Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone feel like they have a bulls eye on their car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 11:37 PM
scooter100
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by strumbringer
It does seem like I attract more than the normal share of merge blockers, bumper riders and general assholery in the PNW. I am reconsidering using it as a DD. Also had a freaking Civic SI try to race me on the freeway off-ramp (I ignored him), then he merged in front of me and braked. Moron. Also a a Chevy SS the other day trying overtake me on the on-ramp. In the latter case I had to gas it or he would have hit me :-P.
Lets not forget the general incompetence of drivers in Seattle . I kid you not but the day I moved to Seattle, someone stopped in the middle of the highway because they missed their exit and was backing up.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:41 PM
babyjocko
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
Currently overrated. Glad you cashed out while it was inflated and got a nice non-tesla ride. ��
Porsche is very nice. I wouldn't be getting one (actually 2 - C4S and Macan S) if I thought otherwise. But, I also own a Model S P90D. What do you have against Tesla? Have you driven one? It would blow your mind (with its acceleration, almost literally).
Old 09-07-2016, 11:51 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,868 Likes on 1,527 Posts

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
Currently overrated. Glad you cashed out while it was inflated and got a nice non-tesla ride.
I'm actually still quite bullish on TSLA., buying more on the dip. Both as an investment and as a future vehicle for the business...

Example: Model X 60D is now down to $74K list, less $13,500 year-1 tax credits (Colorado), less Section 179 6,000 pound GVWR year-1 bonus depreciation (call it $12,000 savings), less fuel costs...

Makes it year-one price competitive with something as mundane as a Toyota Highlander Hybrid if you live in the right state and have your own business.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:05 AM
trucheli
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I think the issue of people driving aggressively around you has to do with the area you live in and the way you drive. Living in Miami where driving a Porsche is like driving a Honda Accord in Alabama I have never experienced any aggressive driving around me. There aren't too many cars that can pick up a fight with a 991 GTS. Also, I would not get into a drag race with anyone on public roads neither I drive aggressively to **** off someone who might want to get me back. I've seen trucks with super chargers showing off how fast they can go and I just let them do their thing slowing down and let them know that I am not impressed by behaving totally opposite.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:17 AM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Class warfare is alive and well in the Bay Area. Enjoying nice things is frowned upon.
Yes.
Where I live however, my bumper sticker says,
"Yes, I Own a Gun.
"Yes, I Know How To Use It.
"Yes, I Will Shoot You."

I'm never bothered in my vehicle.
No idea why, really...
Old 09-08-2016, 01:48 AM
strumbringer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scooter100
Lets not forget the general incompetence of drivers in Seattle . I kid you not but the day I moved to Seattle, someone stopped in the middle of the highway because they missed their exit and was backing up.
So true, but I swear it's gotten worse over the last 10 years since I've been here. My favorite is the left-lane 50mph campers who seem to be out in force at any given time of day. I swear they're multiplying. Maybe that's why they're driving so slowly?
Old 09-08-2016, 01:52 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,874 Likes on 1,903 Posts

This thread reminds of that old George Carlin bit where he said "anyone driving slower than me is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than me is a maniac..."
Old 09-08-2016, 02:21 AM
strumbringer
Instructor

That was a good one indeed!
Old 09-08-2016, 08:10 AM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't know what will happen when I get a Turbo S. That car is easily identifiable by its side air vents. But at the same time oh well. Haters are gonna hate. But honestly don't worry about it. If you worry, then you attract the wrong crowd. Just drive it like any other car.

Now if you have a Ferrari or Lambo, then those cars really do attract attention (especially if you have red color) unless you drive in the areas where you have other Ferrari or Lambo drivers.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:21 PM
Sharm
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by captainkirk
I don't know what will happen when I get a Turbo S. That car is easily identifiable by its side air vents. But at the same time oh well. Haters are gonna hate. But honestly don't worry about it. If you worry, then you attract the wrong crowd. Just drive it like any other car.

Now if you have a Ferrari or Lambo, then those cars really do attract attention (especially if you have red color) unless you drive in the areas where you have other Ferrari or Lambo drivers.
Funny thing is I feel like my current carmine red 991 gts attracts less attention than my previous 991 targa 4s. Sure the Targa is an exotic beast but I guess its not always the color.

Btw, I haven't had too much trouble here in the DMV. Maybe im just paying less attention than I used to, this being my second P car. I wonder how much we feel as attention is dependent on one's psyche.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:29 PM
mgflyfish
Racer

Default True Dat in PDX

Originally Posted by scooter100
I have had my 991C4S for a week and noticed that people drive like complete jerks around me. Its not that people want to race with me but they seem to try their hardest to not let me merge or change lanes. I also try to park away from everyone and there is always some yahoo that doesn't seem to get that. I never had any problems with my 981S and while the PNW is pretty well known for passive agressive elitists, this is just darn annoying.
Definitely-- not all the time but the car does seem to bring out the moron or i'll show that ____porsche driver that all the $$'s he/she spent were a big waste etc.
GTS 4 CAB
Old 09-08-2016, 11:53 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

...I am in my Porsche and enjoying every second of it so I am in no hurry to go anywhere. For those who cuts in front of me or want to race, they just want to be home ASAP so they can get out of their crappy cars.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:26 AM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 182 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by babyjocko
Porsche is very nice. I wouldn't be getting one (actually 2 - C4S and Macan S) if I thought otherwise. But, I also own a Model S P90D. What do you have against Tesla? Have you driven one? It would blow your mind (with its acceleration, almost literally).
I live in the Bay Area and they are a dime a dozen. With that said I did test drive a P85D when they first came out. Actually went to the factory in Fremont to take it for a spin as I was considering buying one. 100% agree that their acceleration is mind blowing and a great story in musk to come with it. Not a hater here it just didn't do it for me. Too quiet. Too common. My GTS on the other had is very noisy and very unique.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:50 PM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 560 Likes on 211 Posts

Porsches are more common than Hondas or Toyotas in my area. I am seeing more and more moving from Porsche to Tesla, however.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:53 PM
babyjocko
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I don't get the noise thing. To me, the ultimate car would be one that accelerates like a Tesla and handles like a Porsche. The Tesla Model S is almost there, but it is too large, too heavy, and its braking is not proportionate to its HP and torque.

The quietness of the Tesla adds to its appeal. I can zip right past you before you ever realize it.

Quick Reply: Anyone feel like they have a bulls eye on their car?