Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guards red vs. racing yellow

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 03:16 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I did see that thread and unfortunately it didn't solve the dilemma,( of course a good dilemma to have).
Old 10-18-2011, 03:18 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
Can you provide me a similar list for exterior color? i.e. what used porsche buyers want in Dubai? Not USA
Haha...I can tell you as a Dubai resident most vehicles sold in this market are sold with sand or beige interiors for one simple reason. I'll let you figure it out.

Funny enough alot of P-cars sold here have black interiors because they look the cats meow.

The most common exterior color is white followed by black.

Yeah I'd stay away from Blue interior...even red interiors for that matter.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:19 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

BTW, they are calling it racing yellow for the new carreras, has the shade changed?
Has the shade changed? Probably. Again, marketing in the actual names. It could even be cost related. For years Speed Yellow was a no charge option paint color. Maybe now (I don't know) Racing Yellow might be a +$3,000 paint option.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:25 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Racing yellow is still a free option.

And yeah, in Dubai it's too hot so black interiors or dark interiors are not as popular.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:54 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

100% SKIP BLUE interior on a Yellow car, and 80% skip it on a Red car...

Yellow is more screaming than red... both gorgous and both work BEST with Black interior, and some interior bits in exterior color... in the past you could do centre console, not sure what you can do now... but here's what I recommend:

- Yellow/Red exterior
- Black/Gray interior
- Matching Yellow/Red seatbelts
- A few interior bits in Yellow/Red (don't over do it though, just a cpl of pieces would do)

Good luck! and share your final build.

PS. These new gray interior don't look too bad, maybe an option if you live in Dubai...

Old 10-18-2011, 03:57 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Racing yellow is still a free option.

And yeah, in Dubai it's too hot so black interiors or dark interiors are not as popular.
Where do u live?
Old 10-18-2011, 04:08 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

I live in Dubai.

It seems the vote against blue interior is unanimous, no one standing up for it yet? And red/yellow both great exterior colors, can't go wrong with either one.

As far as interior bits in exterior color they don't do enough for me to justify paying for them.

I was wondering why the sport exhaust is so expensive given that they simply use flaps inside the same exhaust to create the altered sound? ( i guess this shud be a different thread)
Old 10-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

You need to please yourself, but I think alex nailed it above. Both yellow and red are great colors, choosing between them is a no-lose situation, but a blue interior doesn't work with either one IMHO. Black would be my first choice with exterior color accents, as alex said. I also like sand beige with red, better than gray with yellow or red, although those would be ok combinations too. Hope you can decide and congrats on your order however it works out.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:14 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

I was wondering why the sport exhaust is so expensive given that they simply use flaps inside the same exhaust to create the altered sound? ( i guess this shud be a different thread)
Everything Porsche is expensive!

PSE-Porsche Sport Exhaust is awesome! Get it. You deserve it!

Doing after the sale, through Tequipment, will only cost more $$$$.

I like PSE over aftermarket, mainly because:

No drone
Warranty
Excellent fit & finish
No CEL's
......just to name a few.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Everything Porsche is expensive!

PSE-Porsche Sport Exhaust is awesome! Get it. You deserve it!

Doing after the sale, through Tequipment, will only cost more $$$$.

I like PSE over aftermarket, mainly because:

No drone
Warranty
Excellent fit & finish
No CEL's
......just to name a few.
+1
Old 10-18-2011, 04:23 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

I live in Dubai.

It seems the vote against blue interior is unanimous, no one standing up for it yet? And red/yellow both great exterior colors, can't go wrong with either one.

As far as interior bits in exterior color they don't do enough for me to justify paying for them.

As Mike said, Blue absolutely does NOT work with Red or Yellow, it'd be a great color for a Black car, but definitely not for bright exterior colors.

Sand Beige also could be an option if you want to pick a lighter color than Black and if you don't like that Gray (I HATED Gray in 997, but the 991 Gray looks a bit better).
Old 10-18-2011, 04:27 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Thoughts about rear tailights being to similar (matching) to red exterior while red tailights contrast well with yellow exterior?

Does black interior keep well a few years down the road as compared to other colors?

And I realize everything porsche is expensive but sport chrono plus seems to be a bargain when you look at PSE price!
Old 10-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Thoughts about rear tailights being to similar (matching) to red exterior while red tailights contrast well with yellow exterior?

Does black interior keep well a few years down the road as compared to other colors?

And I realize everything porsche is expensive but sport chrono plus seems to be a bargain when you look at PSE price!
Personally, I wouldn't worry about the tailight issue. Although yellow and red are both great colors I have a slight preference for red and red taillights wouldn't bother me at all. A black interior will show light colored debris more easily, but there no difference in how it holds up, in my experience. You are smart to order sport chrono plus. Sport Chrono is a must-have with PDK in order to get the important additional sport driving modes, and to a much lesser extent, Launch Control. When you think about it it's actually pretty pricey since it's basically just software and a couple of buttons, but you still have to have it.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:43 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Your comment about the red lights and guards red paint made me chuckle a little bit. I agree with you. But, most people, I bet, don't think this way.

A properly maintained black leather interior will most likely look better in the years to come than a properly maintained grey or beige interior. Having said that, the Sand Beige full leather interior in my 2006 Boxster still looks stunning & fresh after 6 driving seasons and +48,000 miles with the top down.

With regards to the PSE price, guys here spend north of $5k on aftermarket exhaust systems, and never blink. It's all relative. Once you hear, or once you hear it from behind, you'll want the PSE. And you will soon be searching out every tunnel in Dubai.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:54 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

I started this thread to decide between red/yellow exterior, that decision is still pending, but now I am inclined to change my interior to black based on feedback and the fact that blue wasn't a must for me any way. Biege works too but my current car has biege and I want a change.

Sport chrono I have already ordered, although I think it may be less necessary than b4 since they are now offering a standard sport button on new carrera.

Quick Reply: Guards red vs. racing yellow