Sponsored by:

Let's see your 992 GT3 Configuration

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 04:16 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 467 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by NYCGT3
Any thoughts on the aluminum pedal option? I think they’ll look good. For about a week.
Change for changes sake - pass.
Old 04-07-2021, 04:17 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 722 Likes on 332 Posts

Thrilled with the no-cost leather wheel and **** option. Not a fan of alcantara. So much so, getting the leather lower door option, simply for the “feel” on the handles. I wonder why only black aluminum interior trim? Natural aluminum would make for a nice contrast with black. Available on other 992’s. Any thoughts on the aluminum pedal option? I think they’ll look good. For about a week.
Thanks for the comment on the alcantara door pull. Will definitely keep this in mind and would make sense to order that in leather along with the no cost leather wheel and gear ****.
Old 04-07-2021, 05:32 PM
SB27
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Black ringed headlights....not this time

Originally Posted by Randy M
Here's my code: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLPRGH8

PTS Yachting Blue
4 Ways (undecided about LWB's, if it's a winged car I may tick that option)
Puddle lights (they're cheap)
Manual Transmission
Extended Range Tank (23.7 Gals)
FAL
Wheels Painted in Satin Dark Silver
LED Matrix Headlights in Black
Exclusive Design Taillights
Ambient Lighting
Steering Wheel and Gear Lever in Leather (free option and I can't stand alcantara on frequently touched surfaces)
Steering Column Casing in Leather
Interior Trim Inlays in Black Brushed Aluminum (free option and much better than black plastic)
Bose

MSRP $193,480

I may deviate from this depending on whether or not I get a Touring allocation. The 4-ways work well w/ a Touring but a winged car may be optioned better with the LWB's, as would a carbon roof. The 4-ways are great in my T and have never wished for the LWB's while driving it.

Also a bit undecided with the Matrix LED's as I'm unsure if they have full function in the US. They look great though and I did get the TOL black PLDS lights on my T and like them quite a bit. This go 'round though Porsche has black PDLS lights for quite a bit less money. After all headlights are the eyes of the car and aesthetically I think they're definitely one of the focal points of car design.
I think the headlights option depends on the car color. On my .2 Chalk GT3, I had a lot of black accents already (wheels, carbon fiber side mirrors, etc) and the black ring'ed headlights were just too much. Kinda like that Texas girl I dated that wore too much eye mascara. Not this time. Anyone have a good close up of what the new LED headlights look like (trim color also)?
Old 04-07-2021, 10:54 PM
lockie
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 111 Posts

Here is my build so far.
I have a week to finalize it
Any suggestions are welcomed.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7X4JE8

Shark Blue
Decorative Stitching in Contrast Colour, Shark Blue Worth the money?
Side Courtesy Lights with LED 'PORSCHE' Logo Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Extended Range Fuel Tank, 90l
Lifting system front axle
Wheels painted in Satin Darksilver Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Tinted LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Automatically Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor
Interior Light Design Package
Full Bucket Seats
Storage Package
Fire Extinguisher
Tachometer Dial white Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Steering Wheel Rim and Gear Selector in Smooth-Finish Leather in Black. Would love input on this
Seat Belts in Shark Blue Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Brushed Aluminum Interior Package in Black
Brushed Aluminum Door Sill Guards in Dark Silver, Illuminated Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
BOSE® Surround Sound System

Last edited by lockie; 04-07-2021 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:24 AM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 322 Likes on 131 Posts

Has anyone else noticed that you can’t spec the carbon fiber illuminated door sills? It’s available in aluminum but not carbon. If you choose the aluminum it forces you to choose aluminum dash as well.

