Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2023, 05:20 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,281 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
That's right and Texas BBQ being the best BBQ!
Right.
Because we all know how rare it is to come across Texas BBQ in TEXAS.

Old 11-25-2023, 07:27 PM
Joe mac
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
bro you have to chill out. If u must know I have received $0 from my family outside they paid for my college

I only come here to give sound advice instead of the lemming ADM is forever bogus mentality. This forum is my guilty pleasure when I need a break lol

Couple of points for you,

1. Not your bro
2. I am not an ADM victim so your daily or weekly attacks on those who paid it and who will suffer when your predictions come true are just pedestrian at best and make you sound like an entitled millenial brat
3. Your constant predictions on the obvious depreciation coming for those who paid ADM is not "sound advice" as you say; it really just makes you sound like you are the type of slings red paint on luxury
4. We are all here as a partial guilty pleasure (****, my wife and I watch Hallmark Xmas movies); but it is supposed to be pleasure and you try hacking people down which is sadly a part of our daily lives these days - we come here to get away from it; not hear you and others hurling bombs predicting the demise of those who decided to pay more than you think is warranted for a car...it really is you who needs to chill and just give some of us a break from the monotony of your tone and obvious slant.

Last edited by Joe mac; 11-25-2023 at 07:28 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Joe mac:
AlexCeres (11-26-2023), EXFIB (11-26-2023), JAB12 (11-26-2023), PTS (11-25-2023), Randy M (11-25-2023), shrimp money (11-25-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-25-2023, 08:15 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,074 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Right.
Because we all know how rare it is to come across Texas BBQ in TEXAS.
No because CA BBQ sucks compared to Texas BBQ.
The following 2 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
DodoBrd (11-25-2023), PTS (11-25-2023)
Old 11-25-2023, 09:16 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 939 Likes on 456 Posts

No because CA BBQ sucks compared to Texas BBQ.
if there’s no place to get Texas bbq in CA then I hear a biz opportunity! There’s gotta be some good bbq out west

just call it tofurkeyQ
The following users liked this post:
usctrojanGT3 (11-25-2023)
Old 11-25-2023, 09:32 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
if there’s no place to get Texas bbq in CA then I hear a biz opportunity! There’s gotta be some good bbq out west

just call it tofurkeyQ
The problem is that the cows in CA are too liberal and who knows how long before CA bans smokers as they already going to ban gas ranges/cooktops for new homes.
Old 11-25-2023, 09:47 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 939 Likes on 456 Posts

The problem is that the cows in CA are too liberal and who knows how long before CA bans smokers as they already going to ban gas ranges/cooktops for new homes.
so used home prices going up?
usctrojanGT3 (11-25-2023)
Old 11-25-2023, 09:51 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
so used home prices going up?
In my area, yes.
Old 11-25-2023, 11:53 PM
MontBlanc911
Pro

Received 319 Likes on 160 Posts

Coming back to the origin of thread,,,
what’s the general adm on a gt3 these days?
East coast.
Old 11-26-2023, 12:16 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by MontBlanc911
Coming back to the origin of thread,,,
what’s the general adm on a gt3 these days?
East coast.
Allocations seem to be pretty much done.
Old 11-26-2023, 12:52 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,039 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
I co-founded the internet. You're welcome
I’m beginning to think that may have been a mistake ….
Old 11-26-2023, 01:13 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,039 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
I like to hear his perspective, even if I don’t agree with his analysis and predictions. We’re all just here shooting the breeze, like a virtual C&C, serious business isn’t generally done on RL.
he has no analysis. He’s basically a perma-bear and that has worked out as well in the car market for the last 15 years as it has anywhere else, which is to say not at all. His predictions are bankrupt because he’s just stuck at that same always down spot. Someday he’ll be right, briefly. I expect he’ll crow to the high heavens about the amazing genius of his stopped clock correctness.
PTS (11-26-2023)
Old 11-26-2023, 01:52 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

I got a call from a salesman at a porsche dealer offering me a 911 GT3 2024 allocation. They wanted $40,000 over msrp and I had to buy a GT3 custom ordered watch with the vin number engraved - Just around $10,000. A watch is better than handing the dealer another $10,000. I had never formally asked for a GT3 allocation but the salesman has become a friend over the last three plus years and I had bought a new 992 Targa 4 and a New 2022 GTS Boxster from him. And the allocation locked the next day so I had literally around four hours to give him a build code. So I built a configuration in the Lowe’s parking lot and emailed it to him and the next morning I wired a $10,000 deposit and sure enough the build locked. He claimed it was a sudden allocation gift from Porsche but it could have been from a last minute cancellation. This dealer does not get a lot of demand for GT cars so I suspect they didn’t want to sell it from the showroom floor. This allocation was offered in Late June 2023. So from beginning to delivery of the car took only four months.

total MSRP was $199,800 - not including tax and registration. The prices on a 2024 has increased around 10%.

The car arrived at PECLA around a month ago now.

Did I pay too much? Time will tell- or at my age of 71abd undergoing quad bypass two years ago I might never find out what I could sell it for actually. So the ADM is likely to be rather mute.

I paid cash so I can sell it anytime downstream without any worry about having an equity value below my loan value.

If I sell the car at msrp someday and lose $40,000 - I really don’t. Won’t change my lifestyle any and my kids can inherit cars rather than cash.

I have heard some guys say a dealer sold them a GT3 on an allocation but not sure how truthful that is really.

In June of 2023 I believe the fair market value was just around $240,000.

the other two cars noted above were sold to me at MSRP and he told me any future non- special edition car I wanted they would sell at msrp. Luck me.

seems like 2024 GT allocations have been rather scarce.

Seems like the 2022 low mileage cars are selling on BAT in the mid-$220,000
range lately. Dealers are able to get more for this car from their showroom floor - more likely $250,000 to $260,000. BAT prices are discounted as the buyer does not get to see the car before buying and there exists some risk of wiring off a quarter of a million dollars to a stranger and hoping you get a clean title. Often the seller wants to pay off his loan and this can delay the transfer for a month or more. And don’t forget the buyer is paying thousands of additional dollars as a fee to BAT.

I tend to trade my cars into dealers for an allocation and I believe at least today I could trade in the car for around my $240,000 cost - and this would also save me paying another 10% sales tax on the new car which recovers my sales tax and registration costs. Maybe.

My friends take expensive cruise vacations that cost them $40,000 or more and that money is gone forever in several weeks time.

The GT3 is in my garage and I am enjoying just looking at it under a cover everyday and if I end up selling it to one of you guys at MSRP in a couple years - it will have been worth the cost to me. At 71 - waiting for the GT3 992 to be available at MSRP is costly as well and I would have had to buy a “used” car that could easily have been abused even if the mileage was low and that car would have unseen scars that might not know about for years.

What you have paid for the love of your life to have been a virgin on your wedding day?? To not have had some other guys sweaty hands gripping her - sweating on her on a track being asked to do another man’s bidding? $40,000 seems a cheap price for that peace of mind and she is two year’s younger and a virgin too.

At 71 - I likely would never have a chance to be a beauty like this one’s very first to listen to her scream at 9,000 rpm for the very first time…. A cheap price to pay for this one last time at my age.
The following 10 users liked this post by Targa32:
AlexCeres (11-26-2023), brucewinter (11-26-2023), IRunalot (11-26-2023), JAB12 (11-26-2023), Jkb545 (11-26-2023), neoprufrok (11-26-2023), RealityGT (11-26-2023), robmypro (11-26-2023), shrimp money (11-26-2023), wageslave (11-26-2023) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-26-2023, 09:56 AM
Joe mac
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 64 Posts

Glad you are happy and can apply personal persepctive to the ADM you paid. We all buy these cars knowing there's depreciation (other than the few hanging onto hope that this market lasts forever), so it is not simply a math equation - like you said, there is what i call "personal logic", which is not applying much logic at all

By the way, you speak of 71 like you are dying next year. Lets go pal! 30 years to go! At 55 years old here, I am planning for another 50 years and doing what I can to make that happen - dont sell yourself short!
The following 2 users liked this post by Joe mac:
IRunalot (11-26-2023), JAB12 (11-26-2023)
Old 11-26-2023, 10:14 AM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
I got a call from a salesman at a porsche dealer offering me a 911 GT3 2024 allocation. They wanted $40,000 over msrp and I had to buy a GT3 custom ordered watch with the vin number engraved - Just around $10,000. A watch is better than handing the dealer another $10,000. I had never formally asked for a GT3 allocation but the salesman has become a friend over the last three plus years and I had bought a new 992 Targa 4 and a New 2022 GTS Boxster from him. And the allocation locked the next day so I had literally around four hours to give him a build code. So I built a configuration in the Lowe’s parking lot and emailed it to him and the next morning I wired a $10,000 deposit and sure enough the build locked. He claimed it was a sudden allocation gift from Porsche but it could have been from a last minute cancellation. This dealer does not get a lot of demand for GT cars so I suspect they didn’t want to sell it from the showroom floor. This allocation was offered in Late June 2023. So from beginning to delivery of the car took only four months.

total MSRP was $199,800 - not including tax and registration. The prices on a 2024 has increased around 10%.

