Sponsored by:

991 50th anniversary model

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 06:41 PM
NeoGeo07
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^
Yes the power curve does favor the 50th as more street than racetrack, but I picked the 50th more because it comes with a manual.

I haven't heard anything from my dealer. I'm not sure if they even know exactly how many they're getting.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:22 PM
Montesquieu
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't heard anything from my Texas dealer either.

Hopefully people keep picking geyser since I'd rather have the rarer color. I, too, preferred it based on online photos. After seeing both in person, I switched to graphite. I believe that reality is less kind to geyser than photography, but since I'm color blind, everyone should discredit my opinion.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:04 AM
911sanantone
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too have not heard anything yet but pledge to post once I do.
On a different note, with the cost of some worthwhile options, the 50th is about 18-20K below the price of the Turbo. Has anyone considered this jump? Increased performance but not nearly as unique.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:56 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 911sanantone
I too have not heard anything yet but pledge to post once I do.
On a different note, with the cost of some worthwhile options, the 50th is about 18-20K below the price of the Turbo. Has anyone considered this jump? Increased performance but not nearly as unique.
18-20K jump to a base Turbo.... But who would want a base Turbo? If you're gonna add some options, the difference quickly starts to grow to 40-50K, if not more.
But as you say, the Turbo isn't nearly as unique and to be honest... the Turbo is an ugly car. The only 911 I never want to own. But that's just my opinion of course.

Suzy991
Old 08-10-2013, 08:32 AM
pyramid
Racer

So some of you guys don't even have allocation yet and still waiting for your dealers confirmation on availability?
Old 08-10-2013, 01:29 PM
911sanantone
Instructor

My dealer has a good idea regarding allocation but no build/delivery dates.
Do you have your dates and if so, what state is your dealer in?
I think that there may be a regional roll-out in the US.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:41 PM
eb4
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you all for your comments; there's some very helpful information in the thread. i was concerned about getting my first 911 configuration right, and even more-so about optioning the special edition. and now thanks to you great people i think i have done the right thing, and am getting very excited about this beautiful car.

911 50th Anniversary Edition, Geyser Grey Metallic, Leather interior in Black, LED headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS +), Headlight cleaning system cover painted, Rear windshield wiper, ParkAssist (front and rear), Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK), Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC), Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way), Seat ventilation, Seat heating, Vehicle key painted, Automatically dimming mirrors, Smoking package, Fire extinguisher, PCM package in leather, Air vents in leather, Belt outlet trim in leather, Dashboard in leather, Door panel in leather, Instrument surround leather, Steering column casing in leather, Sport Seats Plus backrests shell in leather, Leather key pouch, Fuse box cover in leather, Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
Old 08-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by eb4
thank you all for your comments; there's some very helpful information in the thread. i was concerned about getting my first 911 configuration right, and even more-so about optioning the special edition. and now thanks to you great people i think i have done the right thing, and am getting very excited about this beautiful car.

911 50th Anniversary Edition, Geyser Grey Metallic, Leather interior in Black, LED headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS +), Headlight cleaning system cover painted, Rear windshield wiper, ParkAssist (front and rear), Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK), Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC), Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way), Seat ventilation, Seat heating, Vehicle key painted, Automatically dimming mirrors, Smoking package, Fire extinguisher, PCM package in leather, Air vents in leather, Belt outlet trim in leather, Dashboard in leather, Door panel in leather, Instrument surround leather, Steering column casing in leather, Sport Seats Plus backrests shell in leather, Leather key pouch, Fuse box cover in leather, Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
Yikes. Sounds beautiful, but with the number of cows involved in the making of this car, I'd venture a guess that you're into fairly well equipped Turbo territory.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:06 AM
pyramid
Racer

Originally Posted by 911sanantone
My dealer has a good idea regarding allocation but no build/delivery dates.
Do you have your dates and if so, what state is your dealer in?
I think that there may be a regional roll-out in the US.
I'm in Southeast Asia, my production is scheduled for 2nd week of September.

You might want to have confirmed order number from PAG instead just allocation idea, see pdf attached for reference (my note in red).

Last edited by pyramid; 08-12-2013 at 07:48 AM. Reason: files deleted, cannot publish PAG customer code
Old 08-11-2013, 01:11 AM
pyramid
Racer

Originally Posted by eb4

Just saying, some of your additional leather option will only come with decorative stitching which will NOT match the deviating stitch that come standard.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:57 AM
CBG
Instructor

I have an 991-50 in graphite/black-white pepita on order here in Germany. The build date should be around 26 September with performance delivery at the Leipzig test track some 2-3 weeks later.

Had a chance to see and even sit in the exhibited graphite 991-50 in the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart 3 weeks ago and was stunned by the colour, the stance and the overall appearance of the whole car. Really looking now forward to it and will post pictures as soon as I get it.

Last edited by CBG; 08-15-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:39 PM
ymg91150
Instructor

Congrats! The car will look awsome. You might get yours earlier than I get mine. Mine will be delivered on week 42. When did you order it?
Old 08-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

Is it possible to get the ducktail on the 50th?
Old 08-15-2013, 01:17 PM
CBG
Instructor

Originally Posted by 911-50
Congrats! The car will look awsome. You might get yours earlier than I get mine. Mine will be delivered on week 42. When did you order it?
I placed the order end of June. It is a manual of course, I don't like the PDK that much.

You get the same colour/ interior combo, right?
Old 08-15-2013, 01:49 PM
ymg91150
Instructor

Originally Posted by Riz
Is it possible to get the ducktail on the 50th?
No ducktail available. Porsche is offering not many options on the 50th. IMO, this makes sense in order to keep the edition homogenous.

Originally Posted by CBG
I placed the order end of June. It is a manual of course, I don't like the PDK that much.

You get the same colour/ interior combo, right?
I placed my order in four days after the 911 50 was introduced, so I'll have to wait a little longer to get it than you. But its only fair that customers in Germany get their cars quicker than anybody else.

Mine will be graphite with the leather interior in black. I couldn't bring myself to order pepita. I love the appearance. But when I look at my previous cars, I fear the fabric would look shabby too soon. I treat my belongings with respect, but it appears I'm not the perfect gentlemen. ;-)

Last edited by ymg91150; 08-15-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Quick Reply: 991 50th anniversary model