Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 03:29 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by 09RedGTS

My guess is the price is a dealer mistake. Clean Carfax! Put a deposit on this one today if half interested!

It says right on the CarFax that there was an accident. Not sure what you're looking at??

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...AB2A98FS124666

So a hit on the rear. Details?? Who knows? More info would be better. I guess the accident is factored into the price. Mileage a bit on the higher side. To get another comparable GTS, you'd spend another $10K or so. Accident worth a $10K savings?? Not for me.

Would need to have someone take off the rear bumper and inspect for further damage.

http://admin.trueframereport.com/report.php

Same price on their website. Found nothing negative about this dealer.

http://www.cotroneoautogroup.com/web...exas/32087398/

Last edited by STG; 08-07-2016 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-07-2016, 04:26 PM
STG
Race Director

Here's what $105K gets you on a low mileage CPO GTS.

http://www.porscheofhuntington.com/u...s_coupe-u1841/

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...AB2A92FS125084

Last edited by STG; 08-07-2016 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:24 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 452 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
That is a sweet deal for a CPO from a dealer.
I did jump the gun on the Red GTS. It looks like only a bumper cover was replaced and the True Frame report is perfect. But in the maintenance history there were two alignment attempts and tire balancings. That raises questions.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:55 PM
77tony
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts

That carfax report will follow that car around forever and be a bit tougher to sell later. Sunroof delete car above looks nice. T
Old 08-07-2016, 10:02 PM
FourFourTwo
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Rhodium GTS price probably reflects days on market, wrong wheels for GTS, no sunroof, etc. Some nice options. Some bad choices on a custom build.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:26 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 422 Likes on 244 Posts

Did anyone happen to reach out on this car?

Originally Posted by ctporsche
I agree, especially that GTS is max 911 available with 7mt (no PDK for me).

Thx, STG for your quick response to my question re: the carmine red GTS.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:53 PM
STG
Race Director

HEY!!

Anyone ever see this website??

http://vin.place/index.php#VIN

Put a VIN in and get owners name. Might be good if looking at a one owner car and want to contact the previous owner?? Might be intrusive a bit though.

I'm the second owner of my car, but my name doesn't come up. The original owners name does.

Try it out guys and let me know what your searches reveal.

Holy shi* ..... Did the name search with my name, and two previous car purchases show up with my home address and mobile phone #!! Cars that were brand new and I was the first owner.

Scary. So anyone can grab a VIN off a car outside somewhere and potentially get the owners personal info??

Yeah, these days nothing is safe. The reason why I'm not on Facebutt, Twitter, or whatever. I don't need to broadcast my life to everyone with Internet access. What next, live cams to people's living rooms??

Rennlist is my outlet of choice. Just because of the car hobby. I've even questioned this many times and wondered if it's a waste of time.

Last edited by STG; 08-07-2016 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:44 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
HEY!!

Put a VIN in and get owners name. Might be good if looking at a one owner car and want to contact the previous owner?? Might be intrusive a bit though.

I'm the second owner of my car, but my name doesn't come up. The original owners name does.

Holy shi* ..... Did the name search with my name, and two previous car purchases show up with my home address and mobile phone #!! Cars that were brand new and I was the first owner.

Scary. So anyone can grab a VIN off a car outside somewhere and potentially get the owners personal info??

Yeah, these days nothing is safe. The reason why I'm not on Facebutt, Twitter, or whatever. I don't need to broadcast my life to everyone with Internet access. What next, live cams to people's living rooms??

Rennlist is my outlet of choice. Just because of the car hobby. I've even questioned this many times and wondered if it's a waste of time.
Not being on facebook doesn't buy you anything if anybody who has you in their contacts has ever accepted the facebook mobile app's permissions, which include snarfing the contacts.

In any case, three cheers to leasing. I'm clean
Old 08-07-2016, 11:56 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by squid42
Not being on facebook doesn't buy you anything if anybody who has you in their contacts has ever accepted the facebook mobile app's permissions, which include snarfing the contacts.

In any case, three cheers to leasing. I'm clean

Seriously?? Facebook app invades ones contacts?

Boy I HATE Facebook with a vengeance.

Anyway .... Any VIN look up finds on that website?
Old 08-08-2016, 12:04 AM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Seriously?? Facebook app invades ones contacts?

Boy I HATE Facebook with a vengeance.

Anyway .... Any VIN look up finds on that website?
Facebook's business is to model the social graph. Of every person on the planet that is on the internet.

Some VINs worked, which includes allowing me to map some forum member aliases to names if they are selling a 1-owner car.

The cases where it doesn't work probably have a good chunk of leases.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:46 AM
ArthurVandalay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Three former cars. Two different former addresses. Nothing current- yet. Probably now that I searched its updating the current available info for me. I care, but at the end of the day oh well. If someone wants to really do bad. They will.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:41 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 691 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
HEY!!

Yikes! Came up with previous owner's name, address and phone number. For a search on my name, it came up with my address and my two previous cars that I bought new (and still have).
Old 08-08-2016, 10:55 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Hurricane
Yikes! Came up with previous owner's name, address and phone number. For a search on my name, it came up with my address and my two previous cars that I bought new (and still have).

So far seems to have original owners names only if doing a VIN search. Same with name search. Nothing on second owners, etc.

Haven't searched other than a few, but seems to be the case. I put in a few celebrity names and got some legitimate hits too.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:03 AM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 331 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
So far seems to have original owners names only if doing a VIN search. Same with name search. Nothing on second owners, etc.

Haven't searched other than a few, but seems to be the case. I put in a few celebrity names and got some legitimate hits too.
I was the 2nd owner of my previous car, and if I enter that VIN, only my info pops up. No info on the first owner.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:21 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Fasttr
I was the 2nd owner of my previous car, and if I enter that VIN, only my info pops up. No info on the first owner.
Interesting. Thanks

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991