Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 04:15 PM
TheEngineer
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brett987
I picked up my 991.2 Cabriolet today. It is much better than I anticipated.

The Sport Chrono package very worthwhile- the Sport Response button was exceptionally useful in passing other cars on 2 lane roads.

One feature that surprised me was the 'g-force' meter. It constantly gauges the g-force applied to your body while driving. Very cool.

I opted for the Sport Exhaust package as well. Its really amazing and I recommend it.
The g-meter also records peak forces; adds a new dimension to on-ramps:

Old 04-02-2016, 04:57 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
Sounds like you should get it in the second half of May. Correct?
I would guess but have to check with the dealer. He told me April 22nd but perhaps he meant May.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:00 PM
LCW
Pro

For reference, once it boarded a ship in Emden, my car was at sea for 11 days to Jacksonville,FL. You have to consider that ships don't sail every day, so my car sat in Emden for about a week. The same ship will stop on the east coast, offload for a day or so and then leave towards the west coast via the Panama Canal...so my guess is 20 days to reach a port on the west coast, then it's a few days worth for the port PDI, and the finally on a truck to your dealer. I feel your pain of the wait... Good luck.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:38 PM
arlan in arizona
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LCW
For reference, once it boarded a ship in Emden, my car was at sea for 11 days to Jacksonville,FL. You have to consider that ships don't sail every day, so my car sat in Emden for about a week. The same ship will stop on the east coast, offload for a day or so and then leave towards the west coast via the Panama Canal...so my guess is 20 days to reach a port on the west coast, then it's a few days worth for the port PDI, and the finally on a truck to your dealer. I feel your pain of the wait... Good luck.
That is a pretty accurate description. The time frames all real close. My car hit port in San Diego on a Friday after a little over a month at sea. I took deliver the next Friday. Yesterday in fact.

It seems like a long time while you are waiting and not so long after your PDI is finished.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:16 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My car was built Feb.19th and left Emden Feb.29th. The ship went to England then crossed the Atlantic and unloaded my car on March 15th in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The car arrived in Ottawa, ON yesterday, April 1st.

After leaving Halifax, the ship will make at least two more stops along the eastern seaboard before it enters the Panama Canal.

It is a long, long voyage from Germany to Washington. Fortunately, the car is worth the wait.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:22 PM
arlan in arizona
Racer

So, after the long wait. December 9th to April 1st. Here is what I ended up with. Nice car but I have other nice cars so this one will have to go on me.

I'm afraid it wasn't love at first drive.
Attached Images  
Old 04-02-2016, 11:25 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by arlan in arizona
So, after the long wait. December 9th to April 1st. Here is what I ended up with. Nice car but I have other nice cars so this one will have to go on me.

I'm afraid it wasn't love at first drive.
The GT Silver and options look stunning! Like the wheels and sport mirrors too

What are your driving impressions?? Have to grow on you?
Old 04-02-2016, 11:58 PM
arlan in arizona
Racer

Originally Posted by STG991
The GT Silver and options look stunning! Like the wheels and sport mirrors too

What are your driving impressions?? Have to grow on you?
Hey George,

Yeah, I guess it will have to grow on me some. I need to get used to the car. It is way fast. Perhaps I am just being paranoid as I don't have my radar detector installed yet.

I left our housing tract this afternoon to go to town. I was driving at a pretty good clip and a black SUV was behind me. Not quite on my tail but close. I was wondering if it was one of the 4 cops that live in the development. When I got to the stop sign to turn left the car pulled behind me and turned right.

It was an one of the senior citizens that live out here. An older blue hair woman with a poodle cut.

I can't believe I just told this story. Ouch! Good for her.

So anyway. Yes it is a very nice car. Not sure what to do about the brake dust yet. Time to search the forum and see what pads are recommenced.

In the photo the car is filthy. It doesn't show but it is.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:44 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The Jasper Arrow makes Port in Houston tomorrow and then on to Chicago.
Long wait since January!
BTW purchase a set of 'Wheel Woolies' for wheel cleaning and leave the stock pads.
Porsche stock pads works great street or track for me.
Pads are an ablative material and must produce dust to function correctly.-Richard
Old 04-03-2016, 09:47 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

"One feature that surprised me was the 'g-force' meter. It constantly gauges the g-force applied to your body while driving. Very cool. "

The meter is a consequence of the accelerometers that are installed to produce inputs for the PDK, PSM and who knows what other systems.
Simple to then use the output for a oretty display.-Richard
Old 04-03-2016, 11:03 AM
arlan in arizona
Racer

Originally Posted by budrichard
The Jasper Arrow makes Port in Houston tomorrow and then on to Chicago.
Long wait since January!
BTW purchase a set of 'Wheel Woolies' for wheel cleaning and leave the stock pads.
Porsche stock pads works great street or track for me.
Pads are an ablative material and must produce dust to function correctly.-Richard
Thanks, I have a set of Wheel Woolies I will be using.

In the summer it gets so hot here I am not sure how I will be able to wash. The car starts drying at one end before you get the other end rinsed.

I will most likely end up buying of the the Di-ionized water systems. What's another few hundred bucks.

Today I am pulling my wheels and tires off and giving them a good polymer coating. Cleaning will be a bit easier after than. I really don't understand why my wife's Mini Cooper doesn't have nearly the amount of brake dust I have.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:06 AM
arlan in arizona
Racer

Back to topic.

I bet we start seeing new cars show up here really soon.

You guys excited?
Old 04-03-2016, 04:22 PM
LCW
Pro

Beyond excited!!

My car is en route to PEC Atlanta where I will take delivery in three weeks. I'm very excited about both the car and the PEC delivery....
Old 04-03-2016, 10:47 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Refresher

Last edited by STG; 04-03-2016 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:11 PM
Norsk
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Another Waiter

Just sold my 997.1 and ordered a 991.2 S. Should arrive in June. Decided to get PDK/Sport Chrono versus the 7 speed...hope that was a good decision. Also chose the Graphite Blue as a leap of faith, as I haven't seen it yet in person.

Going to hang out here and learn about all the new stuff in the PCM, etc.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!