Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 08:09 PM
Ivyplaya01
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Chesters911
So I was mistaken. Ivyplaya01 is not who bought the car. I'll update later today.
Not sure about what's next. The hunt begins
lol, got a good chuckle reading these posts. Buying it would have been news to me. Wish I had been so lucky. Congrats on the sale chesters911
Old 11-20-2019, 06:31 AM
spraguedawley
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Ivyplaya01
this actually just happened to me. Negotiated the price on the following Turbo S, clean Carfax, CPO from a reportedly reputable Porsche dealer. I was negotiating this as a non local purchase. They explicitly told me that there was no history of damage to vehicle and other than a couple minor scratches was pristine with amazing records and service history. The day of signing and completing the deal (this past Friday), the business manager decided to call me to tell me that they’ve decided to not certify the vehicle. And they also decided to disclose that the car had previous unibody damage repair completed to the left rear panel/section. They knew this all along (the bought the car back from one of their longtime customers a month after the damage occurred- according to a Porsche GM connection that I have) and strung me along till the final day of purchase. I had already sold my S5 in lieu of purchase and shipping this vehicle. They were unwilling to work out any sort of cost concessions, and basically said take it or leave it, despite the fact I had spent hours working on this transaction, sold my 2018 S5 for below market value to purchase this Porsche. Absolutely no integrity whatsoever. And guess what, the vehicle is still listed on their website for sale without any mention of damage. They just removed it from their CPO inventory list today at least.

Unfortunately even Porsche dealers can’t be trusted these days. My trust level in Porsche has sunk to new lows. I will be addressing this poor experience with Porsche NA

Buyer beware:
https://www.porschecharleston.com/in...ad2a99es166143
I was going to say that the price should be a red flag, but then I saw the interior. Thanks for posting this though. It's a real eye opener and will cause me to be much more vigilant when buying in the future.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:19 AM
Chesters911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Bye to the 991

So l I sold my 991 and the transport came Monday night. I'm missing the car and 2nd guessing my decision to sell. The car is a great build and a bit of a unicorn (Aqua Blue '13 c2s with x51, manual, sunroof delete, PDCC, PASM options). I found the car on HFS in Nov of 16 (11/18/16). Called the dealer in Maryland and threw down the deposit in 5 minutes before anyone else could do so. It was being cleaned when I called and didn't actually ever get listed for sale when I bought it. Fun conversation on HFS around the car. Good news is the car is still in great condition (28k miles), and is headed to Boston to a really cool buyer and will be enjoyed! Now the hunt begins for what is next.

Sorry Ivyplaya01. I don't know why I thought you were the buyer. The second I posted yesterday I realized it and pulled the post down. A few pics of the car....

Old 11-20-2019, 11:14 AM
ajeffrey10
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Chesters911
So l I sold my 991 and the transport came Monday night. I'm missing the car and 2nd guessing my decision to sell. The car is a great build and a bit of a unicorn (Aqua Blue '13 c2s with x51, manual, sunroof delete, PDCC, PASM options). I found the car on HFS in Nov of 16 (11/18/16). Called the dealer in Maryland and threw down the deposit in 5 minutes before anyone else could do so. It was being cleaned when I called and didn't actually ever get listed for sale when I bought it. Fun conversation on HFS around the car. Good news is the car is still in great condition (28k miles), and is headed to Boston to a really cool buyer and will be enjoyed! Now the hunt begins for what is next.

Sorry Ivyplaya01. I don't know why I thought you were the buyer. The second I posted yesterday I realized it and pulled the post down. A few pics of the car....

Nice car! Love the leather interior.

Out of curiosity, what did you get for her?
Old 11-20-2019, 11:25 AM
Ivyplaya01
Rennlist Member

Gorgeous! Congrats on sale. I should have jumped on it myself. I’m working on completing a deal for an HFS 2013 black on black c2s also with powerkit, cup Aerokit, pccb, hopefully will complete sale This Friday and I’ll post pics and info.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:03 PM
passat774
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by spraguedawley
I was going to say that the price should be a red flag, but then I saw the interior. Thanks for posting this though. It's a real eye opener and will cause me to be much more vigilant when buying in the future.
this actually just happened to me. Negotiated the price on the following Turbo S, clean Carfax, CPO from a reportedly reputable Porsche dealer. I was negotiating this as a non local purchase. They explicitly told me that there was no history of damage to vehicle and other than a couple minor scratches was pristine with amazing records and service history. The day of signing and completing the deal (this past Friday), the business manager decided to call me to tell me that they’ve decided to not certify the vehicle. And they also decided to disclose that the car had previous unibody damage repair completed to the left rear panel/section. They knew this all along (the bought the car back from one of their longtime customers a month after the damage occurred- according to a Porsche GM connection that I have) and strung me along till the final day of purchase. I had already sold my S5 in lieu of purchase and shipping this vehicle. They were unwilling to work out any sort of cost concessions, and basically said take it or leave it, despite the fact I had spent hours working on this transaction, sold my 2018 S5 for below market value to purchase this Porsche. Absolutely no integrity whatsoever. And guess what, the vehicle is still listed on their website for sale without any mention of damage. They just removed it from their CPO inventory list today at least.

