Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS MODELS ARE ANNOUNCED!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 10:22 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

So far, everything we now know about the 991 GTS matches my previous predictions. We have some unanswered questions still, but my predictions remain as before. I believe the new GTS, like its predecessor, will have the full panoply of Carrera S options available. I also predict the options won't exceed what's available on the current S. So I think that the GT3 sport buckets will not appear on the GTS. Full leather interior, including cooled seats, will be. SPASM will be available, as will PDCC, LEDs, etc. A "GTS" interior, with black upholstery and red stitching, will be available. My only lingering question is "will I be able to get 5-bolt wheels instead of those @#$# center locks?

I learned to live with the center locks, sorta, on my 997.2 GTS but believe me, I don't want to go through that again. I gave away my 4' collapsing breaker bar and the special lube to a friend who has them on her GTS. I just don't want the hassles of dealing with those wheels again. I don't think it's a deal breaker, though.

If the prices on Jalopnik are correct (and I assume they are) the GTS base price ($114,200) is $3495 LESS than base 991S + X-51. Again, they brought this in at a price point that closely matches the previous GTS. Throw in the sport mirrors and PDLS which cost extra on the S and appear to be standard on the GTS, and you'll save another $1370 over a similar S. So - if you were going to order all those options on the S anyway (and I was!) it saves a total of $4865. Plus you get the unavailable on the S wide body with rwd; alcantara interior (a plus for me, anyway) and those @#$# center locks.

Everything is just what I've been expecting. I too am #1 on my dealer's list. I'm going to order it to match as closely as possible my white Panamera GTS.

DMoore
'13 991S
'13 970GTS

Last edited by DMoore; 10-07-2014 at 10:47 PM. Reason: to include pricing information
Old 10-07-2014, 10:29 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

I sorta just assumed it would have the 5 lugs as an option but centerlocks would be a deal breaker for me as well.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:31 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

What kind of discounts are you guys that are already on an order list getting?
Old 10-07-2014, 10:37 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I haven't discussed prices yet with my dealer. They always take good care of me. A little over a month ago I ordered a 2015 911S, but backed out a few days later when rumors began to fly about the GTS. They were giving me 7% off sticker on that car. I'm now #1 on their GTS list. My current lease expires in March so the timing works out quite nicely.

DMoore
'13 991S
'13 970GTS
Old 10-08-2014, 12:48 AM
drmatara
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
Hmmm, doesn't look any different than mine. Kind of disappointed. It's a 4s with sport design front end and black headlights with black tailpipes. Was hoping it would have a few more changes like the cayman GTS front end does. Seems to just be some package items grouped together for a little discount. I understand being excited for it if you don't already have a 991 but certainly not worth upgrading too. Just my 2 cents.
+1
Old 10-08-2014, 12:55 AM
ggreg911
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
Hmmm, doesn't look any different than mine. Kind of disappointed. It's a 4s with sport design front end and black headlights with black tailpipes. Was hoping it would have a few more changes like the cayman GTS front end does. Seems to just be some package items grouped together for a little discount. I understand being excited for it if you don't already have a 991 but certainly not worth upgrading too. Just my 2 cents.
+1
Totally agree! Nice option package...nothing more.

Turbo is my next move.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:08 AM
drmatara
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't like the rear grille...looks unfinished compared to the normal painted one
Old 10-08-2014, 01:11 AM
AWW100
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like the blacken headlights. If on a white car it will look like a panda.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:12 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for all the details, Larry.

I sensed some dislike for the 50th in this thread, so here I am to balance it out... I have so much love for the 50th. The styling. Everything. It's the most special Anniversary edition Porsche has come out with, so far. For me, the 50th is a keeper.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:27 AM
coxswain
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the blackened rear grille. It will look especially good with Black, Jet Black Metallic, or Agate Grey exterior color.

And I love the interior. In the photo, it looks as if the carbon fiber trim is included as standard. Or perhaps not? And the center storage compartment looks good with the combination of materials and the stitching.

Old 10-08-2014, 01:36 AM
espanolie
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

matte black center locking wheels look great
Old 10-08-2014, 01:38 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I always find it funny that the 40th is used as a point of reference by the doom & gloom merchants - why not the Jubi? At least that one had a wide body and special colour and so had more in common with 50th than 40th ever did - 996 just sucked and right now is the cheapest 911 you can buy and price of 40th reflects that.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:48 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DMoore
If the prices on Jalopnik are correct (and I assume they are) the GTS base price ($114,200) is $3495 LESS than base 991S + X-51. Again, they brought this in at a price point that closely matches the previous GTS. Throw in the sport mirrors and PDLS which cost extra on the S and appear to be standard on the GTS, and you'll save another $1370 over a similar S. So - if you were going to order all those options on the S anyway (and I was!) it saves a total of $4865. Plus you get the unavailable on the S wide body with rwd; alcantara interior (a plus for me, anyway) .........
DMoore
'13 991S
'13 970GTS
Wide body is truly a priceless option for those that aren't keen on the 4WD variant, it really adds to the road presence and visual stature of the car. Thought I point that out as I don't see anyone on here talk about it as an object of desire!
Old 10-08-2014, 01:49 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern

I sensed some dislike for the 50th in this thread, so here I am to balance it out... I have so much love for the 50th. The styling. Everything. It's the most special Anniversary edition Porsche has come out with, so far. For me, the 50th is a keeper.
I don't know why anyone would dislike the 50th. Its a lot easier to make an argument for the 50 being a special high-value retaining model than the GTS. They are similar in that both have X51, wide body, special interior materials, and wheels. (Which a lot of guys don't even like.) The 50 adds exclusive colors and trim, and totally ups the ante in being a one-off. There will be a GTS every time now. There will only ever be one 50.

Another thing I like about the 50, it doesn't try and be more than it is. Try and parse performance between the GTS, the 50, and any other decently optioned 991S, you are slicing it pretty thin. Yet slap "GTS" on the side and suddenly it "fills the gap" between the 991S and the GT3? Right. I mean, they are all good Porsches, but come on! You simply cannot fill that "gap" with Alcantara and center locks.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:13 AM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 337 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern

+1. The 50th produces many thumbs up and rolled-down windows to gawk and talk.

The Powerkit combined with PSE makes better sound than my Bose stereo. Having said that, I only wish that I had opted for PCCB and leather sheets (blue jean dye transfer on the cloth).

The GTS is a first cousin to the 50th without the limited edition badge. If Porsche moves away from NA engines (as rumored), they will be highly desirable in the not too distant future (especially the manuals). Great cars, both of them.

Quick Reply: GTS MODELS ARE ANNOUNCED!