Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone feel like they have a bulls eye on their car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 07:18 PM
Geiss
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well considering I got a chip in the paint from an ******* yes it's pretty ****ing annoying. Not the Porsche thank god I've learned my lesson. But it's one thing to damage my own car but it's something else for someone else to do deliberately do it. Same goes for keying cars.

There's always someone like you who says man up, it's just a car, you're supposed to drive it not garage it, that's life, if it bothers you you can't afford it, and so on. troll elsewhere

Last edited by Geiss; 09-08-2016 at 12:52 AM.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:20 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I have had innumerable incidents. For example, I once had a Florida highway patrolman pull me over on I-10 just to talk to me about the car. On another occasion, I had a colleauge give me a large door-ding and thought it was just a kiss. I had a guy block an exit from a parking lot who got out of his PU with a gun when I went around him. There are many more in the 42 years I have owned P-cars. I now know enough to keep my mouth shut and my behavior invisible.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:35 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,874 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Never had an issue here in the Bay Area in any of my cars. Then again I really don't pay attention to anyone, so who knows.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:21 PM
Dirac
Advanced

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Never had an issue here in the Bay Area in any of my cars. Then again I really don't pay attention to anyone, so who knows.
Better check your rearview mirror for Bubba!
Old 09-07-2016, 08:27 PM
TrappistMonk
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
this^^^ Don't pay attention to others unless it's a nice car ... don't look for attention from others either
Old 09-07-2016, 08:28 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 284 Posts

Funny, at the risk of being contrarian I find Bay Area drivers are more respectful and less competitive with respect to my Porsche than Tucson AZ, Atlanta or Souther Cal!

I've definitely found people in pick ups like to seek me out and park too close in lots though - even when I am 100 yards away from more convenient spots. They like to haunt me!!
Old 09-07-2016, 08:28 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scooter100
I have had my 991C4S for a week and noticed that people drive like complete jerks around me. Its not that people want to race with me but they seem to try their hardest to not let me merge or change lanes. I also try to park away from everyone and there is always some yahoo that doesn't seem to get that. I never had any problems with my 981S and while the PNW is pretty well known for passive agressive elitists, this is just darn annoying.
Same experience when I had my 991. It attracted jerks, and I swear it was an unmarked cops that tried to bait me to race once. It is annoying, but don't let them ruin your fun. Just drive safe on public roads and let it loose on track.

As a comparison, although I see no jerks so far on public roads while driving exotics, it surely attracts flies when parked. People will try to park closer eventhough it parked miles away in sort of hidden spot. To make matter worse, strange dudes mostly teens will hang around the car for a very long time.

All good cars come with a baggage. You just gotta accept it.

PF
Old 09-07-2016, 09:36 PM
babyjocko
Instructor

Originally Posted by Highyo
Monday night it was a family in one of those stupid tesla minivans trying to race me, getting behind me, flashing me. A tesla minivan!
Tesla doesn't make a minivan. The Model X is a crossover. And, if it was a P90D with Ludicrous, you may only have a chance if you're driving a Turbo S. If it were a Model S, I'd put my money on the Tesla.

911 handles better than a Tesla (although the Model S handles quite well for a full sized sedan), but a MS P90D is 0-60 in 2.65; P100D is 2.50.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:43 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 182 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by babyjocko
Tesla doesn't make a minivan. The Model X is a crossover. And, if it was a P90D with Ludicrous, you may only have a chance if you're driving a Turbo S. If it were a Model S, I'd put my money on the Tesla. 911 handles better than a Tesla (although the Model S handles quite well for a full sized sedan), but a MS P90D is 0-60 in 2.65; P100D is 2.50.
yea sure. but it's still a Tesla. They have become such a status symbol that the attraction to owning one and being part of the masses is dwindling....just like owning its stock....overrated...ill pass and stick with my 991 GTS, no matter how badly I can get beat 0-60.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:13 PM
planet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It might also be worth noting that the Bay Area is not small, and those who keep to different areas may have different experiences.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:36 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,868 Likes on 1,527 Posts

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
yea sure. but it's still a Tesla. They have become such a status symbol that the attraction to owning one and being part of the masses is dwindling...just like owning its stock....overrated...ill pass and stick with my 991 GTS, no matter how badly I can get beat 0-60.
Not my experience at all... In fact my Tesla stock is paying for the 991.

But if Tesla decided to put their current technology, motors, and batteries into a sports-oriented two seater, a bespoke second generation of their original roadster, it would be breathtaking. Alas they seem to be set on their S-3-X business model followed by a cross-over pickup and then OTR heavy trucks.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:52 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

Please notice the abundance of confederate flags!
Welcome to my World!
Old 09-07-2016, 10:57 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,959 Likes on 5,215 Posts

It's your imagination.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:59 PM
babyjocko
Instructor

Originally Posted by pfbz
Not my experience at all... In fact my Tesla stock is paying for the 991.

But if Tesla decided to put their current technology, motors, and batteries into a sports-oriented two seater, a bespoke second generation of their original roadster, it would be breathtaking. Alas they seem to be set on their S-3-X business model followed by a cross-over pickup and then OTR heavy trucks.
The proposed pickup truck will be Model Y, which will fulfill their mission: S 3 X Y

Somehow I doubt the rebel flag waiving rednecks will opt for the Model Y.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:32 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 182 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
Not my experience at all... In fact my Tesla stock is paying for the 991. But if Tesla decided to put their current technology, motors, and batteries into a sports-oriented two seater, a bespoke second generation of their original roadster, it would be breathtaking. Alas they seem to be set on their S-3-X business model followed by a cross-over pickup and then OTR heavy trucks.
Currently overrated. Glad you cashed out while it was inflated and got a nice non-tesla ride. 👍

Quick Reply: Anyone feel like they have a bulls eye on their car?