DOWC follow up.
The contract has conflicting statements,
* repairs are limited to the actual repair or cash value of the car
Skip a paragraph & read:
* First six month repair limit is $ 1,500
* Next six months $ 3,000
* Twelve months plus $ 5,000
Needless to say, that’s a deal killer.

MTuomi - suggest you review your contact …. Carefully. Part 7, paragraph 5 of the Elite plan
The following users liked this post:
Highline-Autos.com (04-19-2023)
Old 04-19-2023, 03:59 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,106 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Yeah, this is a Fidelity Thread folks... I see ZERO reason to go with anything else based off my personal experience which I shared above.

However, if you wish to start a "DOWC Mega Thread" and discuss it, that'd be great for those considering it.

For now, let's give the paying sponsors the respect of continuing with the FIDELITY only conversation. I'm sure they'll really appreciate it.

Thank you.

D
The following 2 users liked this post by Big Swole:
Highline-Autos.com (04-19-2023), KingFizzy (03-25-2024)
Old 04-19-2023, 04:03 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 501 Likes on 368 Posts

Well said, @Big Swole let's keep the Fidelity mega thread dedicated to Fidelity, plenty of general extended warranty threads on the forum that would be more appropriate for the current conversation.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

The following 2 users liked this post by Highline-Autos.com:
Big Swole (04-19-2023), KingFizzy (03-25-2024)
Old 04-19-2023, 05:26 PM
SnakeEyesB
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
That is what we like to hear, and I'd say at least 95% of Fidelity's customer experiences... I'll give 5% for those up in the air. It took us 12 months to be vetted and established as an authorized retailer, Fidelity is very serious about all aspects of their business.
The following is going to sound confrontational, but isn't intended to be. Do you have any actual information on Fidelity's claims handling? Do you have any explanation regarding the incredibly troubling coverage experiences that have been detailed above, such as Fidelity outright denying coverage for repairs that appear to be rather clearly covered under its Platinum policy, or approving a fraction of the labor hours that the dealer's service department insists on billing for (thereby leaving the customer to pay the difference), or only paying for rebuilding something that the dealer's service department insists must be replaced?

I get that you don't have any actual studies or numbers to back up the 95% figure that you've cited, nor would I actually expect you or anyone else to have that. What I am asking is whether in your position as a broker who is compensated for selling Fidelity policies to customers (and, in all fairness, all the posts that I've seen have said that you are professional and responsive, but that's sales, not claims) you would even be in a position to know how well Fidelity handles customers' claims? The very nature of your position as a sales broker means that you are very familiar with Fidelity's sales practices, but have nothing to do with claims, correct?

What I really want to know is whether your posts amount to more than just marketing puffery (and you are fully entitled to engage in marketing puffery) and whether there is any real substance behind your defense of Fidelity's claims handling.

Last edited by SnakeEyesB; 04-19-2023 at 05:51 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by SnakeEyesB:
911T4ME (04-19-2023), LSR (04-19-2023)
Old 04-19-2023, 05:49 PM
SnakeEyesB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by drdantheman1
The above screenshot of repair invoice of the sport chrono clock is from me. I bought the Fidelity plan from Mike Jourdan at Mossy Motors (mjourdan@mossymotors.com) whose information I found from this forum. Had the best prices at the time. I brought my car to my local Porsche West Broward dealer and my SA, who I trust and have used many times before, told me that Fidelity covers items based on the part numbers, it's that simple. My SA called Fidelity on my behalf it was explained that my policy is exclusionary, but they told him that the part is not covered.
Thank you for adding these details, which make the situation that much more troubling. At least in your particular case and situation, it sounds like Fidelity sold an exclusionary Platinum policy, but then failed to abide by it. Under an exclusionary policy, Fidelity doesn't get to cover items based on the part numbers and to deny everything else (that's how named components policies work, in which case the list of covered parts is specifically detailed in the coverage contract; that's not how exclusionary policies work, where everything is covered unless it is specifically excluded in the coverage contract). This isn't a subjective issue and Fidelity doesn't have any discretion here.

Did they really take the position that regardless of the fact that their own Platinum coverage contract does not have an exclusion for the sport chrono clock, they were going to base their coverage decision on an internal list of covered parts, which you had never seen, which was never disclosed in the coverage contract and which appeared to violate their own coverage contract? So, they simply weren't going to pay for it, and you were free to exercise your remedies?
Old 04-19-2023, 05:58 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

@SnakeEyesB We both know there is nothing I can say that will make you happy, and you're not looking for extended warranty coverage.

There is a reason the largest/most-active Porsche enthusiast forum has a 2 year old, 47 page Mega Thread dedicated to a singular extended warranty company. Fidelity is preferred choice, and their customers love the service they receive. I have over 800 posts of engagement with the community and answering the community's questions as an expert in the industry. There is no trickery, deception, or "marketing puffery" going on here.

I hope you are able to show the members of Rennlist who choose to engage in this thread the respect you clearly do not have for me.
Old 04-19-2023, 06:13 PM
SnakeEyesB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
@SnakeEyesB We both know there is nothing I can say that will make you happy, and you're not looking for extended warranty coverage.
I actually am looking for extended warranty coverage, which is how I came across this thread. I was seriously looking at Fidelity, which caused me to take a deeper dive into the posts about their claims. It uncovered some very troubling things, which I have quoted above, and since then there have been additional follow up posts that have provided additional troubling information.

