Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2022 | 03:09 PM
CPS992
Racer

Originally Posted by 993TurboS
I guess I'll need to get a bigger garage if the stock market falls 30 percent.
Yeah, you'll definitely be the last rich guy left.
The following 5 users liked this post by CPS992:
AlexCeres (04-23-2022), Diablo Dude (04-23-2022), G.Irish (04-25-2022), PTS (04-23-2022), WCGhost (04-28-2022)
Old 04-23-2022 | 03:26 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
tl;dr: rich people don’t do finance like you.

the cost of converting assets into cash is paying taxes, which can run over 45%. The cost of loans is under 2%. Brokerage is very extremely happy to earn interest to help rich people avoid taxes in many different ways. Cash is for paying bills, not holding.
As usual, blanket statements can be well too broad

We’ve used portfolio financing for some things, but people still do get paid in cash and/or have 10b5 trading plans that result in cash in accounts. It’s fine to have some cash (although high inflation and interest now means less of that) on hand to pay bills.

Let’s not make this more mysterious than it really is.
The following users liked this post:
Joe Cho (04-23-2022)
Old 04-23-2022 | 03:43 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Originally Posted by Frank Underwood
Can we get back to talking about adm please. Don’t let Porsche off the hook!

Is anyone else considering a 296 gtb? Anyone have intel on prices, options or the allocation process there?

at that level of adm there’s a lot of compelling options elsewhere
you should probably call your local Ferrari dealer and see what they say …. Allocation decisions /adm/timing , etc is at the dealer level .

in terms of getting back on topic …. Adm by dealer is way too broad …. It has to be broken down much further ;

adm categories
1) never bought a car from an out of area dealer
2) never bought a car from in area dealer
3) bought cars at discount from a local dealer and how many of them and trade ins
4) bought cars at full price from local dealer and how many of them and trade ins
5) adm with getting earlier cars vs later cars and a combination of 1 to 4 above
6) adm if buying an allocation from a vip client through dealer
7) other purchases from the dealer group
AlexCeres (04-23-2022)
Old 04-23-2022 | 04:09 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Is anyone else considering a 296 gtb? Anyone have intel on prices, options or the allocation process there?

there are. A lot of fantastic alternatives. Different, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. A lot of the Ferrari models are sold out. The 812s and F8. Given the lack of availability of new supercars in general, I expect a long wait on a 296 and the recently announced gts variant to sell out quickly (as the 812 gts did). I was told (take with salt) the options are pretty expensive (eg typical Ferrari). If you’re new to Ferrari, you should chat with your dealer soon. fchat is probably a better place to get allocation advice. Your dealer might suggest you enjoy another Ferrari they conveniently have for sale while waiting for your 296 build slot. The suggestion might not be optional. If you wanted a 296, I don’t know why you wouldn’t go for the gts spider. So I expect that to be tougher for new customers. Ymmv.

There’s also the Artura and Lambo’s new STO variant.
Freddie Two Bs (04-25-2022)
Old 04-23-2022 | 05:05 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

I have purchased 12 Porsche's in 20 years. Today I own a 991.2 GT3RS. My dealer under new management has informed me that the new 992 GT3 RS will require me to pay an ADM which they expect to be in six figures. My response was "why would I pay more than what Porsche states the car is worth?" I plan to keep my RS and look at other brands when I replace my RR (owned by the same company).

Regarding Ferrari, I also have owned several and my advice is if you are desperate to buy a Ferrari, play the game and allow them to sell you a used Ferrari in their inventory. Once you're in the club, you're treated as a "client" and the benefits that come with it. I enjoyed receiving a call when a new model was introduced and asked whether I wanted one. If you don't play the game they'll take your name and flush it after you leave.

My advice to anyone looking to buy now is DON"T, the supercar market will correct itself. Be patient and you'll be rewarded.
The following 9 users liked this post by Nick:
AlexCeres (04-23-2022), Bucketlistx911 (04-24-2022), carcommander (04-24-2022), chance6 (04-24-2022), Diablo Dude (04-23-2022), Gh0st0 (04-23-2022), PiB993 (04-23-2022), Turbo Racer (04-24-2022), usctrojanGT3 (04-24-2022) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-23-2022 | 07:02 PM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Stop me if I am just rehashing earlier discussion but from what I hear McLaren, Chevrolet and others have squashed ADM's as well as black listed buyers who flipped their cars. bayareanady has said such things on insta are true regarding McLaren. Lamborghini too has emphasized using msrp - though that may not always be the case, it was for me which I appreciate. And is precisely why I didn't buy a Porsche. The demand is quite a bit higher for Porsche I will admit but I sure wish the ADM's would stop. Maybe I can trade my STO for a highly specced GT4RS in a few years
Old 04-23-2022 | 09:32 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PiB993
Stop me if I am just rehashing earlier discussion but from what I hear McLaren, Chevrolet and others have squashed ADM's as well as black listed buyers who flipped their cars. bayareanady has said such things on insta are true regarding McLaren. Lamborghini too has emphasized using msrp - though that may not always be the case, it was for me which I appreciate. And is precisely why I didn't buy a Porsche. The demand is quite a bit higher for Porsche I will admit but I sure wish the ADM's would stop. Maybe I can trade my STO for a highly specced GT4RS in a few years
All the marques have adm in different ways depending on the supply & demand of a particular model. Porsche and Ferrari take opposite approaches. Most other marques are more like Ferrari than not, just, their supply/demand ratio tends to be less skewed than Ferrari. Ferrari knows it’s loyal customers will basically buy out the entire production run of anything. McLaren won’t charge you adm on a non-limited production car, but trying to get a 765LT allocation (back when those were available) is another story altogether. Like Ferrari, most allocations go to vips. The extremely special cars are sold out before announce.

It is what it is.
Old 04-23-2022 | 09:38 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

All the marques have adm in different ways depending on the supply & demand of a particular model. Porsche and Ferrari take opposite approaches. Most other marques are more like Ferrari than not, just, their supply/demand ratio tends to be less skewed than Ferrari. Ferrari knows it’s loyal customers will basically buy out the entire production run of anything. McLaren won’t charge you adm on a non-limited production car, but trying to get a 765LT allocation (back when those were available) is another story altogether. Like Ferrari, most allocations go to vips. The extremely special cars are sold out before announce.

It is what it is.

I can’t speak for all Mclaren dealers- my 765 Spider (incoming) is at msrp. Buyers for the 765 spider were hand picked by the dealer and had to be approved by mclaren. No ADM there.
Old 04-23-2022 | 09:55 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

I’ve owned only one regular 911 and never paid ADM:
2013 911S
2015 GT3
2016 GT3RS
2016 Boxter Spyder
2019 GT3RS
2019 Speedster

Don’t knock anyone that does, some of the cars I got 1 year after release post hype. Have no problem not being the new kid on the block.
Old 04-24-2022 | 07:39 AM
LexVan
Banned

I did 320 miles of backroads yesterday in south central Wisconsin with farmers, Amish, and dairy cow. Car's amazing. And now filthy. Even the Amish guy gave me a thumbs up. Rinse & repeat.
The following 2 users liked this post by LexVan:
Freddie Two Bs (04-25-2022), lfish (04-24-2022)
Old 04-24-2022 | 03:52 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
I can’t speak for all Mclaren dealers- my 765 Spider (incoming) is at msrp. Buyers for the 765 spider were hand picked by the dealer and had to be approved by mclaren. No ADM there.
that’s the adm. you bought previously from them, or the dealer had another motivation for picking you instead of a dozen other people. A rando unknown did NOT walk in and get a 765LT spider allocation. People either paid their dues (like Ferrari) or the dealer had a self interest in it (like serving regular track day customers)
neoprufrok (05-02-2022)
Old 04-24-2022 | 05:52 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

that’s the adm. you bought previously from them, or the dealer had another motivation for picking you instead of a dozen other people. A rando unknown did NOT walk in and get a 765LT spider allocation. People either paid their dues (like Ferrari) or the dealer had a self interest in it (like serving regular track day customers)
This is my second Mclaren from the dealership. Not sure what motivation they had but I like them and they like me. What I meant by no ADM is I did not pay above msrp for the car.
Old 04-25-2022 | 04:37 PM
Daviderx
Cruisin'

Ferrari 296 GTB is now sold out. I spec’d mine in Jan 2022 for potential delivery fall 2023. Some dealers have now stopped taking 296 GTS orders as well even though it has only been available for a few weeks. FWIW SF90 and SF90 spyder sold out. Rumor is no more Roma allocations. Do not turn negative on Porsche so fast. Overwhelming demand in an era of supply chain challenges

Last edited by Daviderx; 04-25-2022 at 04:39 PM.
AlexCeres (04-27-2022)
Old 04-28-2022 | 04:33 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yesyoucan
you should probably call your local Ferrari dealer and see what they say …. Allocation decisions /adm/timing , etc is at the dealer level .

in terms of getting back on topic …. Adm by dealer is way too broad …. It has to be broken down much further ;

adm categories
1) never bought a car from an out of area dealer
2) never bought a car from in area dealer
3) bought cars at discount from a local dealer and how many of them and trade ins
4) bought cars at full price from local dealer and how many of them and trade ins
5) adm with getting earlier cars vs later cars and a combination of 1 to 4 above
6) adm if buying an allocation from a vip client through dealer
7) other purchases from the dealer group
I decided to try a different brand at the worst possible time (now). I'm #2 and #5 on your list. I decided to get a Huracan Technica. $35K ADM - but I'm getting one of the early builds. Have a very good friend who is a VIP at the dealership. Wouldn't have gotten one, ADM or not, if that wasn't the case.

I didn't pay an ADM on my TTS or my Touring. In my mathematically twisted mind I still believe I'm way ahead because of the law of averages, but I know that's flawed logic.

Last edited by Dr. G; 04-28-2022 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-28-2022 | 04:39 PM
G.Irish
Racer

Originally Posted by Dr. G
I decided to try a different brand at the worst possible time (now). I'm #2 and #5 on your list. I decided to get a Huracan Technica. $35K ADM - but I'm getting one of the early builds. Have a very good friend who is a VIP at the dealership. Wouldn't have gotten one, ADM or not, if that wasn't the case.

I didn't pay an ADM on my TTS or my Touring. In my mathematically twisted mind I still believe I'm way ahead because of the law of averages, but I know that's flawed logic.
Whats the base price on the Huracan Technica? I've seen a somewhat wide range mentioned.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM