Sponsored by:

991 50th anniversary model

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 12:54 PM
ISUK
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 911-50
Did one of you order the pepita seats? I truly think they would look great, but I don't want fabric seats in a car at this price. I think they would look dirty too soon.
It's quite easy to protect the fabric part of the seat with 3M Scotchguard. You just spray it on and let it dry and it creates an invisible barrier which works very well.

http://www.3mdirect.co.uk/p-955-scot...ery-400ml.aspx
Old 08-07-2013, 01:01 AM
pyramid
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For interior, agate/geyser gives warmer cabin while black/sliver is more of a vivid/strong color. The pepita looks more expensive in geyser/white instead of plain black/white. Just my opinion of course.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:16 AM
ISUK
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 11 Posts

I received a spray out of Geysir Grey from my dealer this morning. For anyone familiar with the Ferrari Maserati triple layer colour of Bianco Fuji I'd say it's very close in terms of the physical colour but not as vivid a metallic as it is not a triple layer paint. I think I'm going to switch to it.

Name:  DSC02627_zps0b912b7e.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  50.5 KB

Name:  DSC02630_zps30ece5c1.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  33.8 KB
Old 08-07-2013, 07:11 AM
pyramid
Racer

Originally Posted by ISUK
I received a spray out of Geysir Grey from my dealer this morning. For anyone familiar with the Ferrari Maserati triple layer colour of Bianco Fuji I'd say it's very close in terms of the physical colour but not as vivid a metallic as it is not a triple layer paint. I think I'm going to switch to it.
Geyser grey is also very close to Rolls Royce Phantom's carrara white.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:04 AM
dlchasen
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regarding exterior color, does the graphite resemble a flat version of today's agate metallic? It seems to me from a maintenance standpoint, graphite might be less work. Geyser in certain pictures looks like a pearl ivory.

Someone mentioned that many of these cars will go out the door at $140K - $150K, which is more than I care to spend. What options do you think are a "must" for collectibility purposes?
Old 08-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Preeble
Racer

I'm not sure if all of my options are 'must haves', but here is my $149,800 build (in not particular order). I'm not intending this to be a 'collector' car, but I feel that I shouldn't cut corners on a build of the 50th edition.

Geyser/Agate
Sunroof in Glass
Park Assist - front and rear
LED headlights
PDK
Power Steering Plus
PDCC w/ Sport Suspension
Rear footwell lighting
Painted Key
Seat heating
Light Design Package
18-way seats
Instrument surround in leather
Door panel in leather
Online services
Sirius and HD Radio
Burmester
Old 08-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Preeble
I'm not sure if all of my options are 'must haves', but here is my $149,800 build (in not particular order). I'm not intending this to be a 'collector' car, but I feel that I shouldn't cut corners on a build of the 50th edition.

Geyser/Agate
Sunroof in Glass
Park Assist - front and rear
LED headlights
PDK
Power Steering Plus
PDCC w/ Sport Suspension
Rear footwell lighting
Painted Key
Seat heating
Light Design Package
18-way seats
Instrument surround in leather
Door panel in leather
Online services
Sirius and HD Radio
Burmester
If you go for the agate interior I would highly recommend the leather steering column casing and PCM package in leather. The leather instrument surrounding is hardly noticeable.

Suzy991
Old 08-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Preeble
Racer

good advice!
Old 08-07-2013, 12:24 PM
ymg91150
Instructor

I've ordered the dashboard leather option as well. The sport chrono is a nice eye catcher at a highly visible place, but surrounded by a large area of plastic. IMO, this affects the premium appearance of the interior enough to legitimate the price.

Last edited by ymg91150; 08-07-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

I've ordered the dashboard leather option as well. The sport chrono is a nice eye catcher at a highly visible place, but surrounded by a large area of plastic. IMO, this affects the premium appearance of the interior enoungh to legitimate the price.
Yes, totally agree with that.
Forget to metion that one.

Suzy991
Old 08-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Preeble
Racer

i can't find the sport chrono leather hood option in the configurator. Is it listed somewhere else?
Old 08-07-2013, 01:43 PM
ymg91150
Instructor

Originally Posted by Suzy991
Yes, totally agree with that.
Forget to metion that one.
Good to know the expert agrees! It definitely can't be wrong.

Originally Posted by Preeble
i can't find the sport chrono leather hood option in the configurator. Is it listed somewhere else?
Can't remember the exact name, something like "dashboard in leather". Suzy will know the code I assume... :-)
Old 08-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Good to know the expert agrees! It definitely can't be wrong.

Can't remember the exact name, something like "dashboard in leather". Suzy will know the code I assume... :-)
Optioncode is CZW

Additional Interior Package, dashboard in leather

Covered in smooth-finish leather in interior color and partly with decorative stitching:
- dashboard end trim
- windshield defroster panel
- instrument surround upper section
- side defroster vents
- center dashboard upper section trim

With $1,710 it's not a cheap option though....

Suzy991
Old 08-08-2013, 10:32 AM
dlchasen
Track Day

My dealer asked me to submit my configuration today. So, being in a remote location at present and thus sight unseen and with no ability to see the colors in the flesh, I'm going with Geyser. The options list isn't nearly as extensive as if I were configuring an "S" since so much comes standard, and at the end of the day it looks like Porsche is throwing in the power package, wide hips, new age "Fuchs" and the anniversary touches for basically no extra charge. I'm choosing the Geyser because I think the car looks great in lighter colors (including silver and white), and I'm going with the black all leather seats since my current model has that and I'm partial to it -- and I think I might tire of the houndstooth. I also like the contrasting stitching with the black. So, while the Graphite shows off the retro metallic elements nicely, the Geyser shows off the hips.

One thing that's nice about the Anniversary edition is the chance to get something unique without it being ostentatious or overly flashy. The extra power is just icing on the cake, and without it, such as in Europe, I can understand the reluctance. With it, what's the downside as long as one of the colors works for you?
Old 08-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dlchasen
My dealer asked me to submit my configuration today. So, being in a remote location at present and thus sight unseen and with no ability to see the colors in the flesh, I'm going with Geyser. The options list isn't nearly as extensive as if I were configuring an "S" since so much comes standard, and at the end of the day it looks like Porsche is throwing in the power package, wide hips, new age "Fuchs" and the anniversary touches for basically no extra charge. I'm choosing the Geyser because I think the car looks great in lighter colors (including silver and white), and I'm going with the black all leather seats since my current model has that and I'm partial to it -- and I think I might tire of the houndstooth. I also like the contrasting stitching with the black. So, while the Graphite shows off the retro metallic elements nicely, the Geyser shows off the hips.

One thing that's nice about the Anniversary edition is the chance to get something unique without it being ostentatious or overly flashy. The extra power is just icing on the cake, and without it, such as in Europe, I can understand the reluctance. With it, what's the downside as long as one of the colors works for you?
Very well said!
Congrats with the car!

Suzy991

Quick Reply: 991 50th anniversary model