Unfortunately even Porsche dealers can’t be trusted these days. My trust level in Porsche has sunk to new lows. I will be addressing this poor experience with Porsche NA

Buyer beware:
https://www.porschecharleston.com/in...ad2a99es166143

I checked the vin on Vin Free Check and found;

08/22/2019 -Damage Report (CHARLESTON, SC)

ACCIDENT OR COLLISION REPORTEDVEHICLE DAMAGE REPORTEDBODY REPAIR PERFORMED

I am amazed a free site was able to pick up that information!
Old 11-20-2019, 10:40 PM
Ivyplaya01
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by passat774
I checked the vin on Vin Free Check and found;

08/22/2019 -Damage Report (CHARLESTON, SC)

ACCIDENT OR COLLISION REPORTEDVEHICLE DAMAGE REPORTEDBODY REPAIR PERFORMED

I am amazed a free site was able to pick up that information!
whats even more interesting is that the dealer sent me the repair records totaling $8k of body, tire, glass, wheel repair. Even the back window had to be replaced. And the repair is from 2015, that the dealer’s own repair shop completed (baker auto). So does that mean it’s had two accidents? Or they waited 4 years to disclose the damage when they tried to certify it? All kinds of shadiness is going on with this car. I really wish they would have been up front and honest about the repair from beginning and I would be much more comfortable considering the car.

it’s beautiful in pictures. I unfortunately can’t risk buying it without seeing in person and driving it and having it independently inspected. Too much work to do from afar (I live in Ohio and dont have time with my physician job to fly down). It’s a bummer because they have been willing to come down in price from their asking $109k number and willing to throw in a Porsche platinum warranty since they are declining to CPO it. Could be a great deal for someone who lives in Charleston area that can inspect and drive it.

And for what it’s worth, I love the two toned red interior. I wouldn’t buy a black turbo s without it.

so, it could be a major HFS, or could be a hot potato.
Anyone want to take a gamble and find out?
Old 11-21-2019, 04:43 AM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 88 Posts

PTS Fashion Gray MANUAL 991.2 GTS

Hey guys I just wanted to mention that I just saw this really sweet PTS Fashion Gray manual 991.2 GTS for sale.

It's listed on Autotrader https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...CarId=1feb5f72
Car is local to me and it is pristine and the dealer is great to work with.
If I didn't have my T I would seriously be looking at this car.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:24 AM
Shanh81
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut

Hey guys I just wanted to mention that I just saw this really sweet PTS Fashion Gray manual 991.2 GTS for sale.

former rennslist members car

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1157366
Old 11-21-2019, 08:42 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut

I read the ad and no mention that the dealer is the 2nd owner. "His personal car", Is $117,000 a HFS price?
Old 11-21-2019, 11:15 AM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
I read the ad and no mention that the dealer is the 2nd owner. "His personal car", Is $117,000 a HFS price?
It would appear he traded it to the selling dealer after unsuccessfully selling it.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:17 PM
Josh(PA)
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry991
The cab on BAT brought $76k plus $5k commission so buyer paid around $81k.
Anybody know who it was that won it? I was the other bidder (dropped out at 74,991). I wanted to catch up with the winner and get a feel for how long they were thinking of owning it. I'm slowly searching for the 'right' 911 cab or 981 gts. That one on BAT was the 'most right' car I've seen. If they are serial car swappers, I'd happily sit on my BMWs for another 6 months and hope they take good care of it for me.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:21 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,021 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Also appears to have lifted word for word the Rennlist ad and put in the Autotrader one. I can't believe a car dealership would do something sketchy like that
Old 11-24-2019, 12:27 AM
Ivyplaya01
Rennlist Member

Default Another successful HFS 991 purchase

I’m excited to say I pulled the trigger and completed purchase of a 2013 c2s that was previously listed here on hfs back in 2015/2016. After selling my 997 targa 4s back in 2012, and a detour into Audi ownership for several years, I’m back to Porsche ownership. Long overdue. Although the S5 Sportback was a joy to own for the past year.

Black On Black, C2S with x51 powerkit package, cup aerokit, pccb, sport plus, full leather and carbon fiber interior, yellow accents, Burmester audio. Crazy extensive build. And thanks to a fellow rennlister windblow, I have some fantastic Carrera sport IIIs platinum satin wheels with snow tires on it now ready for winter time use in Ohio.

I’ll post pics as soon as I can. so excited.

The following users liked this post:
kilster (11-24-2019)
Old 11-24-2019, 12:55 AM
sr5959
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts

I’m excited to say I pulled the trigger and completed purchase of a 2013 c2s that was previously listed here on hfs back in 2015/2016. After selling my 997 targa 4s back in 2012, and a detour into Audi ownership for several years, I’m back to Porsche ownership. Long overdue. Although the S5 Sportback was a joy to own for the past year.

Black On Black, C2S with x51 powerkit package, cup aerokit, pccb, sport plus, full leather and carbon fiber interior, yellow accents, Burmester audio. Crazy extensive build. And thanks to a fellow rennlister windblow, I have some fantastic Carrera sport IIIs platinum satin wheels with snow tires on it now ready for winter time use in Ohio.

I’ll post pics as soon as I can. so excited.
Congratulations, sounds awesome! Looking forward to the pics!

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991