Received 493 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
Everybody is different but the must have options for me:
Manual
FAL
LWB Seats
Sports Chrono
Extended range fuel tank
Fire extinguisher (which can be added later anyway)
Why is the Chrono a must-have for you? I am not going to spec it, but have some degree worry I am missing out.
Old 05-26-2021, 08:35 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,008 Posts

Originally Posted by sparkhill
Why is the Chrono a must-have for you? I am not going to spec it, but have some degree worry I am missing out.
I think the case for having the chrono with the GT3 is much weaker than with my other two Porsches. Most of the functionality is already there with the GT3. (e.g. auto blip used to require sport chrono etc). I also like the clock, although I recognize that many don't like the disruption in the smooth flow of the dash.

Below is a running list of the functionality that was added with my Sport Chrono on my 911 and Boxster. There is a lot of added functionality below that I use. I just don't know what the 992 GT3 includes other than what is on Porsche's web site (which is sparse). It didn't cost that much so I didn't want to miss out on any of those performance features below. I understand that the dynamic engine mounts, auto blip are not included in the SC package anymore.

Dynamic engine mounts
Rev matching in sport and sport + (manual)
Improved throttle mapping - throttle response goes to "performance". Throttle mapping can be turned to sport with the "sport" button. Sport is the same sport as in cars with SC, thus lifting the idle revs. Rev limiter is the same in all modes. It's just softer in normal.

Sport Response Button (pdk)
Launch control (pdk)

G-force meter
Clock with lap timer
Sport screen on PCM for lap analysis (and draws laps on PCM screen as you go around track)
Ability to download performance data to your laptop
Upshift indicator in MFD
Mode dial on steering wheel which also adds I-mode
Relaxed point at which PSM kicks in (i.e. allows more yaw)
Increases idle speed
Opens additional symposer tube for better sound in compartment.
Changes RPM limiter to sport from normal.
Rear axles steering, PASM, PDCC, PTM and PTV go to sport mode (Sport mode for PTM and PTV doesn't exist in a RWD carrera with a MT)

Last edited by subshooter; 05-26-2021 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-26-2021, 09:49 AM
sparkhill
Burning Brakes

I think the case for having the chrono with the GT3 is much weaker than with my other two Porsches. Most of the functionality is already there with the GT3. (e.g. auto blip used to require sport chrono etc). I also like the clock, although I recognize that many don't like the disruption in the smooth flow of the dash.

Below is a running list of the functionality that was added with my Sport Chrono on my 911 and Boxster. There is a lot of added functionality below that I use. I just don't know what the 992 GT3 includes other than what is on Porsche's web site (which is sparse). It didn't cost that much so I didn't want to miss out on any of those performance features below. I understand that the dynamic engine mounts, auto blip are not included in the SC package anymore.

Dynamic engine mounts
Improved throttle mapping - throttle response goes to "performance". Throttle mapping can be turned to sport with the "sport" button. Sport is the same sport as in cars with SC, thus lifting the idle revs. Rev limiter is the same in all modes. It's just softer in normal.

Launch control (pdk)

G-force meter
Clock with lap timer
Sport screen on PCM for lap analysis (and draws laps on PCM screen as you go around track)
Upshift indicator in MFD
Increases idle speed
Rear axles steering, PASM, PDCC, PTM and PTV go to sport mode (Sport mode for PTM and PTV doesn't exist in a RWD carrera with a MT)
Thanks.
Old 05-26-2021, 03:10 PM
sparkhill
Burning Brakes

Dynamic engine mounts

Launch control (pdk)

G-force meter
Clock with lap timer
Upshift indicator in MFD
Increases idle speed
I do wonder what this "performance display" means:

Comprising an analog stopwatch on the dashboard, a digital stopwatch function in the instrument cluster and performance display in Porsche Communication Management (PCM).

Old 05-26-2021, 03:45 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,008 Posts

Originally Posted by sparkhill
I do wonder what this "performance display" means:

Comprising an analog stopwatch on the dashboard, a digital stopwatch function in the instrument cluster and performance display in Porsche Communication Management (PCM).
I made a video of it in 2014. See below. On my other Porsches the PCM performance display showed lap times in a bar graph format. It also draws out the car's track on the PCM as it lapped the track. I have no idea what the GT3 looks like. I'm not a Chris Harris so don't be too critical of the videos. I just do it for fun.

Last edited by subshooter; 05-26-2021 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-26-2021, 06:30 PM
Type901
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts

I'm fine not having the stopwatch and chrono menu displayed on the dashboard as long as it doesn't take any functionality and data away from the Porsche Track Precision App. I assume it doesn't based on the 991.2 threads I've read, but would be great to get confirmation if anyone knows for sure if the behavior is the same in the 992 GT3.
Old 05-29-2021, 03:38 PM
DucatiV4S
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts

saw the guards red in person and the color wasn't popping enough for me so I rebuilt the entire car

code - PNR4WMH7
Old 05-29-2021, 03:50 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 243 Posts

Old 05-29-2021, 04:20 PM
logical
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Guards red

I'm still getting the guards red. Had it on my Gen 1 991gt3. Pops in certain light and not others. Wanted Agate or gentian blue. Saw both in person and liked both but not enough so changed to guards red. I've said before in this thread. The 992gt3 will look good in any color.

Quick Reply: Let's see your 992 GT3 Configuration