Sponsored by:

What did you buy your 991 today thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2022, 02:43 PM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
...Anybody had any luck with commercial stuff like Fix A Flat or Slime?
Yep. I was on a drive a couple of years ago when one of the cars in our group punctured a tire. Slime to the rescue. It performed as advertised and once we got to a proper repair shop everything rinsed out from inside the tire and the TPM continued to function. I now carry a bottle with me on all extended drives.

DaveGee
Old 09-30-2022, 11:59 AM
vincenz0
Racer

Received 155 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by RP4S911
They've all been a pain. I plugged a tire in my daily driver this summer and used the OEM trunk compressor. Well it has that fix-a-flat in it... I instantly got a high speed vibration. Next oil change they were rebalancing all wheels and had an issue with that one wheel. Turns out the fix-a-flat was the cultrip of it all. Had to pay to have it all cleaned up before it could be rebalanced. It can also cause the TPMS sensor to malfunction. PITA. I would recommend just having plugs and a cheap amazon cigarette lighter compressor on hand.

+1, most common tire issue is a nail / screw. This is my favorite of many tire plug kits I've tried because it includes the pliers to remove a nail too. And it's super small.

https://amzn.to/3BUFvg5

That plus the OEM tire inflator stored in the 991 frunk near the battery will solve 85% of tire failures and be faster than waiting for AAA. You can plug the tire while the wheel is still on the car (easier on the fronts where you can turn the wheels to access it).
Old 09-30-2022, 12:27 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by vincenz0
+1, most common tire issue is a nail / screw. This is my favorite of many tire plug kits I've tried because it includes the pliers to remove a nail too. And it's super small.

https://amzn.to/3BUFvg5

That plus the OEM tire inflator stored in the 991 frunk near the battery will solve 85% of tire failures and be faster than waiting for AAA. You can plug the tire while the wheel is still on the car (easier on the fronts where you can turn the wheels to access it).
I like it. I have the Goop kits in my cars for the same reason.
Old 09-30-2022, 03:08 PM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by fluid15
Today I ordered Fister mufflers (modified side-mufflers, no change to the center PSE w/valves). I searched this forum and only heard clips of them on 3.4 non-PSE cars (mine is 3.8 w/PSE & Soul Headers) but willing to give them a try.
I don't think you will be disappointed. It gives lower tone and opens up in volume after 3K when stepping on it.
else if easy on gas it's not noticeable.
Might be allot louder with headers however.
Old 09-30-2022, 11:24 PM
911Raider
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts

Coco Mats

The following 4 users liked this post by 911Raider:
DarienA (10-02-2022), SDM5 (10-01-2022), shammerman (10-01-2022), z168 (10-01-2022)
Old 09-30-2022, 11:42 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 941 Likes on 572 Posts

A good friend, with a second home in Fort Myers, found out from a neighbor (as he is back in Iowa) that his 991 is probably toast as his garage had 18" of dirty salt water in his garage, and the car is totally dead ... as is his wife's MB E class... his Cayenne seemed to survive since it sits a little higher off the ground!

Warning- within the next year or so, don't buy any cars from FL with low miles...
Old 10-01-2022, 12:08 AM
myrr
Pro

Received 312 Likes on 154 Posts

New filter and some DIY adventures -
The following 2 users liked this post by myrr:
Sarawnty (10-01-2022), z168 (10-01-2022)
Old 10-01-2022, 12:53 AM
z168
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Raider
Coco Mats

looks good. what color would you recommend for a gray color interior (carpet and seats)
The following users liked this post:
SDM5 (10-01-2022)
Old 10-01-2022, 04:57 PM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 132 Posts

For a moment I thought that was my prior GTS.. I did the same mod, the BMC really improves the aural pleasure. You really here the intake and turbo spool, you will love it

If anyone is looking for a lightly used BMC, only 3K miles then you can have mine half the price of new, PM me

Originally Posted by myrr
New filter and some DIY adventures -
The following users liked this post:
myrr (10-01-2022)
Old 10-01-2022, 05:08 PM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 132 Posts

I ordered some clear some clear signals for my new RS. Just my luck that the clear ones I had on my 991 GTS fit all 991’s except the RS.

If anyone is looking for a like new set for a 991 then I just posted a set on the market place.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1319738
Old 10-01-2022, 06:40 PM
SDM5
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking New Member to the Rennlist 991 community!

Cheers everyone -

I'm a long-time lurker and visitor but just started formally engaging here this week as I just took receipt of a 'new to me' 2016 991.1 GTS w/ PDK this past week!

I still can't believe I finally segued over (as my name suggests) from the BMW world FINALLY, but I'm so grateful and thankful to all the amazing members of the community who have shared insight and reviews on the mods they've tackled here on this particular forum thread.

I spent countless hours reading every post on all nearly 500 pages of activity here going back x-amount of years. THANK YOU to everyone who's contributed.

I started my modding adventure this week with the following off of my 'hit-list' of items that I'd been building prior to my 991.1 purchase.

From Soul Performance: Valved Performance Exhaust w/ Black Chrome Exhaust Tips, BMC Performance Air Filters, and DSC Sport V3 Controller.

From SunCoast: Clear Side-Markers, Frunk Liner, Frunk Liner Hood, Exclusive Sport Gas Cap, Porsche Crest Key Chains, OEM Sunshade, 'Porsche' projector door lights, and 'Carrera GTS' Illuminated Carbon Fiber Door Sills.

From CarbonLution: Inner Carbon Fiber Door Sills

From Vorsteiner: V-GT Carbon Fiber Aero Deck Lid Spoiler. Luckily, Vorsteiner in Garden Grove, CA had ONE new old stock sitting in their warehouse.

From Rennline: 3-Piece Pedal set w/ heel guard, track mats and passenger floorboard in silver. Also the must-have grill guards for the exposed radiators where I found a finger-nail sized pebble amongst leaves! SHEESH!!

From GetPorscheSilverSpringParts.com: GT3 RS Side Skirts

From T-Design9.com: Memory Module and Magnum Magnetic Mount

From ZZ-2.com: ZZPLAY Apple CarPlay

From Amazon.com: Various colored Key Case Covers, Ultra-HD Extreme Clarity Tempered-Glass Protector for the Navigation Screen Display and an OEMTools Trim and Molding Removal Tool Kit.

When the Soul Performance Exhaust kit arrives next week, I'm having HOUSE Automotive in Encino, CA tackle the install of that and the DSC V3 Controller alongside setting a new baseline for my ownership (oil change, spark plugs, BMC air filters, and possible drive belt and brake fluid service upon inspection of the two, alongside a new battery being dropped-in).

When the ZZPLAY Apple CarPlay unit arrives in next week, I'm having that installed alongside the exterior mods like the Vorsteiner spoiler, GT3 RS side-skirts, clear side-markers, Rennline pedal set & grill guards, and then performing a Paint Correction, High Gloss Paint Protection Film from STEK, and Ceramic Pro NanoCeramic Coating to the exterior and wheels.

Which reminds me - my favorite purchase experience this week was a second set of wheels from my first Rennlist community friend @Ecosse911, who sold me his 'next to new' HRE R101LW wheels and tires off his recently sold GTS! He's a great seller and made the transaction a breeze midweek during my 'LA to the Bay' day-trip which was 11hrs roundtrip in the Prius!!

Some pics of the items and install shots of various items I've received the past couple of days below with more updates and photos to come as the parts arrive and go on/in.

Also, any fellow enthusiasts local in the San Fernando Valley area (I'm on the Encino/Tarzana border), I'd love to connect and make some new friends, so feel free to PM me!

Again, thank you to everyone in the community who has shared and contributed to this particular thread over the years. It provided great inspiration and resource for all of my mod selections this (particularly expensive) week.

CHEERS & Much Love!!
Attached Images           
The following 9 users liked this post by SDM5:
B Russ (10-01-2022), fossilfuel (11-02-2022), jesm (10-11-2022), malahhaor (10-01-2022), SConn (10-01-2022), Spectre65 (10-06-2022), spyderbret (10-02-2022), t-design (10-10-2022), Tupper (10-26-2022) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-01-2022, 07:02 PM
SConn
Drifting

Received 976 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by SDM5
Cheers everyone -

I'm a long-time lurker and visitor but just started formally engaging here this week as I just took receipt of a 'new to me' 2016 991.1 GTS w/ PDK this past week!

I still can't believe I finally segued over (as my name suggests) from the BMW world FINALLY, but I'm so grateful and thankful to all the amazing members of the community who have shared insight and reviews on the mods they've tackled here on this particular forum thread.

I spent countless hours reading every post on all nearly 500 pages of activity here going back x-amount of years. THANK YOU to everyone who's contributed.

I started my modding adventure this week with the following off of my 'hit-list' of items that I'd been building prior to my 991.1 purchase.

From Soul Performance: Valved Performance Exhaust w/ Black Chrome Exhaust Tips, BMC Performance Air Filters, and DSC Sport V3 Controller.

From SunCoast: Clear Side-Markers, Frunk Liner, Frunk Liner Hood, Exclusive Sport Gas Cap, Porsche Crest Key Chains, OEM Sunshade, 'Porsche' projector door lights, and 'Carrera GTS' Illuminated Carbon Fiber Door Sills.

From CarbonLution: Inner Carbon Fiber Door Sills

From Vorsteiner: V-GT Carbon Fiber Aero Deck Lid Spoiler. Luckily, Vorsteiner in Garden Grove, CA had ONE new old stock sitting in their warehouse.

From Rennline: 3-Piece Pedal set w/ heel guard, track mats and passenger floorboard in silver. Also the must-have grill guards for the exposed radiators where I found a finger-nail sized pebble amongst leaves! SHEESH!!

From GetPorscheSilverSpringParts.com: GT3 RS Side Skirts

From T-Design9.com: Memory Module and Magnum Magnetic Mount

From ZZ-2.com: ZZPLAY Apple CarPlay

From Amazon.com: Various colored Key Case Covers, Ultra-HD Extreme Clarity Tempered-Glass Protector for the Navigation Screen Display and an OEMTools Trim and Molding Removal Tool Kit.

When the Soul Performance Exhaust kit arrives next week, I'm having HOUSE Automotive in Encino, CA tackle the install of that and the DSC V3 Controller alongside setting a new baseline for my ownership (oil change, spark plugs, BMC air filters, and possible drive belt and brake fluid service upon inspection of the two, alongside a new battery being dropped-in).

When the ZZPLAY Apple CarPlay unit arrives in next week, I'm having that installed alongside the exterior mods like the Vorsteiner spoiler, GT3 RS side-skirts, clear side-markers, Rennline pedal set & grill guards, and then performing a Paint Correction, High Gloss Paint Protection Film from STEK, and Ceramic Pro NanoCeramic Coating to the exterior and wheels.

Which reminds me - my favorite purchase experience this week was a second set of wheels from my first Rennlist community friend @Ecosse911, who sold me his 'next to new' HRE R101LW wheels and tires off his recently sold GTS! He's a great seller and made the transaction a breeze midweek during my 'LA to the Bay' day-trip which was 11hrs roundtrip in the Prius!!

Some pics of the items and install shots of various items I've received the past couple of days below with more updates and photos to come as the parts arrive and go on/in.

Also, any fellow enthusiasts local in the San Fernando Valley area (I'm on the Encino/Tarzana border), I'd love to connect and make some new friends, so feel free to PM me!

Again, thank you to everyone in the community who has shared and contributed to this particular thread over the years. It provided great inspiration and resource for all of my mod selections this (particularly expensive) week.

CHEERS & Much Love!!
Wow! Great first post and mods!! Welcome!!
The following 2 users liked this post by SConn:
SDM5 (10-02-2022), stirling (10-23-2022)
Old 10-02-2022, 01:31 AM
911Raider
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by z168
looks good. what color would you recommend for a gray color interior (carpet and seats)
That is very subjective, of course. I wanted some blue splashed in my interior, I thought this was a nice way to add some color without adding some cheap blue ****, etc (not that I have found many accessories in blue for the 911).

My wife bought some for her X-5 with mocha colored seats, she got the terra cotta version. Everytime I get in her vehicle the mats stand out but the color is not over done or too loud. A really nice addition. I didn’t think I would like them as much as I do.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:23 AM
Serge911
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 21 Posts

Almost ready for the gt3 conversion, snagged eco’s tech art wing. Doing custom ti exhaust to boot so it will be shown thru the gt3 rear valance. Time to start ordering internal bittys for the bumpers and get this car wrapped gt3 cup style. I have a few companies I wanna advertise on the car that I own so a win win for me.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:24 AM
DarienA
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Raider
That is very subjective, of course. I wanted some blue splashed in my interior, I thought this was a nice way to add some color without adding some cheap blue ****, etc (not that I have found many accessories in blue for the 911).

My wife bought some for her X-5 with mocha colored seats, she got the terra cotta version. Everytime I get in her vehicle the mats stand out but the color is not over done or too loud. A really nice addition. I didn’t think I would like them as much as I do.
Are those the berber mats?

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 991 today thread