Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone feel like they have a bulls eye on their car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 12:23 PM
systemr
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

weird i never get this behavior in the bay area...
Old 09-07-2016, 12:27 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 856 Likes on 431 Posts

I try to be very respectful when I drive and always try to anticipate what trucks are going to do etc.

I'm the 80 mph (cruse control on) type when it's 70 and if someone comes up going a bit faster I'll let them pass but what bugs be here lately is when they will slow down and hang out to my left for miles and not pass. Take a picture already and go.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:44 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

I'd like to think the craziness was because people notice fancy/expensive cars and do dumb things around them - but that's not it. We're all victims of PAG's Brand development. The 911 seems to have been pidgeon-holed as an uber-expensive, luxury sports car for the wealthy. But many owners buy used beautiful gems that cost less than a new Tahoe or Explorer, etc.; when was the last time anyone thought of someone driving a big SUV the same way thought of someone driving a 911. So PAG seems to have equated the 911 to the 1 percent, not that you even have to be a 1 percenter to drive one - and this group appears to foment a great deal of resentment.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:52 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,045 Likes on 598 Posts

thanks to the politicians that are agitating the crowds against the 1%.
It used to be that you are respected for hard work and being successful as people wanted to follow your path.
now with the victim hood mind set, and people being bombarded all the time against the 1 % , jealousy is creeping up.
the shame about it is most porsche owners are not the 1 %, but we still get the jealousy any way
Old 09-07-2016, 01:11 PM
Roosell
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MinMay
yeah...several days ago, I had a sausage in his Corvette who kept revving his car to race in traffic. I just ignored them and let them be.

I get that too, and almost always do the same as you. But I had one guy and his buddy who simply would not stop, and would not be ignored. He was swerving into my lane trying to make sure I had wasn't failing to see he was challenging me to race. I realized I had to do something, so finally I rolled down the window at a light.

"Hey man, that is a sweet ride!"

"It'll blow the doors off that f$#@ piece of s%##!"

"Yeah, probably so... probably so. Hey! Show me what you got!"

The light turns and he did exactly what you think he did. I puttered along at my usual pace, and of course after he won he slowed down to collect some of the 'confirmation of self-worth' I now owed him.

"Man, that thing is a rocket ship!" I give him a thumbs up, smile, wave, and go back to ignoring him.

Pontiac GTO it was.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:22 PM
porsche_love
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately this happens too often. I love my car and everything about it, except the attention it gets, some good, but mostly not so good. I constantly have trucks or other modified vehicles revving next to me trying to provoke a race...I just ignore them. I tell myself that maybe they just want to hear how the beautiful the car sounds lol
Old 09-07-2016, 01:40 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It might be time for a Glock sticker on the rear window.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:55 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

Well my SanFran brothers fear not because there must be an A-hole epidemic across the country. Here in the Sunny South the good ole' boys are a real pain. Also the minivan dads are a pain. Everybody wants to show you up.

I have done a social test on parking. Please take note. You have a better chance of not gettin a beat up '82 Corolla carrying 6 kids who kick open the door hitting your precious if you park by a minivan with sliding doors. If you park out far away by yourself it is a magnet to every POS that drives up. It is an amazing phenomenon. I did the same parking spot with my daughter's not very special car and NO ONE parked by it. Amazing!
Old 09-07-2016, 02:20 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,221 Likes on 738 Posts

Originally Posted by NOSUB2T
Well my SanFran brothers fear not because there must be an A-hole epidemic across the country. Here in the Sunny South the good ole' boys are a real pain. Also the minivan dads are a pain. Everybody wants to show you up.

I have done a social test on parking. Please take note. You have a better chance of not gettin a beat up '82 Corolla carrying 6 kids who kick open the door hitting your precious if you park by a minivan with sliding doors. If you park out far away by yourself it is a magnet to every POS that drives up. It is an amazing phenomenon. I did the same parking spot with my daughter's not very special car and NO ONE parked by it. Amazing!

an oldie, but goodie

Old 09-07-2016, 02:30 PM
ArthurVandalay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdiablo
It might be time for a Glock sticker on the rear window.
Trump sticker
Old 09-07-2016, 02:32 PM
strumbringer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It does seem like I attract more than the normal share of merge blockers, bumper riders and general assholery in the PNW. I am reconsidering using it as a DD. Also had a freaking Civic SI try to race me on the freeway off-ramp (I ignored him), then he merged in front of me and braked. Moron. Also a a Chevy SS the other day trying overtake me on the on-ramp. In the latter case I had to gas it or he would have hit me :-P.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Harsany
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 42 Posts

Unreal. I had this douche park his lift kit truck so close to me one day at the back of the lot. There was no one near me, but he had to pull up right beside me. I could barely get in my car. The funny thing is I was walking out of the grocery store when he did it, so I just walked up to him and asked him why is was being such a tool. He moved his truck..
Old 09-07-2016, 06:22 PM
TAL2GK
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been on both sides of this. I'm all about parking at the far side of the parking lot, up against a curb or barrier on one side to limit my exposure.

What I HATE, though, are the douchebags who park whatever car they have diagonally across multiple spots. To those asshats, I happily park directly next to - when I'm driving my company car, of course. Normally, it's a 5-year-old Mustang with a catless exhaust and Shelby badges on an otherwise stock GT that pulls this maneuver, but I'd equally think the guy a tool if it was a Veyron.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Geiss
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harsany
Unreal. I had this douche park his lift kit truck so close to me one day at the back of the lot. There was no one near me, but he had to pull up right beside me. I could barely get in my car. The funny thing is I was walking out of the grocery store when he did it, so I just walked up to him and asked him why is was being such a tool. He moved his truck..
That infuriates me, this is clear ******** who park next to you despite ample parking elsewhere are doing it on purpose. I notice when I park far away to avoid cars, I will find a car parked next to me.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:57 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

life must be so tough driving your princess mobile without a man-card

Quick Reply: Anyone feel like they have a bulls eye on their car?