I asked my SA about it as I’m trying to configure a spec for submission and they were surprised since you can order this option on regular Carreras. I have this option on my 991.2 GT3 paired with carbon dash and it elevates the interior.

anyone else noticing this and get any feedback? Seems to me it’s an omission on the configurator. So far my dealer hasn’t gotten any answers from PCNA.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:59 AM
murtaza911
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey all, I'm tyring to get an allocation for a GT3, definitely won't be getting one of the first, but if things work out I may have a chance (hopefully for touring).
Any ways, one of the options I'm on the fence about is the leather+yellow stitching option. Here in Canada it comes up to $9560 for the leather + contrasting stitching. I love leather, and I plan on getting yellow seat belts. But for $9500 I'm second guessing it and wondering if I would miss it by sticking with the standard interior.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:27 AM
NYCGT3
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 137 Posts

I need a bit of help with headlights. I’m curious as to what the stock headlights are, compared to the $850 option. Does it simply change the color of the unit, or are their better lights? When I select it on the configurator, nothing happens.... except I pay more!
Old 04-08-2021, 10:27 AM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts

Thrilled with the no-cost leather wheel and **** option. Not a fan of alcantara. So much so, getting the leather lower door option, simply for the “feel” on the handles. I wonder why only black aluminum interior trim? Natural aluminum would make for a nice contrast with black. Available on other 992’s. Any thoughts on the aluminum pedal option? I think they’ll look good. For about a week.
I have the aluminum pedals on my .2 3RS and with 16k miles they look brand new. Just wipe them down whenever you wash your and they'll continue to look great.
Attached Images   
The following 2 users liked this post by C2Spin:
gravedgr (04-08-2021), NYCGT3 (04-08-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 01:54 PM
Daniel L
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

I need a bit of help with headlights. I’m curious as to what the stock headlights are, compared to the $850 option. Does it simply change the color of the unit, or are their better lights? When I select it on the configurator, nothing happens.... except I pay more!
$850 option gives PDLS which swivels the headlights depending on steering angle. It looks like it also tilts up the headlights at higher speeds as well but I have no personal experience with that.

My wife's Mercedes has the matrix-LEDs and they're the best headlights I've ever used but Mercedes only charges $800 vs $4000 on this car. I think I'm going to go with the $850 option.
Old 04-08-2021, 05:56 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by C2Spin
I have the aluminum pedals on my .2 3RS and with 16k miles they look brand new. Just wipe them down whenever you wash your and they'll continue to look great.
Very nice ! Thank you!

Last edited by NYCGT3; 04-08-2021 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-08-2021, 05:58 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by Daniel L
$850 option gives PDLS which swivels the headlights depending on steering angle. It looks like it also tilts up the headlights at higher speeds as well but I have no personal experience with that.

My wife's Mercedes has the matrix-LEDs and they're the best headlights I've ever used but Mercedes only charges $800 vs $4000 on this car. I think I'm going to go with the $850 option.
Thank you very much. Appreciated. That’s how I’m leaning...
Old 04-08-2021, 10:04 PM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
Thanks for the comment on the alcantara door pull. Will definitely keep this in mind and would make sense to order that in leather along with the no cost leather wheel and gear ****.
Quite frankly, the natural aluminum trim looks like (and is) cheap silver plastic that you'd find in a rental car dashboard.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:19 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
Quite frankly, the natural aluminum trim looks like (and is) cheap silver plastic that you'd find in a rental car dashboard.
Really?! I would be so disappointed if it is truly plastic and it is listed as aluminum. Thank you very much.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:25 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 722 Likes on 332 Posts

Yeah the dark aluminum optioned car I sat in sure looked like real metal to me.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:40 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 779 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by lockie
Here is my build so far.
I have a week to finalize it
Any suggestions are welcomed.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7X4JE8

Shark Blue
Decorative Stitching in Contrast Colour, Shark Blue Worth the money?
Side Courtesy Lights with LED 'PORSCHE' Logo Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Extended Range Fuel Tank, 90l
Lifting system front axle
Wheels painted in Satin Darksilver Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Tinted LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Automatically Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor
Interior Light Design Package
Full Bucket Seats
Storage Package
Fire Extinguisher
Tachometer Dial white Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Steering Wheel Rim and Gear Selector in Smooth-Finish Leather in Black. Would love input on this
Seat Belts in Shark Blue Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Brushed Aluminum Interior Package in Black
Brushed Aluminum Door Sill Guards in Dark Silver, Illuminated Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Looks good. Here is another way to do it that I have looked at which I find striking.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN5EXQ65

Quick Reply: Let's see your 992 GT3 Configuration