Did I pay too much? Time will tell- or at my age of 71abd undergoing quad bypass two years ago I might never find out what I could sell it for actually. So the ADM is likely to be rather mute.

I paid cash so I can sell it anytime downstream without any worry about having an equity value below my loan value.

If I sell the car at msrp someday and lose $40,000 - I really don’t. Won’t change my lifestyle any and my kids can inherit cars rather than cash.

I have heard some guys say a dealer sold them a GT3 on an allocation but not sure how truthful that is really.

the other two cars noted above were sold to me at MSRP and he told me any future non- special edition car I wanted they would sell at msrp. Luck me.

I didn't even know they were still being handed out - enjoy the car, definitely one of those situations where waiting a year to maybe - maybe - pay 20k less for a used car that you didn't get to spec doesn't seem to make sense
Old 11-26-2023, 10:54 AM
FormulaOneAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
I got a call from a salesman at a porsche dealer offering me a 911 GT3 2024 allocation.
They wanted $40,000 over msrp and I had to buy a GT3 custom ordered watch with the vin number engraved - Just around $10,000.
A watch is better than handing the dealer another $10,000.
I had never formally asked for a GT3 allocation but the salesman has become a friend over the last three plus years and I had bought a new 992 Targa 4 and a New 2022 GTS Boxster from him.
And the allocation locked the next day so I had literally around four hours to give him a build code.
So I built a configuration in the Lowe’s parking lot and emailed it to him and the next morning I wired a $10,000 deposit and sure enough the build locked.
He claimed it was a sudden allocation gift from Porsche but it could have been from a last minute cancellation.
This dealer does not get a lot of demand for GT cars so I suspect they didn’t want to sell it from the showroom floor.
This allocation was offered in Late June 2023.
So from beginning to delivery of the car took only four months.
total MSRP was $199,800 - not including tax and registration.
The prices on a 2024 has increased around 10%.
Did I pay too much? Time will tell- or at my age of 71 abd undergoing quad bypass two years ago I might never find out what I could sell it for actually.
So the ADM is likely to be rather mute.
If I sell the car at msrp someday and lose $40,000 - I really don’t.
Won’t change my lifestyle any and my kids can inherit cars rather than cash.
Seems like the 2022 low mileage cars are selling on BAT in the mid-$220,000 range lately.
Dealers are able to get more for this car from their showroom floor - more likely $250,000 to $260,000.
BAT prices are discounted as the buyer does not get to see the car before buying and there exists some risk of wiring off a quarter of a million dollars to a stranger and hoping you get a clean title.
Often the seller wants to pay off his loan and this can delay the transfer for a month or more.
And don’t forget the buyer is paying thousands of additional dollars as a fee to BAT.
I tend to trade my cars into dealers for an allocation and I believe at least today I could trade in the car for around my $240,000 cost.
And this would also save me paying another 10% sales tax on the new car which recovers my sales tax and registration costs. Maybe.
My friends take expensive cruise vacations that cost them $40,000 or more and that money is gone forever in several weeks time.
The GT3 is in my garage and I am enjoying just looking at it under a cover everyday and if I end up selling it to one of you guys at MSRP in a couple years - it will have been worth the cost to me.
At 71 - waiting for the GT3 992 to be available at MSRP is costly as well and I would have had to buy a “used” car that could easily have been abused even if the mileage was low and that car would have unseen scars that might not know about for years.
What you have paid for the love of your life to have been a virgin on your wedding day?? To not have had some other guys sweaty hands gripping her.
Sweating on her on a track being asked to do another man’s bidding? $40,000 seems a cheap price for that peace of mind and she is two year’s younger and a virgin too.
At 71 - I likely would never have a chance to be a beauty like this one’s very first to listen to her scream at 9,000 rpm for the very first time.
A cheap price to pay for this one last time at my age.
Appreciate the perspective you offer. I'm a young man in my 60s so often reflect when I come across these thought-provoking posts. Thanks for sharing.
Joe mac (11-26-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM