Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 10:12 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

All is can say, is that you guys who found cars over the last 1-2 years consider yourselves lucky. Not a great buyers market out there. Slim pickings and prices reflecting that.

The inventory of pre-owned 991.1 S/4S's is the lowest I've seen in the last couple years.

Cars will come up, but DO NOT hesitate if the right one at the right price comes along.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:41 AM
mchu168
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STG
All is can say, is that you guys who found cars over the last 1-2 years consider yourselves lucky. Not a great buyers market out there. Slim pickings and prices reflecting that.

The inventory of pre-owned 991.1 S/4S's is the lowest I've seen in the last couple years.

Cars will come up, but DO NOT hesitate if the right one at the right price comes along.
I'm one the folks out there waiting for the right car to buy. Any thoughts on whether prices for '14-'16 cars will soften as the '18's start to be delivered? With used prices approaching new car prices, particularly given performance from a 991.2 base C2 comes close to that of a 991.1 C2S, I'm temped to buy a new one even if it means taking a larger depreciation hit in year 1-2.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:48 AM
mattyf
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Thanks for the post!

I'd say great find if you like the color combo.

With a CPO, clean history with one owner, and these options, a BUY at this price. This build is NOT EASY to find. I think the price is great. If it had a black interior would be GONE in days. This might sit a while.

They do have it incorrectly listed as GT Silver. It's Platinum Silver.

Attachment 1160083

WP0AB2A94CS121937
So much for sitting a while as they already have a deposit on it. This is the 3rd car I've emailed immediately after it showed up on the Porsche site only to have it already have a deposit on it. Oh well.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:52 AM
mattyf
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
Don't worry, I wouldn't have posted it if I was going to move on it!

...and Warwick RI is quite possibly one of the FARTHEST Porsche dealers from Pasadena in the US

Try to get them to throw in the 3,000 mile cross country shipping and lock it up!
i actually had already emailed them before you posted, but alas it wasn't meant to be. I agree it's about as far away as possible. Bought my last 911 in upper Washington and road tripped it home. It was a great way to get to know the car and see the coast. RI is a lot further, but still sounds like a fun trip.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:59 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by mchu168
I'm one the folks out there waiting for the right car to buy. Any thoughts on whether prices for '14-'16 cars will soften as the '18's start to be delivered? With used prices approaching new car prices, particularly given performance from a 991.2 base C2 comes close to that of a 991.1 C2S, I'm temped to buy a new one even if it means taking a larger depreciation hit in year 1-2.

There is a reason why the 991.1 is so desirable. Many factors at play here, but you haven't been following long enough to figure it out ....

There will be 991.1 cars come up for sale that are BUYS. Be patient everyone.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:04 AM
riozilla
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at picking up this 2014 991 base model today (CPO).

What do you guys think of the price and what I should offer?

https://www.thecollectionporschemiam...tallic+1168875
Old 04-29-2017, 11:12 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by riozilla
Looking at picking up this 2014 991 base model today (CPO).

What do you guys think of the price and what I should offer?

https://www.thecollectionporschemiam...tallic+1168875

For 31K miles and low optioned, overpriced. What is MSRP?

I've never seen a deal from a Miami Porsche dealer. One step down from buying in Los Angeles.

What happened to the "Carrera" badge?

Riozilla, where have you been?? Haven't seen you around forever.

Attachment 1160177Attachment 1160176
Old 04-29-2017, 11:16 AM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 305 Likes on 184 Posts

You need to drive both versions, to decide if you have a real preference between the two. Most on this thread would rather take the bus than buy a .2. I was not one of them (flame suit on). I was sure that a .1 would wind up in my garage, until the shopping started, slim pickings for the .1 became apparent and then there was my trade. Site unseen, I was getting depressing values for my trade, so working with a dealer 500 miles was not going to work. Also, I'm a big fan of seeing and touching a car that I'm going to buy. I had a rough time with the concept of trusting the guys on the other end. However, the satisfaction of the HFS Alumni seems to be very good.

I drove a .2 base and loved it. Yes, it was quieter than any .1S I've tested and probably felt as powerful. The price difference for me to get into a new .2 base was about 10-12k over a 3-4 year old .1S. I was able to justify that difference pretty easily to go new.

The dealer I used also sold me my Cayenne and 2 Audis, so we have a history. He took my trade a month ago, and it's still sitting on his lot. Don't fool yourself though. The base .2s are not plentiful and I could not get an allocation to order a car.

Take a hard, objective look at the .2. It has some nice updates to the .1, but it is a different breed. I'm very happy with my car, it has all the power I need to put my drivers license in real jeopardy and I love how it drives.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:19 AM
mchu168
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STG
There is a reason why the 991.1 is so desirable. Many factors at play here, but you haven't been following long enough to figure it out ....

There will be 991.1 cars come up for sale that are BUYS. Be patient everyone.
I get the NA part, but are there other factors?
Old 04-29-2017, 11:22 AM
STG
Race Director

I get the NA part, but are there other factors?

Everyone here is laser focused on the 991.1's. This isn't a 991.2 thread.

Yes, they prefer them over the .2's. The NA being the main reason.

Let's NOT turn this into a .1/.2 debate now. One can participate here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9859...w-991-2-a.html

Shopping for a 991.2, look here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9651...ed-deal-8.html

HFS Alumni happy 991.1 owners:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9671...r-buys-10.html
Old 04-29-2017, 11:33 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 856 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
You need to drive both versions, to decide if you have a real preference between the two. Most on this thread would rather take the bus than buy a .2. I was not one of them (flame suit on). I was sure that a .1 would wind up in my garage, until the shopping started, slim pickings for the .1 became apparent and then there was my trade. Site unseen, I was getting depressing values for my trade, so working with a dealer 500 miles was not going to work. Also, I'm a big fan of seeing and touching a car that I'm going to buy. I had a rough time with the concept of trusting the guys on the other end. However, the satisfaction of the HFS Alumni seems to be very good.

I drove a .2 base and loved it. Yes, it was quieter than any .1S I've tested and probably felt as powerful. The price difference for me to get into a new .2 base was about 10-12k over a 3-4 year old .1S. I was able to justify that difference pretty easily to go new.

The dealer I used also sold me my Cayenne and 2 Audis, so we have a history. He took my trade a month ago, and it's still sitting on his lot. Don't fool yourself though. The base .2s are not plentiful and I could not get an allocation to order a car.

Take a hard, objective look at the .2. It has some nice updates to the .1, but it is a different breed. I'm very happy with my car, it has all the power I need to put my drivers license in real jeopardy and I love how it drives.
Hmm..not sure the depreciation hit vs the $10-12k is a realistic estimate. I've seen the new cars going for a bit more than the 991.1s out there. Lots of 991.2 on the dealers lots at least in my area (AZ) which was surprising. Seems like an equal blend of base Carreras and quite a bit of C4S's which am not sure if its due to dealer ordering preferences and/or allocations or what. BUT to pickup a new 991.2 S or C4S or even base as I wanted/would order it would be waay north of what I could get a 991.1 CPO car that I could live with (i.e. not with every option but enough of them to make it feasible and not have me hating the car). My 2013.5 991.1 Carrera S CPO'd was $72k when all was said and done for purchased last March 2016 and I can say an equally optioned 991.2 Carrera S was at least $25-30k north of that! Given the motor makes more torque down low all day vs my 991.1 and the new PCM 3.1 system is quite a bit better than the old one...but none of it was worth the price delta to move! Add in the new car "drive off the lot" depreciation that some are alluding too..and yep glad I made my move when I did and am happy with my car. Some things it did not have were easily added at cost by the dealer and installed afterwards (i.e. PSE controlled exhaust, clear bra, etc) and others took a bit of inginuity and asking (i.e. swap out for the glass moonroof from my steel sunroof) but otherwise the car drives great, looks great and still has 25k on the odometer and much more than that in my pocket!

But agree its a personal decision gents...still not sure the $$ match up...lets see what happens when the 992's arrive!
Old 04-29-2017, 11:36 AM
riozilla
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
For 31K miles and low optioned, overpriced. What is MSRP?

I've never seen a deal from a Miami Porsche dealer. One step down from buying in Los Angeles.

What happened to the "Carrera" badge?

Riozilla, where have you been?? Haven't seen you around forever.

Attachment 1160177Attachment 1160176
Thanks, it's actually for a friend but am buying on her behalf to help her out. Looks like the MSRP was $101,490

What do you think is a good price for her taking into account the CPO?

Took a hiatus, been slammed with work. But always good to be back here in the family/community!
Old 04-29-2017, 11:39 AM
STG
Race Director

^^^ haven't shopped the base model market much lately, so maybe someone who has can comment. I'd want to be in mid $60's from what I can see. From the pics, the condition of the car seems questionable too.

With a base model 991.1 search, I'm sure there are much better buys and much lower mileage.

In your neck of the woods. Check this out:

Attachment 1160180

https://bramanporsche.com/inventory/...tallic+1068596

$104K MSRP and CPO. Try for low $70's. Clean CarFax too.

Looks very clean from pics too. Tried to find something similar to what you had found.

Last edited by STG; 04-29-2017 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:53 AM
911seeker
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Agree regarding Miami. Two tips:
-I bought mine in Sarasota, they are more reasonable and the drive is not too long. Palm Beach is closer ant the price is also better than in Miami. Downside is in both cases less inventory and more focused in expensive builds...
-infinity of coral gables is a Bernie moreno dealership , this guys own plenti shops including Porsche of north Olmsted and various mercedes, and have access to pre-owned Porsches from those, maybe look at them as well, they are good guys
Good luck with your search
Old 04-29-2017, 12:05 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 305 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Hmm..not sure the depreciation hit vs the $10-12k is a realistic estimate. I've seen the new cars going for a bit more than the 991.1s out there. Lots of 991.2 on the dealers lots at least in my area (AZ) which was surprising. Seems like an equal blend of base Carreras and quite a bit of C4S's which am not sure if its due to dealer ordering preferences and/or allocations or what. BUT to pickup a new 991.2 S or C4S or even base as I wanted/would order it would be waay north of what I could get a 991.1 CPO car that I could live with (i.e. not with every option but enough of them to make it feasible and not have me hating the car). My 2013.5 991.1 Carrera S CPO'd was $72k when all was said and done for purchased last March 2016 and I can say an equally optioned 991.2 Carrera S was at least $25-30k north of that! Given the motor makes more torque down low all day vs my 991.1 and the new PCM 3.1 system is quite a bit better than the old one...but none of it was worth the price delta to move! Add in the new car "drive off the lot" depreciation that some are alluding too..and yep glad I made my move when I did and am happy with my car. Some things it did not have were easily added at cost by the dealer and installed afterwards (i.e. PSE controlled exhaust, clear bra, etc) and others took a bit of inginuity and asking (i.e. swap out for the glass moonroof from my steel sunroof) but otherwise the car drives great, looks great and still has 25k on the odometer and much more than that in my pocket!

But agree its a personal decision gents...still not sure the $$ match up...lets see what happens when the 992's arrive!
Oh, the depreciation will be a lot more than $12k for my .2. I was referring to the purchase price. Slim pickings here in the NY tri-state area for .1S. Last one I saw was in Greenwich CT. A '14 with about 11k miles on it for $90k. They price it, you pay it. Non-negotiable. I moved on.
.2 choices are a bit better.

Your car is awesome- well done.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991