There is a reason the largest/most-active Porsche enthusiast forum has a 2 year old, 47 page Mega Thread dedicated to a singular extended warranty company. Fidelity is preferred choice, and their customers love the service they receive. I have over 800 posts of engagement with the community and answering the community's questions as an expert in the industry. There is no trickery, deception, or "marketing puffery" going on here.

I hope you are able to show the members of Rennlist who choose to engage in this thread the respect you clearly do not have for me.
Very respectfully, this giant thread is almost exclusively dedicated to sales and pricing, not claims. Hence, the reason that it took me quite some time to sort through the posts to identify the ones that talk about claims.

I actually do have respect for you. Once again, based on people's posts in this thread, you (along with all the other brokers who have been mentioned in this thread) provide excellent sales support, and are professional and responsive.

Being a good, knowledgeable and responsive sales broker, however, doesn't mean that you know anything about the claims handling side, as the two are quite separate. So, when you defend Fidelity's claims handling, there is nothing disrespectful about me asking you to explain the basis of your defense. In other words, as a sales broker, how are you in a position to know how well Fidelity handles customers' claims? Do you have an explanation for the coverage issues that have been brought up above? You don't have to have an explanation, as you are not a Fidelity employee, but you are familiar with Fidelity's coverage contracts, so do you see anything in the Platinum contract that would support Fidelity's denial of coverage for the sport chrono clock above?

Last edited by SnakeEyesB; 04-19-2023 at 06:14 PM.
911T4ME (04-19-2023)
Old 04-19-2023, 07:02 PM
rwbern
Rennlist Member

Received 916 Likes on 411 Posts

Some folks just don’t get it. There are multiple post in this thread about the competition. Each of them seam to give Fidelity the edge, so would think the “paying sponsor” would be grateful for the post. My last, regarding DOMC takes them out of the picture. Fidelity would complain about that?
Competition is the heart of any industry in a free enterprise system. I hope others will continue to post about all the warranty companies out there.
This “Fidelity” thread provides a forum for all.
Old 04-20-2023, 06:21 AM
mtuomi
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by rwbern
DOWC follow up.
The contract has conflicting statements,
* repairs are limited to the actual repair or cash value of the car
Skip a paragraph & read:
* First six month repair limit is $ 1,500
* Next six months $ 3,000
* Twelve months plus $ 5,000
Needless to say, that’s a deal killer.

MTuomi - suggest you review your contact …. Carefully. Part 7, paragraph 5 of the Elite plan
Yes. Different plan than what I have. Mine has no limits, proven by my 13.5k claim within the first 3 months. I understand plans sold by dealers are not subject to these limitations.
back to topic, lets not infest this thread more.
Old 04-20-2023, 11:24 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,106 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Originally Posted by rwbern
Some folks just don’t get it. .

Oh, we get it. We just have a different view of respect for thread starters / titles and content within.

Nothing stopping ANYONE from starting their OWN "Aftermarket Warranty Discussion Thread"!! In Fact, I hope someone does. I'll gladly join and post.

Start one and post the link here, Then others can decide for themselves if they want to join and learn.

Not trying to start a fight, only wanting to keep the thread on topic for the sale / pricing / discussion of "FIDELITY".

Last edited by Big Swole; 04-20-2023 at 11:26 AM.
KingFizzy (03-25-2024)
Old 04-20-2023, 11:38 AM
daveeast
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for posting for the community. Accurately summarizes my experience.
Old 04-20-2023, 01:29 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 82 Posts
Default FactoryProtect.com | Live Demo

Just sharing a quick demonstration video I put together of how simple our site is to use. Take a look below at how easy it is to navigate and get a free quote - the dropdown menu's do not show on the video, but are easily visible on the real site, with all options populating, including all deductible and term options. We hope you all find the system simple to use and navigate - and as always, thanks to all for the tremendous support and referrals. This community is stellar and is filled with a great group of people.

WATCH VIDEO:

GET STARTED NOW: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/

Promocode: RENNLIST for $200.00 discount

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)

Last edited by SteingoldVolvoCars; 04-20-2023 at 01:32 PM. Reason: added comment
Old 04-20-2023, 02:22 PM
jaymarcia
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Michael - will be looking to purchase Fidelity warranty in a few months. Does the quote include tax? If not, is there tax added? I haven’t gone through all the way to see if it does.
Old 04-20-2023, 02:36 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey @jaymarcia , I'd be happy to provide pricing as well, and all of our pricing, tax is included, no surprises when it comes to pay. You can reach me directly at tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333
jaymarcia (04-20-2023)
Old 04-28-2023, 11:26 PM
arne
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts

Any thoughts on this comment I saw on another forum? Has Fidelity changed their terms of coverage lately?

Was going to pull the trigger on a fidelity gold plan but read the fine print and it said if a repair is needed, I have to go to the dealer where I bought the car, other wise they will make me go to a shop of their choice, which doesn’t have to be a Porsche dealer but can be any shop that will do the work for cheap.

Quick Reply: The Fidelity Platinum Megathread