Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's see your 992 GT3 Configuration

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 12:52 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,363 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Here’s my configuration. Seen a 911R and a GT3 Touring with the same color combo and I like it.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNC5D618
Old 04-09-2021, 12:55 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 779 Likes on 344 Posts

My allocation will be a touring but if I were spec'ing a track car (and kinda wish I was) this would be it.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKTJYL2
Old 04-09-2021, 01:11 AM
lockie
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasPorschelover
My allocation will be a touring but if I were spec'ing a track car (and kinda wish I was) this would be it.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKTJYL2
Nice...just wondering why you would not have the Sport Chrono.....I'm on the fence about it. My mechanic indicated there is a small performance gain that opens up.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:24 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by lockie
Nice...just wondering why you would not have the Sport Chrono.....I'm on the fence about it. My mechanic indicated there is a small performance gain that opens up.
I suppose I would get it but your mechanic is wrong. Its just a fancy timer - zero impact on performance. I never use it.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:45 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

I think the neodyme color for wheels and matching aurum motorsports accents make my 991.2 with silver wheels seem absolutely pedestrian. If you try virtually ANY color on the pallet with neodyme, it looks much more finished/sophisticated compared to silver, black or dark grey - at least to me. The one that amazes me is yellow and neodyme. You would think it wouldn't work but look at it and then try the other wheel colors. I think having the option for black calipers for steel rotors or PCCB's is awesome too because it suits the neodyme so much better - less busy. I went through every paint color paired with neodyme and liked all of them better than the other combos. Check out polar silver or chalk with neodyme and the aurum porsche accent. Then compare to silver, black etc. I think its winner but of course this all personal taste. Glad Porsche put up another option for us on this 992.

Last edited by TexasPorschelover; 04-09-2021 at 01:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
michaeldorian (09-03-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 01:47 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

I think the neodyme color for wheels and matching aurum motorsports accents make my 991.2 with silver wheels seem absolutely pedestrian. If you try virtually ANY color on the pallet with neodyme, it looks much more finished/sophisticated compared to silver, black or dark grey - at least to me. The one that amazes me is yellow and neodyme. You would think it wouldn't work but it look at it and then try the other wheel colors. I think having the option for black calipers for steel rotors or PCCB's is awesome too because it suits the neodyme so much better - less busy. I went through every paint color paired with neodyme and liked all of them better than the other combos. Check out polar silver or chalk with neodyme and the aurum porsche accent. Then compare to silver, black etc. I think its winner but of course this all personal taste. Glad Porsche put up another option for us on this 992.
I haven't been able to find a close up of the new wheel in the neodyme finish. Would be great to find a comparison with all of the options, past aurum finish as well.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:59 AM
George P.
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidGT
Here’s my configuration. Seen a 911R and a GT3 Touring with the same color combo and I like it.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNC5D618
Why the extended dashboard leather but not the door handles?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNSRUP69 My current submitted build. Still thinking about adding the PDLS+, maybe carbon fiber roof..

Last edited by George P.; 04-09-2021 at 09:02 AM.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:12 AM
NYCGT3
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by lockie
I’m also on the fence about it. I’m getting a Touring, so I think I can get away with not having it. Had I chosen a wingy, I would think it’s mandatory. If not for you, certainly for resale. Additionally, I do remember back in the day, the chrono package did offer some slight difference in performance. I was indecisive on it when I built my 997. Passed then..never missed it.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:29 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,193 Likes on 1,007 Posts

I suppose I would get it but your mechanic is wrong. Its just a fancy timer - zero impact on performance. I never use it.
I am not sure about the SC package in the GT3, but it is definitely a performance enhancer in the Carerra models. Most of the below is not applicable to the 992 GT3 though (I think) but some are..... I have SC in both of my cars and use it with every drive.

