Sponsored by:

Let's see your 992 GT3 Configuration

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 11:06 PM
evanescent03
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasPorschelover
If you try virtually ANY color on the pallet with neodyme, it looks much more finished/sophisticated compared to silver, black or dark grey - at least to me.
I totally agree ... however, looking at the post above (#103) i could've sworn those were the dark silver ... the look is much more muted compared to the configurator. I was seriously considering putting the neodyme on a black or agate car to have an overall subtle care with just a small amount of flash.

I wish the dealerships would have a sample wheel with the different finishes on display ... maybe some places do but not the couple around me.

Old 04-10-2021, 01:34 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by thigos
In case you missed these.. Way better than the copper tone of Aurum

These wheels are neodyme... but the color is off compared to reality.
Old 04-10-2021, 04:16 AM
yojimbo007
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Going from 991.2 GT3 RS to 992 GT3
Got my allocation ... Sept build.. Nov Delivery.🤞🤞

https://rennlist.com/forums/992-gt3-...91-2-rs-2.html

You can find out more about the reason for change in below thread . 🍷🍷http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKEC244
The following users liked this post:
raymort (04-14-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 09:30 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 779 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
I am not sure about the SC package in the GT3, but it is definitely a performance enhancer in the Carerra models. Most of the below is not applicable to the 992 GT3 though (I think) but some are..... I have SC in both of my cars and use it with every drive.

Dynamic engine mounts
Rev matching in sport and sport + (manual)
Improved throttle mapping - throttle response goes to "performance". Throttle mapping can be turned to sport with the "sport" button. Sport is the same sport as in cars with SC, thus lifting the idle revs. Rev limiter is the same in all modes. It's just softer in normal.

Sport Response Button (pdk)
Launch control (pdk)

Rev matching in sport or sport + (MT)
G-force meter
Clock with lap timer
Sport screen on PCM for lap analysis (and draws laps on PCM screen as you go around)
Ability to download performance data to your laptop
Upshift indicator in MFD
Mode dial on steering wheel which also adds I-mode
Relaxed point at which PSM kicks in (i.e. allows more yaw)
Increases idle speed
Opens additional symposer tube for better sound in compartment.
Changes RPM limiter to sport from normal.
Rear axles steering, PASM, PDCC, PTM and PTV go to sport mode (Sport mode for PTM and PTV doesn't exist in a RWD carrera with a MT)
Interesting. I never knew that. Maybe I am wrong about Chrono. Need to look into that closer
Old 04-11-2021, 12:20 PM
mrracinstylez
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thinking a nice monochromatic look for this build.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNYM8W49ETY9D9PPNETY9D9NETY9D9PNETY9D9

Last edited by mrracinstylez; 04-11-2021 at 12:23 PM.
lockie (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 03:32 AM
JohnnyF1ve
Racer

Received 404 Likes on 165 Posts

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNCBWFQ8

OR

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNY5UFP9

I'm currently lost. I have 2-3 months to figure out which, but this is where I'm at currently. HELP! I'm thinking the gentian blue is super classic and beautiful, whereas the metallic black and neodyne wheels is more of a stealthy vibe or something...
Old 04-12-2021, 09:47 AM
evanescent03
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyF1ve
I'm thinking the gentian blue is super classic and beautiful, whereas the metallic black and neodyne wheels is more of a stealthy vibe or something...
I’m in a similar boat with color choices ... the neodymium wheels look much more bold and bright on the configurator but very muted/pale in the photos above on the PTS blue.

I’m considering a black with dark silver wheel for my stealth build since I don’t know what to expect from the neodyme. My original choice was GB with black wheels. Tough choice bc there are no perfect choices and only a couple totally wrong
choices.
JohnnyF1ve (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 10:05 AM
JohnnyF1ve
Racer

Originally Posted by evanescent03
I’m in a similar boat with color choices ... the neodymium wheels look much more bold and bright on the configurator but very muted/pale in the photos above on the PTS blue.

