Sponsored by:

991 50th anniversary model

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddhamonk
Anybody else notice how the Geyser Grey pictures show the car without the PASM front lip?
You're right! Good eye!
There are pics with and without the front lip on the Geysergrey car. As far as I know the car has standard that front lip, but I'm not 100% sure, because I ordered it with PASM, so that will always have the front lip. On the configurator it has it, regardless if you opt PASM or not.

Strange.....

[Sent from my iPad using Rennlist]
Old 06-06-2013, 11:55 AM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mac Anamourlis
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Been told my new car is built, it is a 2014 C2S and should arrive in country in under 2 months. The dealership is willing to take my build and sell it (decent spec, easy to sell) and re-allocate my deposit to the 911-50th, but the catch is it will be approximately 15% more expensive and I will likely only get delivery at the end of the year, or early next year.

I've already been waiting for my car since March (I wanted a 2014 model), and now if I take the new deal I'll have to wait another 5 months!

Would love some advice (I know, the decision can only be mine, but I respect the opinions here)
Tough one.

On the bright side, being in the southern hemisphere, you'd get the 50th ed. in the summer.

I'd literally do both and return the C2S for the best trade in I could get... but I'm single and childless and careless with my money. Especially when it comes to cars that bring me joy just looking that them.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:03 PM
MacAna
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
Tough one.

On the bright side, being in the southern hemisphere, you'd get the 50th ed. in the summer.

I'd literally do both and return the C2S for the best trade in I could get... but I'm single and childless and careless with my money. Especially when it comes to cars that bring me joy just looking that them.
That's exactly what I was thinking... but my sales guy at the dealership is advising me against it... says he cannot possibly guarantee I won't take a knock on the trade-in...

Problem is, I'm not childless and have to share my money with my better half
Old 06-06-2013, 12:46 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Originally Posted by Mac Anamourlis
That's exactly what I was thinking... but my sales guy at the dealership is advising me against it... says he cannot possibly guarantee I won't take a knock on the trade-in...

Problem is, I'm not childless and have to share my money with my better half
I that case, the C2S has the higher (JOY x TIME TO ENJOY) product ... you never know what can happen in 5 months.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:59 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Damn you and your avatar JohnyBahamas... Damn you to hell!

Name:  quagmire-strong-arm.jpg
Views: 3875
Size:  9.2 KB
Old 06-06-2013, 01:10 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Originally Posted by jlanka
Damn you and your avatar JohnyBahamas... Damn you to hell!

I know. But, resistance is futile.

To quote M. Gandhi, "Renounce and enjoy".

Last edited by JohnnyBahamas; 06-06-2013 at 01:55 PM. Reason: because spelling is futile, too
Old 06-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

What I find interesting if the lack of wait list for this car. I have a deposit in Bend OR (3 hours from where I live) and I am first on the list. I am also going to get on the waitlist in Portland OR (would be 3rd) and they get 2-3 allocations of the limited edition models.

Are people not getting this car because most already have a 991...or are waiting for the TT, TTS and GT3?
Old 06-06-2013, 04:29 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Originally Posted by Buddhamonk
What I find interesting if the lack of wait list for this car. I have a deposit in Bend OR (3 hours from where I live) and I am first on the list. I am also going to get on the waitlist in Portland OR (would be 3rd) and they get 2-3 allocations of the limited edition models.

Are people not getting this car because most already have a 991...or are waiting for the TT, TTS and GT3?
It might be because the new GT3 is even MORE gorgeous than the 50th ed.

I change my vote.

If you don't mind the PDK, then get the GT3.

Gorgeous machine.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Jerry991
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

The Sport Classic was a really cool car and I believe there were only 250 and only 3 are in the US. With 1963 being built the anniversary won't be that rare and you will have to keep the mileage really low for any chance of collectibility. I also understand that dealers aren't about to discount them while a significant discount is possible on most 911s other than perhaps the GT3. My conclusion is that buying the anniversary should be done only because you love the way it looks and is exactly what you want. Don't think of it as an investment and pay a whole bunch more because of that.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:31 PM
tcbrown
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. Do this because you love the package. I thought about the GT3 but I wasn't looking for a track car. The anniversary package is actually not bad when you look at the details of what is included.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:36 PM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
It might be because the new GT3 is even MORE gorgeous than the 50th ed.

I change my vote.

If you don't mind the PDK, then get the GT3.

Gorgeous machine.
To me, even the base 991 looks better than the GT3 as I don't like the boy-racer fixed wing.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by parkerfe
To me, even the base 991 looks better than the GT3 as I don't like the boy-racer fixed wing.
Boy-racer ? I never remember seeing a Porsche in any of the F&F movies.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:15 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Originally Posted by parkerfe
I hear ya'. I'm not a fan of the wing either but I over look it.

What really appeals to me are the front and rear fascias combined with angular rims.

Intense but not over done with a clean but menacing image.

If removing the wing wouldn't unbalance the car front to rear, then I'd replace it with something much more subtle.

As an example of intense AND overdone, IMHO, see the new Vette. They were SO CLOSE with the side view lines but the rear and the hood scope? Overdone. If they had just kept the rear and the hood clean....

This GT3? Nailed it.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:15 AM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Suzy991
You're right! Good eye!
There are pics with and without the front lip on the Geysergrey car. As far as I know the car has standard that front lip, but I'm not 100% sure, because I ordered it with PASM, so that will always have the front lip. On the configurator it has it, regardless if you opt PASM or not.

Strange.....

[Sent from my iPad using Rennlist]
Hi Suzy,

Congrats on the order. I saw your posts on 6so.

My dealer wants my build by the end of the month and I just can't tell if the SPASM front lip actually comes with the car if you only get the PASM standard. The reason I'm not sure is that while the pictures on the configurator show the lip regardless of the suspension set up, it is not listed as a standard option. My dealer wasn't much help when I asked him today because on his computer, the picture of the car on his dealer configurator doesn't show the lip unless you add SPASM
Old 06-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Randy M
Boy-racer ? I never remember seeing a Porsche in any of the F&F movies.
Hey Randy,

Nice looking '3! and BTW I love the boy-racer wing of the 997.2

Quick Reply: 991 50th anniversary model