out. So it begs the question: why are actual brokers allowed to exist?!? Porsche knows who these people are, so why are they allowed to scam the system yet people like myself and others who are good customers have to jump through hoops to get removed from a nonsense list?

The same goes for this ridiculous lease that Porsche is requiring for my S/T. It’s a pure cash grab in the guise of “protecting the market from flippers”. complete BS, call it was it is, Porsches way of getting an ADM. why let only the dealers cash in, who honestly do absolutely nothing but check the computer to see when an allocation arrives, then ask $200k ADM.
usctrojanGT3 (03-15-2024)

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread