Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you buy your 991 today thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 11:24 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,118 Likes on 667 Posts

Bought and installed wireless charger. Looks a little weird "naked", but looks fine with the phone in the holder. No more having to try to connect the usb cable - just throw the phone on and am all set. Phone always in my line of sight, don't have to look down, it's always in my peripheral vision. Use it mainly for Waze, don't use for anything else when driving. Easy one hand put on take off. It's awesome.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:41 AM
mtony
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts

Bought and installed wireless charger. Looks a little weird "naked", but looks fine with the phone in the holder. No more having to try to connect the usb cable - just throw the phone on and am all set. Phone always in my line of sight, don't have to look down, it's always in my peripheral vision. Use it mainly for Waze, don't use for anything else when driving. Easy one hand put on take off. It's awesome.
Reminds me of my cell phone mount back in the early 90s!
Old 07-14-2018, 12:00 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Kennethjk

was the car car still under CPO when you purchased the extended warranty. Does it extend coverage 6 years past CPO?

thanks
Yeah, I purchased it the day before my CPO expired. But you can get it with or without CPO coverage. And yeah, it starts the day you get it.
Old 07-14-2018, 01:46 PM
TsaiCo
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bkrantz
Thanks, guys. Have to push a QuickJack higher on my list.
me too!!

been eyeballing this "quick jack", and searched for reviews that may direct defects or price offset, seems like a solid product.

I do need to reorganize the garage space before doing quick jack (I got bikes and cars going on...).....another project ahead...

Old 07-14-2018, 01:49 PM
TsaiCo
Racer

interesting mount, did you custom made that?

Old 07-14-2018, 03:14 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TsaiCo
interesting mount, did you custom made that?
Purchased this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0754NDNT8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0754NDNT8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then I took bits from various old vent mounts and cross fitted it to the ball and socket end piece of the Iottie. Works great.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:19 PM
TsaiCo
Racer

so, it is custom mount...I have the wireless charging iottie, works great, I had to buy the Rennline Mount to incorporate with iottie. iottie vent mount for recharge keep falling out of vent.

Purchased this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then I took bits from various old vent mounts and cross fitted it to the ball and socket end piece of the Iottie. Works great.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:01 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TsaiCo
so, it is custom mount...I have the wireless charging iottie, works great, I had to buy the Rennline Mount to incorporate with iottie. iottie vent mount for recharge keep falling out of vent.

The vent mount bits I used is solid and will not slip off, similar to what is pictured - notice how tabs hook completely around the vent slat. You can find them on ebay for a few bucks, you just have to make sure that the ball fits the iotti socket
Old 07-21-2018, 08:23 AM
jsaviano
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very minor - finally purchased the official Porsche windshield sunshade, for the rare times when the car has to sit parked in the sun! Expensive (relatively) but very well made, of course.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:32 AM
Lambomike58
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Added DB Carbon door linings, MA Carbon PDK shifter center console surround, carbon Fiber dash trim, Rennline phone mount, black splash guards

Old 07-21-2018, 12:27 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

I did a wireless magnetic charger which combines the best of the concepts above.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:21 AM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

Stealthpilot, more details please!
Old 07-22-2018, 07:41 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Installed Function-First shift **** and shaft. Also bought a silver **** which I intend to paint Carmine Red and fill the engraving with semi gloss black. Luka at Function-First was an absolute pleasure to work with.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:09 PM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
Installed Function-First shift **** and shaft. Also bought a silver **** which I intend to paint Carmine Red and fill the engraving with semi gloss black. Luka at Function-First was an absolute pleasure to work with.

looks good! Just ordered one myself. How much height adjustability is there? Yours looks a little low for my tastes but could also be the photo angle. I’m hoping for a little below stock height and also have the numeric racing SS to play with too.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:51 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87

looks good! Just ordered one myself. How much height adjustability is there? Yours looks a little low for my tastes but could also be the photo angle. I’m hoping for a little below stock height and also have the numeric racing SS to play with too.

Thanks! There is 1/2” of height adjustment and mine is at the lowest setting. According to their website, this shaft is adjustable +/- 0.25” from stock height, and mine is set at the lowest setting, 1/4” lower than standard which is not much, so probably the camera angle makes it look too short. I do like it there but may tinker with it some. Installing it was easy. One tip, start the set screws in their holes before you start the mounting process. Dumba** me didn’t do that and one of the set screws dropped in the tunnel and it took me close to an hour to locate it and then fish it out with a magnet. Another good idea is to put a microfiber towel (which I didn’t do) over the opening so if you do drop something it is easily retrievable.

Other folks have pointed out that the **** can get very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. For the summer I plan to drape a microfiber towel over it when it’s parked outside. For winter I guess it’s gloves. One last thing, I really do like the increased weight of the shifter and the size of the shift ****.

Last edited by flickroll; 07-23-2018 at 12:06 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 991 today thread