Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ripping out the opf material

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 01:38 PM
ILL_SMO_Q
Racer

Received 227 Likes on 119 Posts

Looks like the 2022 TS version is a bit different. Maybe our OPF isn’t as accessible. Looks like our cat is easy to get at, but not our possible opf IF opf always comes after CAT.

EDIT: Found photos of both exhausts on line, definitely doesnt look like Turbo S's get that fake material added. Oh well.. no 'free' route to making the Turbo S LOUDER

Last edited by ILL_SMO_Q; 05-27-2022 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-27-2022, 04:37 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 712 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by ILL_SMO_Q
Looks like the 2022 TS version is a bit different. Maybe our OPF isn’t as accessible. Looks like our cat is easy to get at, but not our possible opf IF opf always comes after CAT.

EDIT: Found photos of both exhausts on line, definitely doesnt look like Turbo S's get that fake material added. Oh well.. no 'free' route to making the Turbo S LOUDER
get high flow cats, bmc filter and tune. Sounds like the apocalypse
Old 05-27-2022, 09:52 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 181 Posts

Adam’s car sounds fantastic with the material out. As stated above, though, will be a no-go on any sound-restricted US tracks.
Old 05-27-2022, 10:02 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,140 Posts

No CEL in my car
Old 05-27-2022, 10:27 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,725 Likes on 716 Posts

First thing I plan on doing
Old 05-27-2022, 10:58 PM
Rxpert
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by paradocs98
Adam’s car sounds fantastic with the material out. As stated above, though, will be a no-go on any sound-restricted US tracks.
Great to know! This mod is way cheaper than a new exhaust & I actually really like the stock sound.

I recently moved across the country and don’t know if the local track is sound restricted yet. I’ll wait to find out before smashing these out.
Old 05-29-2022, 06:42 PM
peeler
Advanced

Received 79 Likes on 22 Posts

Interested
Old 05-29-2022, 10:52 PM
n d
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 106 Posts

————

Last edited by n d; 05-30-2022 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-29-2022, 10:58 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by n d
I also heard that dundon is lying to there customers stating that the street headers package doesn’t need tune, supposedly that is false the car is always in a state that it’s about to throw check engine lights…

please don’t kill the Messenger I don’t know if this true or false only what I’ve been told!
For north america … it doesnt need a tune. The cel is certainly from the need to recalibrate the valves once swapped over. Which takes 30 sec with a piwis tool. They are also completely transparent about this.
would also be helpful if the cleaning ladies you heard from scanned their codes and said what the cel are. 99.999% its gonna be valve operation related, which is instantaneously fixable
for what its worth, nobody tests the system as hard as dundon. NOBODY. They have master porsche techs, all the porsche software, an in house dyno which they dyno’ed every single GT car pretty much ever under completely identical conditions, and a race driver to test on track.
also the hjs cats every other manufacturer use are 20 years old. The ones dundon use look like alien tech and are as good as oem if not better. Also comes with new porsche gaskets and mahle hardware its quite impressive
you get what u pay for

Last edited by Rennolazine; 05-29-2022 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-29-2022, 11:19 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 358 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by n d
I also heard that dundon is lying to there customers stating that the street headers package doesn’t need tune, supposedly that is false the car is always in a state that it’s about to throw check engine lights…

please don’t kill the Messenger I don’t know if this true or false only what I’ve been told!
Wow…. Big words to say we’re lying and your just the messenger, and have a competitors parts on your car. Seems convenient….

My personal car doesn’t need a tune, needs the valves calibrated.
Ray Morts car didn’t need a tune, just the valves calibrated.
Rennolazine’s car didn’t need a tune, just the valves calibrated

About 7 others both cat back and header systems no issues except needing the valves calibrated.

Canadian cars fine. Speedsters fine. Euro cars and other cars not fine, they need a tune. And we have them installed and tuned in Asia and Europe.

Any component be installed incorrectly and cause a CEL, sure. Leave your gas cap off and see what happens.

And this singular person is why I grow so so weary of Rennlist.

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
For north america … it doesnt need a tune. The cel is certainly from the need to recalibrate the valves once swapped over. Which takes 30 sec with a piwis tool. They are also completely transparent about this.
would also be helpful if the cleaning ladies you heard from scanned their codes and said what the cel are. 99.999% its gonna be valve operation related, which is instantaneously fixable
for what its worth, nobody tests the system as hard as dundon. NOBODY. They have master porsche techs, all the porsche software, an in house dyno which they dyno’ed every single GT car pretty much ever under completely identical conditions, and a race driver to test on track.
also the hjs cats every other manufacturer use are 20 years old. The ones dundon use look like alien tech and are as good as oem if not better. Also comes with new porsche gaskets and mahle hardware its quite impressive
you get what u pay for
Thanks Pete…

Last edited by Jamie@dundonmotorsports; 05-29-2022 at 11:25 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Jamie@dundonmotorsports:
Apex Ace (05-26-2023), icepenguin66 (12-22-2023), Rennolazine (05-29-2022), subshooter (05-30-2022)
Old 05-30-2022, 11:13 AM
n d
Pro

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Wow…. Big words to say we’re lying and your just the messenger, and have a competitors parts on your car. Seems convenient….

My personal car doesn’t need a tune, needs the valves calibrated.
Ray Morts car didn’t need a tune, just the valves calibrated.
Rennolazine’s car didn’t need a tune, just the valves calibrated

About 7 others both cat back and header systems no issues except needing the valves calibrated.

Canadian cars fine. Speedsters fine. Euro cars and other cars not fine, they need a tune. And we have them installed and tuned in Asia and Europe.

Any component be installed incorrectly and cause a CEL, sure. Leave your gas cap off and see what happens.

And this singular person is why I grow so so weary of Rennlist.

Thanks Pete…
i could care less about jcr or dundon I have no interest in your company success or failure.
I’m also glad you came on here to set the record straight! Now I have more confidence in removing the opf…. Thanks!

Last edited by n d; 05-30-2022 at 11:16 AM.
The following users liked this post:
alibo70 (05-30-2022)
Old 05-30-2022, 03:22 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

Wow Dundon is known for its engineering and high quality. While I joke about some hp claims, there is no doubt they are a top tier company with solid engineering. To trash them seems a bit childish and misinformed!
The following 3 users liked this post by rosenbergendo:
Apex Ace (05-26-2023), Rennolazine (05-30-2022), richardbf (05-27-2023)
Old 05-30-2022, 03:24 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by n d
i could care less about jcr or dundon I have no interest in your company success or failure.
I’m also glad you came on here to set the record straight! Now I have more confidence in removing the opf…. Thanks!
what record dude? 🤡
Old 05-30-2022, 03:56 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by n d

I’ve spent so much time hanging with Jamie and their enthusiasm and engineering prowess is second to none. He is one of the most honest guys I know in the aftermarket world. Charles Dundon and Jamie have built their company based on their reputation, Insanely good engineering and better than OEM manufacturing.

Dundon is generous and has contributed so much to Smokies GT’s charitable efforts. Far more than any other exhaust manufacturer.

If there is an issue, they will always make it right. I went back and forth shipping exhaust parts across the country until I arrived at the perfect setup for me on my 991.2.

Pisses me off that you have the nerve to dive in and smear one of the most credible companies out there on a public forum. Because you “heard something”.

Wishing you a series of terribly frustrating and impossible to diagnose CEL’s… you deserve every one of them.

Last edited by sgroer; 05-30-2022 at 03:58 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by sgroer:
Apex Ace (05-26-2023), Maxant13 (05-16-2023), richardbf (08-02-2022), rosenbergendo (05-30-2022)
Old 05-30-2022, 05:55 PM
n d
Pro

Originally Posted by sgroer
I’ve spent so much time hanging with Jamie and their enthusiasm and engineering prowess is second to none. He is one of the most honest guys I know in the aftermarket world. Charles Dundon and Jamie have built their company based on their reputation, Insanely good engineering and better than OEM manufacturing.

Dundon is generous and has contributed so much to Smokies GT’s charitable efforts. Far more than any other exhaust manufacturer.

If there is an issue, they will always make it right. I went back and forth shipping exhaust parts across the country until I arrived at the perfect setup for me on my 991.2.

Pisses me off that you have the nerve to dive in and smear one of the most credible companies out there on a public forum. Because you “heard something”.

Wishing you a series of terribly frustrating and impossible to diagnose CEL’s… you deserve every one of them.
like I said this is something I was told I felt like it was my obligation to say something.I’m glad dundon came on here and explained.
technically it’s not plug and play if it need the valves recalibrated.

Last edited by n d; 05-30-2022 at 06:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Ripping out the opf material