Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 04:38 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by good2go
Thanks so much. That is very helpful. Really appreciate it.

God bless,
TT
Old 10-12-2018, 04:47 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by good2go
What did you order?
Sounds like you received a awesome schedule.
My Build...

I am sure it was your Racing Yellow Seat Belts that set you behind... You are probably right on the Power Kit. Will be sweet and worth it in the end, though! Beautiful car, Mano!

I have been working with my local crew on this since July... We all know the wait sucks, but how lucky are we to spec and have built our own thing? So psyched for this! Like everyone, my dates have shifted a bit, but not too bad so far. I was originally going to do ED, but the dates didn't work out and I am probably glad I didn't have to deal with winter driving in the passes there in the end, honestly. Not to mention, that also gets me the car home about a month earlier as well. I think I may just be lucky on my sched as I ordered one of these "Bargain Basement GT Wannabe Cars That Are Porsche's Marketing Hype Excuse To Just Sell More Base Autos..." Please note the use of Sarcasm Font...
Old 10-12-2018, 06:47 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 554 Likes on 335 Posts

FYI, there are issues with availability of European Porsches, including the 911, to the point that the German Porsche web site produces a warning after configuring a 911, more or less saying that the vehicle isn't available as freely-configured model(?!).

This is likely due to the new emission standards that took effect 9/01 for the European models, these conditions may be affecting US models as well, accelerating or delaying build dates, not sure (if they aren't building the Euro models, maybe the US models will be pushed up).

I will check with my SA towards the end of the month to see if there are any updates on my order (11/23 for the actual assembly).
Old 10-12-2018, 07:34 PM
medias116
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shap96

Interior pics?
Here are a few ... somehow the mobile browser isnt letting me upload easily

Quick observations on the interior:
- illuminated sils are an incredible touch ... makes it very special just when you are getting into your favorite place
- sport-Tex Sears are the best and I would not order anything else ever
- the guards red dials, chrono and seat belts go perfectly with carmine red exterior (I wasn’t sure since I had enever seen them in person all together)
Old 10-12-2018, 09:12 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts

The more I look at the 991.2 interior compared to the 992 the more I like it.

Congrats
Old 10-12-2018, 09:21 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by S S
Locked down yesterday...

I think a one day build is a little ambitious/will change, but am hopeful this will get her to Emden in time for the Siem Cicero or Delhi Highway boats leaving on 5 and 8 November, respectively. Wish me luck as that would bode well for a near Thanksgiving vice near Christmas delivery... Some of you other cats in the wait pile might be interested in a look at the attached as well. Have a great weekend, everyone!

S
Actually the body shop takes the longest.

The entire care is assembled in a few hours. P builds 18-20 GT3s a Day

Old 10-12-2018, 10:07 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Old 10-13-2018, 03:39 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Cyber: Thanks very much for all the vids (Except for Mr Schmee's... Don't feed the Trolls... Literally!) Seen them all and been to Zuff. It's a throughput and Economy of Scale thing. I know they COULD build my car in a matter of hours. But I somehow think the other 100ish they are also pushing through might get in the way.... We'll see! Part of the fun...

(BSO: Thanks also for the word on the emissions stuff. Knew that was affecting production, but had no idea it would impact 'murican buggies.)

On that note, a trip to Zuffenhausen and the museum is a truly incredible experience if you are a car person. Can't highly recommend it enough! It made me a P car guy for life.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:25 PM
medias116
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
The more I look at the 991.2 interior compared to the 992 the more I like it.

Congrats
absolutely - I loooove the ‘analog’ interior of the .2 ... Real buttons, real gauges!
Old 10-13-2018, 08:39 PM
slocumda@yahoo.com
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts
Default The Wait Is Over!

I picked up my 4GTS to day with my son Alex from Porsche Silver Spring in Maryland. They have been top notch from the word go. Casey Parkin helped me configure a spectacular car while Kevin helped me understand many of the details of exactly what the car can do and suggested the clear side markers which were installed Gratis. They gave a great price on my trade in and sold it to a very happy customer. I've posted some of these pictures previously but I hope some of you who have not seem them will like seeing them just the same. For those waiting, In every way it's worth it. This is a guards red car, some photos might suggest otherwise.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:59 PM
medias116
Advanced

Originally Posted by slocumda@yahoo.com
I picked up my 4GTS to day with my son Alex from Porsche Silver Spring in Maryland. They have been top notch from the word go. Casey Parkin helped me configure a spectacular car while Kevin helped me understand many of the details of exactly what the car can do and suggested the clear side markers which were installed Gratis. They gave a great price on my trade in and sold it to a very happy customer. I've posted some of these pictures previously but I hope some of you who have not seem them will like seeing them just the same. For those waiting, In every way it's worth it. This is a guards red car, some photos might suggest otherwise.

cingrats!! Beautiful build it seems with the red dials, manual etc!
Old 10-15-2018, 01:55 PM
GTS01
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

received an allocation for a 2019 911 Carrera GTS in May. The GT Silver Metallic GTS is configured with PDK, Porsche Sport Suspension, Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control, AWS, GTS interior package,front lift, Burmester sound system, black door handles, lane change assist, etc. I was to have taken delivery in late November, but Porsche accelerated their production schedule for the car, and it is being delivered in around a week and a half to Davisville, Rhode Island--very excited about this new addition!

Edit Quote Multi
Old 10-15-2018, 02:06 PM
slocumda@yahoo.com
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

You are going to love the Burmester sound system! It is so beautifully amplified and at higher volume there is no distortion, you can hear fully all instrumentation and vocals. Your spec sounds great and you'll also be surprised how good the door handles look as well. Send some pictures please.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:14 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Everyone getting earlier, and mine gets pushed back. just my luck. Was originally going to complete on 9/28. This is the latest

Old 10-16-2018, 10:20 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJG911
Everyone getting earlier, and mine gets pushed back. just my luck. Was originally going to complete on 9/28. This is the latest

Not to worry it will move left, keep an eye on it

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!