Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm torn between this and the GT3.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:38 AM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Am I too that is why my dealer actually kept my spot in the gt3 wait list and I have a little more time to decide!

But power kit + manual trans is a win-win in my opinion.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:46 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 176 Posts
Default Discount on this car?

My sales guy said no to 5%. Are any discounts possible at least to defer the tax pain!
J
Old 06-07-2013, 02:49 AM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

No Tax in oregon...
Old 06-07-2013, 05:50 AM
MacAna
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70
Originally Posted by Buddhamonk
Am I too that is why my dealer actually kept my spot in the gt3 wait list and I have a little more time to decide!

But power kit + manual trans is a win-win in my opinion.
Just FYI...

In South Africa it is a no-brainer... the GT3 pricing is mental!

Simply currency conversion applied...

Base Carrera S: $124k
50th-911: $142k
GT3: $237k

Rough all round... and we don't get PCM/Nav as standard in any of them, it's an extra $4,400
Also we don't get the X51 power-kit standard in the 50th anniversary edition like the Americans, but still, the GT3 is very badly priced here in comparison.

In fact, the GT3 is priced between the Turbo and Turbo S which doesn't seem right at all.

So using this logic, if in your market the GT3 is priced similarly to the anniversary edition, then rather take the GT3
Old 06-07-2013, 06:14 AM
MacAna
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
I that case, the C2S has the higher (JOY x TIME TO ENJOY) product ... you never know what can happen in 5 months.
Thanks... I think I'm leaning this way too.

Originally Posted by jlanka
Damn you and your avatar JohnyBahamas... Damn you to hell!
What he said!

What I find interesting if the lack of wait list for this car. I have a deposit in Bend OR (3 hours from where I live) and I am first on the list. I am also going to get on the waitlist in Portland OR (would be 3rd) and they get 2-3 allocations of the limited edition models.

Are people not getting this car because most already have a 991...or are waiting for the TT, TTS and GT3?
Originally Posted by Jerry991
The Sport Classic was a really cool car and I believe there were only 250 and only 3 are in the US. With 1963 being built the anniversary won't be that rare and you will have to keep the mileage really low for any chance of collectibility. I also understand that dealers aren't about to discount them while a significant discount is possible on most 911s other than perhaps the GT3. My conclusion is that buying the anniversary should be done only because you love the way it looks and is exactly what you want. Don't think of it as an investment and pay a whole bunch more because of that.
This is a very valid point... I want to drive my car, not park in the garage in the hope that it retains (or increases) it's value.

Admittedly, I find it very appealing, that especially in this small market down here on the tip of Africa, we're likely to get fewer than 50 countrywide.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:25 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70
GT3 = bang for buck
50th = bling for buck

pick your poison
Old 06-07-2013, 06:30 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Suzy,

Congrats on the order. I saw your posts on 6so.

My dealer wants my build by the end of the month and I just can't tell if the SPASM front lip actually comes with the car if you only get the PASM standard. The reason I'm not sure is that while the pictures on the configurator show the lip regardless of the suspension set up, it is not listed as a standard option. My dealer wasn't much help when I asked him today because on his computer, the picture of the car on his dealer configurator doesn't show the lip unless you add SPASM
Hi there

Thanx!

According to the webspecial on the Porsche site, the lip is a standard design-element on the anniversary edition. When you go to the webspecial, click on "The anniversary edition", after that click on "Exterior" and then click on "Front".
It says "A detail from the present: the imposing front spoiler lip, wich looks to the future of the 911".

So the lip must be standard in my opinion, even without SPASM.

[Sent from my iPad using Rennlist]
Old 06-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,448 Likes on 837 Posts

124k for a ho hum 911 without any options?

lol, no thanks
Old 06-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,448 Likes on 837 Posts

What I find interesting if the lack of wait list for this car. I have a deposit in Bend OR (3 hours from where I live) and I am first on the list. I am also going to get on the waitlist in Portland OR (would be 3rd) and they get 2-3 allocations of the limited edition models.

Are people not getting this car because most already have a 991...or are waiting for the TT, TTS and GT3?
probably because its a bloody expensive tape and sticker package that offers very little real value.

Remember the 47 different so called special editions for the 997. Don't think that crap won't happen again.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 728 Likes on 337 Posts

This car is as close as you can get to a manual transmission 991 GT3. I love my 997 but sometimes wonder if it would have been prudent to test drive a 991S, Turbo etc. This 50th edition has piqued my interest.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:55 AM
pyramid
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry991
The Sport Classic was a really cool car and I believe there were only 250 and only 3 are in the US. With 1963 being built the anniversary won't be that rare and you will have to keep the mileage really low for any chance of collectibility. I also understand that dealers aren't about to discount them while a significant discount is possible on most 911s other than perhaps the GT3. My conclusion is that buying the anniversary should be done only because you love the way it looks and is exactly what you want. Don't think of it as an investment and pay a whole bunch more because of that.
But sport classic cost much more than C2S in their time I believe. With the way pcna asking for this 50th, compared to regular C2S, they practically giving this limited edition away.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
124k for a ho hum 911 without any options?

lol, no thanks
Wait did you actually look at the list of options it comes with???

Originally Posted by Randy M
This car is as close as you can get to a manual transmission 991 GT3. I love my 997 but sometimes wonder if it would have been prudent to test drive a 991S, Turbo etc. This 50th edition has piqued my interest.
If you keep hinting at selling your GT3 and getting the 50th we might have to talk...

Originally Posted by pyramid
But sport classic cost much more than C2S in their time I believe. With the way pcna asking for this 50th, compared to regular C2S, they practically giving this limited edition away.
I agree with you. The appeal of the car is what you get for the price. They could have easily inflated the price based on the options that come standard. Yet the car cost less than a regular C2S that is similarly equipped.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This car is in relation to the C2S not very expensive. Especially for the North American market it is just a bargain!
But you have to like the looks of it and that is something very personal.

IMO A car like this you don't buy only because you want a 911. You buy it because of that little bit of extra heritage and emotion that comes with it, being the 50th anniversary edition.

[Sent from my iPad using Rennlist]
Old 06-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Quick question about deposit. This is my first time dealing with Porsche and having a deposit for an allocation. How much "paperwork" do you guys expect when putting a deposit.

In Portland, I put down $1000. Just have a credit card receipt (the kinds you get at the restaurant) and the dealer wrote on it by hand "50th edition allocation". Basically told me there's no formal paperwork and that deposits for allocations are "hand shake" deals. Told me it's refundable verbally.

In Bend, I put down $2500. The dealer emailed me a purschase order form filled out specifying it is for an allocation of 50th ed or GT3. The purchase order is used typically for deposit on orders so it says in big letters "this is not refundable". I since asked my dealer to add in writing that this is a refundable deposit but haven't heard back yet.

Anyway, how do you guys deal with it. Do you ask everything to be in writing and signed. Do you do the "hand shake deal"? Any bad experience like ones I've heard people have at honda/toyota dealerships where the deposit just disappears.

Am I just paranoid and should have nothing to worry about when dealing with Porsche dealerships?

Quick Reply: 991 50th anniversary model