Sponsored by:

Let's see your 992 GT3 Configuration

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 01:10 PM
Daniel L
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

If I manage to get an allocation

Color - white (carbon fiber roof) or gentian blue (maybe blue seat belts, without CF roof)
Winged
4way vs 18way, will have to sit in both
Manual
FAL
Extended range tank
Dimming mirrors
Bose
Exclusive gas cap
PEC delivery
Old 04-01-2021, 01:42 PM
CarManDSL
Rennlist Member

Received 345 Likes on 199 Posts

[QUOTE=Daniel L;17336468]If I manage to get an allocation . . . .
4way vs 18way, will have to sit in both
. . . ./QUOTE]

They both have the same butt feel, but the 18 way has adjustable thigh, side bolster and lumbar settings.

For me, the extending thigh support makes a big different in comfort, especially on longer trips.
The following users liked this post:
Daniel L (04-01-2021)
Old 04-01-2021, 01:49 PM
josephr25
Burning Brakes

Received 619 Likes on 282 Posts

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNN4XKL6

Will I get an allocation? Probably not
Can I afford one? Definitely not
Old 04-02-2021, 04:55 AM
bk_911
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 104 Posts

Honestly these are stupid prices. But here are a few builds. At these numbers I would probably just go ***** to the wall and get what I wanted if I was fortunate enough to get an allocation at msrp and get clearance from the special lady.

My more realistic build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7VX9T8

Here is my “if money was no object” blue build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNJARAF0

Old 04-05-2021, 10:40 PM
lockie
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Leather / Race-Tex Interior

This seems expensive for stitching. Does anyone know what additional leather is added.
thanks
Old 04-07-2021, 09:00 AM
George P.
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 123 Posts

Anyone skipping the rear park assist due to the aesthetics? Not a fan of the circles on the bumper. I also don't see myself relying on the sensors for anything.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:38 AM
NYCGT3
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 137 Posts

Yes, especially since the option notes rear view camera is standard. I’m getting a Touring. I’m indecisive about the chrono package. I’ll never use it. I think the “wart” is ugly. My only concern is, I see it on nearly all builds and it may affect resale.. thoughts??
Old 04-07-2021, 09:41 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 779 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by NYCGT3
Yes, especially since the option notes rear view camera is standard. I’m getting a Touring. I’m indecisive about the chrono package. I’ll never use it. I think the “wart” is ugly. My only concern is, I see it on nearly all builds and it may affect resale.. thoughts??
Had it on my touring - never once used it. Not really a touring feature and doubt makes any difference at all on value - actually zero. Chrono delete might be like sunroof delete in the air-cooled world - a rarity.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:58 AM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 467 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by NYCGT3
  • Back up camera works just fine for parking - I'll for sure skip any further parking aides
  • And the Chrono, skipped it on my Touring, never once missed it
    • But if you want a full leather dash, to the base of the windshield, you may need that Chrono. I'd just skip that leather then.
  • Also I had the base stereo last time out, I'd go for Bose this time, base stereo was near useless at speed.
  • Lastly leather steering column, unless you are getting deviated stitching you don't even notice it, still if you want all the leather probably should get it
Old 04-07-2021, 12:24 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Thanks guys, No “wart” it is. I think I’m going to get the leather package with the addition of the lower doors. I like the feel of leather on the handles. Certainly Bose. A bit disappointed a better option isn’t available. Thanks again for your help.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:53 PM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

I did the typical....added the must haves (FAL, Manual, PCCB, Bose, Leather, etc)...tried to restrain myself...then by the time I checked, I crossed $200K....then basically said what the hell and just maxed it out to $216800. I thought that the additional $16K for a *****-out loaded one does retain **some** value on resale...maybe $5K of it..so for the $11K of difference, I said what the hell...just put my mind at ease vs. thinking "should I have gotten this or that..."
Old 04-07-2021, 02:59 PM
George P.
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
I did the typical....added the must haves (FAL, Manual, PCCB, Bose, Leather, etc)...tried to restrain myself...then by the time I checked, I crossed $200K....then basically said what the hell and just maxed it out to $216800. I thought that the additional $16K for a *****-out loaded one does retain **some** value on resale...maybe $5K of it..so for the $11K of difference, I said what the hell...just put my mind at ease vs. thinking "should I have gotten this or that..."
When you say leather,, the steering column and the extended option?
Old 04-07-2021, 03:13 PM
evanescent03
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

was asked to submit this, hopefully will be micro

Gentian Blue
Black wheels
FAL
Carbon buckets
PDK (nervous about a money shift on track.. may come to my senses and go for a manual)
Parking sensors
Smoking/storage packages
Bose
auto dimming mirrors
Black LED headlight housing
Ambient lighting (for the kids)

$178k

I go back and forth on most options.. Alcantara touchable for track or leather for maintenance
, PDK for track manual for the street, seats considering the car will live two distinct lives on/off the track ... all normal dilemmas I suppose.
Old 04-07-2021, 03:50 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

Here's my code: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLPRGH8

PTS Yachting Blue
4 Ways (undecided about LWB's, if it's a winged car I may tick that option)
Puddle lights (they're cheap)
Manual Transmission
Extended Range Tank (23.7 Gals)
FAL
Wheels Painted in Satin Dark Silver
LED Matrix Headlights in Black
Exclusive Design Taillights
Ambient Lighting
Steering Wheel and Gear Lever in Leather (free option and I can't stand alcantara on frequently touched surfaces)
Steering Column Casing in Leather
Interior Trim Inlays in Black Brushed Aluminum (free option and much better than black plastic)
Bose

MSRP $193,480

I may deviate from this depending on whether or not I get a Touring allocation. The 4-ways work well w/ a Touring but a winged car may be optioned better with the LWB's, as would a carbon roof. The 4-ways are great in my T and have never wished for the LWB's while driving it.

Also a bit undecided with the Matrix LED's as I'm unsure if they have full function in the US. They look great though and I did get the TOL black PLDS lights on my T and like them quite a bit. This go 'round though Porsche has black PDLS lights for quite a bit less money. After all headlights are the eyes of the car and aesthetically I think they're definitely one of the focal points of car design.
Old 04-07-2021, 04:13 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Thrilled with the no-cost leather wheel and **** option. Not a fan of alcantara. So much so, getting the leather lower door option, simply for the “feel” on the handles. I wonder why only black aluminum interior trim? Natural aluminum would make for a nice contrast with black. Available on other 992’s. Any thoughts on the aluminum pedal option? I think they’ll look good. For about a week.

Quick Reply: Let's see your 992 GT3 Configuration