I’m considering a black with dark silver wheel for my stealth build since I don’t know what to expect from the neodyme. My original choice was GB with black wheels. Tough choice bc there are no perfect choices and only a couple totally wrong
choices.
I've been thinking the same thing about neodyme, not gold enough. It's a damn shame!

The gentian blue is the only color I feel has that old school flavor, as the darker and richer greens that we DO NOT get this generation. I personally think the green on the 992 GT3 should be called kermit, and I think it's absolutely fugly.

Anyway, I feel like if I go black car I'll have too much of a safe, boring build. But check out JWWs video on his 992 turbo delivery, makes the gentian blue even more beautiful looking at it there.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:05 PM
George P.
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 124 Posts

I've been thinking the same thing about neodyme, not gold enough. It's a damn shame!

The gentian blue is the only color I feel has that old school flavor, as the darker and richer greens that we DO NOT get this generation. I personally think the green on the 992 GT3 should be called kermit, and I think it's absolutely fugly.

Anyway, I feel like if I go black car I'll have too much of a safe, boring build. But check out JWWs video on his 992 turbo delivery, makes the gentian blue even more beautiful looking at it there.
I was pondering going PG if I couldn’t get PTS.. showed my wife.. response Kermit.. end of that color choice I too prefer darker/richer greens, Irish, BRG etc.

I’m definitely leaning toward the Neodyme, wish i could see it in person.

I don’t think you can go wrong with the gentian blue. It’s beautiful.
JohnnyF1ve (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 11:46 PM
JohnnyF1ve
Racer

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive
I had a 991 4S with chrono and you are correct, but after trading that car for a 991.2 GT3 I have learned that on GT3 the chrono features are all standard. Checking the box for chrono timer is only getting you the chrono clock on the dash and the lap timer functions. All the performance equipment like dynamic engine mounts and additional tuning for sport modes are standard on GT3 whether you check the box for chrono clock or not.
Thank you for this. It worries me so much that I have to get a stupid analog clock obstructing the top of my dashboard, in order to get some performance function on a gt3? I mean that makes literally no sense. So I think you're right.

I get that some people think it's beautiful or whatever, but I'm buying this car because of its Motorsport blood, and when you're driving around the track you don't care if there's like some little analog Rolex looking thing on your dash. It's just my opinion but I'm glad I don't have to buy it to get some sort of locked feature, that would make no sense.
The following 2 users liked this post by JohnnyF1ve:
NYCGT3 (04-13-2021), yojimbo007 (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 04:45 AM
peeler
Advanced

Received 79 Likes on 22 Posts

Thank you for this. It worries me so much that I have to get a stupid analog clock obstructing the top of my dashboard, in order to get some performance function on a gt3? I mean that makes literally no sense. So I think you're right.

I get that some people think it's beautiful or whatever, but I'm buying this car because of its Motorsport blood, and when you're driving around the track you don't care if there's like some little analog Rolex looking thing on your dash. It's just my opinion but I'm glad I don't have to buy it to get some sort of locked feature, that would make no sense.
i was told by Porsche you need chrono for the Porsche track app and sensors etc that’s the only reason I spec’d it
JohnnyF1ve (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 12:56 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by peeler
i was told by Porsche you need chrono for the Porsche track app and sensors etc that’s the only reason I spec’d it
Track app integration is standard on the GT3.

Last edited by Mech33; 04-13-2021 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:54 PM
George P.
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 124 Posts

I am sure this was talked about before. In the US market is the difference between the PDLS and PDLS+ only highbeam assist, for $3160 extra?
Old 04-14-2021, 12:02 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

If I could get an allocation Id buy it like this.
Maybe September ED?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNBPRI56
Old 04-14-2021, 12:42 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Track app integration is standard on the GT3.
According to configurator it seems to better integrate the track app with the PCM

Last edited by PTS; 04-14-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Let's see your 992 GT3 Configuration