Dynamic engine mounts
Rev matching in sport and sport + (manual)
Improved throttle mapping - throttle response goes to "performance". Throttle mapping can be turned to sport with the "sport" button. Sport is the same sport as in cars with SC, thus lifting the idle revs. Rev limiter is the same in all modes. It's just softer in normal.

Sport Response Button (pdk)
Launch control (pdk)

Rev matching in sport or sport + (MT)
G-force meter
Clock with lap timer
Sport screen on PCM for lap analysis (and draws laps on PCM screen as you go around)
Ability to download performance data to your laptop
Upshift indicator in MFD
Mode dial on steering wheel which also adds I-mode
Relaxed point at which PSM kicks in (i.e. allows more yaw)
Increases idle speed
Opens additional symposer tube for better sound in compartment.
Changes RPM limiter to sport from normal.
Rear axles steering, PASM, PDCC, PTM and PTV go to sport mode (Sport mode for PTM and PTV doesn't exist in a RWD carrera with a MT)

Last edited by subshooter; 04-09-2021 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:16 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 759 Likes on 386 Posts

Here is my build I put in this week. http://www.porsche-code.com/PNVZ1535

Plan is to do some motorsport stripes or side stripes in black/shark blue after PPF.

Last edited by joejenie; 04-09-2021 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:18 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
Here is my build I put in this week. http://www.porsche-code.com/PNVZ1535

Plan is to do some motorsport stripes or side stripes in black/shark blue after PPF.
Interesting you mention side stripes. I like the stripes Texas Porsche Lover has. I notice on the configurator, the GT3 has shortened side stripes. Not a fan. On Suncoast’s GT3 section, they offer full length...
Old 04-09-2021, 03:28 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 322 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
I am not sure about the SC package in the GT3, but it is definitely a performance enhancer in the Carerra models. Most of the below is not applicable to the 992 GT3 though (I think) but some are..... I have SC in both of my cars and use it with every drive.

Dynamic engine mounts
Rev matching in sport and sport + (manual)
Improved throttle mapping - throttle response goes to "performance". Throttle mapping can be turned to sport with the "sport" button. Sport is the same sport as in cars with SC, thus lifting the idle revs. Rev limiter is the same in all modes. It's just softer in normal.

Sport Response Button (pdk)
Launch control (pdk)

Rev matching in sport or sport + (MT)
G-force meter
Clock with lap timer
Sport screen on PCM for lap analysis (and draws laps on PCM screen as you go around)
Ability to download performance data to your laptop
Upshift indicator in MFD
Mode dial on steering wheel which also adds I-mode
Relaxed point at which PSM kicks in (i.e. allows more yaw)
Increases idle speed
Opens additional symposer tube for better sound in compartment.
Changes RPM limiter to sport from normal.
Rear axles steering, PASM, PDCC, PTM and PTV go to sport mode (Sport mode for PTM and PTV doesn't exist in a RWD carrera with a MT)
I had a 991 4S with chrono and you are correct, but after trading that car for a 991.2 GT3 I have learned that on GT3 the chrono features are all standard. Checking the box for chrono timer is only getting you the chrono clock on the dash and the lap timer functions. All the performance equipment like dynamic engine mounts and additional tuning for sport modes are standard on GT3 whether you check the box for chrono clock or not.
The following 2 users liked this post by Johnny5Alive:
JohnnyF1ve (04-12-2021), NYCGT3 (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 04:27 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
I haven't been able to find a close up of the new wheel in the neodyme finish.
In case you missed these.. Way better than the copper tone of Aurum

The following 4 users liked this post by thigos:
Booth9999 (04-12-2021), chance6 (04-11-2021), hooperwp (05-14-2021), Randy M (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 04:29 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

Yeah I'm getting those...thanks
Old 04-09-2021, 07:23 PM
George P.
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by thigos
In case you missed these.. Way better than the copper tone of Aurum

Anyone know a way to render these wheels on PTS colors?
The following users liked this post:
Randy M (04-09-2021)

Quick Reply: Let's see your 992 GT3 Configuration