Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 07:29 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 541 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack F
In all fairness, comparing Freedom to Fidelity is just not, well, an even comparison.
We are going to be offering Fidelity here in the next week or so, so I am familiar with both companies, and they are comparable.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 04-10-2022, 08:16 PM
myrr
Pro

Received 312 Likes on 154 Posts

https://www.local3news.com/local-new...82c98276b.html

Car warranty entity, Freedom Warranty, ordered to pay two million dollars after committing fraud

Doesn't seem like these guys are exactly above board... not directly related to their warranty service, but does speak to their leadership.
Old 04-10-2022, 10:02 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 767 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by myrr

Car warranty entity, Freedom Warranty, ordered to pay two million dollars after committing fraud

Doesn't seem like these guys are exactly above board... not directly related to their warranty service, but does speak to their leadership.
Buyer beware. Always. Especially with extended warranty companies. Best to call call your Indy or dealer and ask them what companies are easiest to deal with and who covers solid warranty claims.
Old 04-11-2022, 01:03 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by myrr

Investment dispute, nothing to do with honoring claims or customers receiving repair work.
Old 04-11-2022, 01:04 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jack F
Buyer beware. Always. Especially with extended warranty companies. Best to call call your Indy or dealer and ask them what companies are easiest to deal with and who covers solid warranty claims.
100%, Completely agree, many customers have purchased policies after the consolation with their dealer or indy repair guy.
Old 04-11-2022, 01:17 PM
myrr
Pro

Received 312 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
Investment dispute, nothing to do with honoring claims or customers receiving repair work.
Read my reply again. Still speaks to their general disposition.

Start a new thread to debate the merits of this company.
Old 04-11-2022, 01:18 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars
Obviously your plans are not through Fidelity, which is the preferred plan throughout the community.

This thread is for Fidelity Plans only, as it’s best to create your own thread for the company you work with to avoid confusion for buyers who only want the trusted Fidelity coverage.
Highline Autos is offering Fidelity plans as soon as the end of this week!
Old 04-11-2022, 01:36 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I do apologize for the confusion my price quote might have made, the OP and I had PMed about a quote with-in minutes, so it was top of mind and was directed to him directly. Like I said, no problem with Fidelity and we are going to be offering the policies here soon as well. When the other service company is brought into question that we also offer, of course I'm going to provide some additional information.

We are all Rennlist and P Car fans here. Highline-Auto's post history will attest to that.
Old 04-13-2022, 05:50 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 120 Likes on 83 Posts
Default ANNOUNCEMENT: Fidelity Warranty Portal Now Updated w/ All Coverage Levels

Hey all,

After months of custom website work with our partner site FactoryProtect.com, we have finally completed the integration for ALL Coverage Levels for the Fidelity Warranty Plans - the link below now contains (3) seperate portals that will quote Platinum, Gold and Powertrain coverage levels for the Fidelity Extended Warranty Plans.

https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...e-quote.html#/

Please use the link above as your Fidelity quotes will populate instantly online - and be sure to use promocode RENNLIST for the $200.00 Forum Member Discount

If any questions, please don't hesitate to email or call!

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)
The following users liked this post:
noahabel (04-14-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 11:47 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Just updated the portal - All levels can now be quoted instantly online, and even Tire/Wheel plans - use RENNLIST code and visit below.

Feedback is welcome if any issues arise with the quoting tool!

https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...ine-quote.html
Old 04-19-2022, 04:17 PM
Rustler
Instructor

Received 146 Likes on 60 Posts

I have a '17 C2S with about 27k miles, and 8 months left on the CPO warranty from my purchase in January of 2020. I just ran a quote, which was very helpful. I am wondering what will happen to the pricing across the board if I wait to purchase until just before the CPO is up? Does it make a difference if the CPO warranty expires?

Edit: To flush out the question above, I'm interested in clarification of the following statement from the Steingold website (below). Will pricing go up by an appreciable amount? What does "much lower rates" mean? Is there a way I can predict by how much to inform my decision?

"This system uses the remaining factory coverage of your vehicle to populate the lowest available pricing. Drivers who purchase their plans earlier will always see higher term coverage options, at much lower rates. For savvy consumers, the earlier the plan is purchased, the better. Pricing will increase as years and mileage accrue, and plan options disappear quickly. Note: CA residents not eligible for online Service Contract purchases."

Last edited by Rustler; 04-19-2022 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-19-2022, 04:42 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rustler
I have a '17 C2S with about 27k miles, and 8 months left on the CPO warranty from my purchase in January of 2020. I just ran a quote, which was very helpful. I am wondering what will happen to the pricing across the board if I wait to purchase until just before the CPO is up? Does it make a difference if the CPO warranty expires?

Edit: To flush out the question above, I'm interested in clarification of the following statement from the Steingold website (below). Will pricing go up by an appreciable amount? What does "much lower rates" mean? Is there a way I can predict by how much to inform my decision?

"This system uses the remaining factory coverage of your vehicle to populate the lowest available pricing. Drivers who purchase their plans earlier will always see higher term coverage options, at much lower rates. For savvy consumers, the earlier the plan is purchased, the better. Pricing will increase as years and mileage accrue, and plan options disappear quickly. Note: CA residents not eligible for online Service Contract purchases."
The system calculates its premium based on vehicle age and mileage / my advice here is that if you’re comfortable with the rate shown, lock it in, as it will only get more expensive with accrued mileage, or, options will disappear. The system has several factors at play here, and nearly impossible to predict - use the RENNLIST code and it’ll save you the max discount.
Old 04-19-2022, 05:04 PM
Rustler
Instructor

Received 146 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars
The system calculates its premium based on vehicle age and mileage / my advice here is that if you’re comfortable with the rate shown, lock it in, as it will only get more expensive with accrued mileage, or, options will disappear. The system has several factors at play here, and nearly impossible to predict - use the RENNLIST code and it’ll save you the max discount.
I appreciate the prompt response Michael, thanks. But really you're restating what is on the website, or put another way, "it will go up but we aren't saying by how much." I understand there is an interest in having customers lock it in now and the specter of rising rates/less options is the carrot. If specifics aren't something you're able to divulge, that's fair play, you're running a business.

But my question for anyone following this thread who may be able to answer is: How much more expensive will it be? (let's assume I put another 4k miles on the car in the next 8 months, and lock in before CPO expires?). Does pricing go up like a hockey stick as the CPO end date nears? Is it pretty linear with time and mileage? What if I wait til after the CPO expires? Is it even still available after CPO?

Ultimately I would prefer to wait for a variety of reasons, and I would like to weigh that interest against the cost increase. Thanks to anyone who can provide more!
Old 04-19-2022, 06:39 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rustler
I appreciate the prompt response Michael, thanks. But really you're restating what is on the website, or put another way, "it will go up but we aren't saying by how much." I understand there is an interest in having customers lock it in now and the specter of rising rates/less options is the carrot. If specifics aren't something you're able to divulge, that's fair play, you're running a business.

But my question for anyone following this thread who may be able to answer is: How much more expensive will it be? (let's assume I put another 4k miles on the car in the next 8 months, and lock in before CPO expires?). Does pricing go up like a hockey stick as the CPO end date nears? Is it pretty linear with time and mileage? What if I wait til after the CPO expires? Is it even still available after CPO?

Ultimately I would prefer to wait for a variety of reasons, and I would like to weigh that interest against the cost increase. Thanks to anyone who can provide more!
Trust me here - I totally understand what response you’re looking for, but even I cannot predict the system. I use a portal that presents the pricing. It’s not a straight line, rather an algorithm that will price the plans accordingly. If I could predict pricing, I would advise accordingly, but nearly everytime
a customer tries to predict when the best time is to purchase, like we’re doing here (I’ve dealt with this HUNDREDS of times over) the customer either lose the options they are seeing now, or see higher prices - never the latter.

I can’t answer “how much” it will increase, but it’s not minimal - usually 700-1500 minimum for the same plans, or less term options,

Again, to state the obvious, the earlier you purchase, the less you will pay for longer term coverage, as the “risk factor” for Fidelity is far lower.
Rustler (04-20-2022)
Old 04-19-2022, 06:46 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,546 Likes on 959 Posts

Rustler, I could be totally wrong here…..but my impression from RL discussion and other members is the prices jump when you break 25,000 miles and on 12/31 of each year. So, if that is true You can ride it out until December maybe with a minimal increase in cost. I do not think you get a substantial credit for purchasing while still on CPO so why have two warranties ? Again, I could be wrong but that has been the general discussion on our forum. Best wishes with whatever you decide.
Rustler (04-20-2022)

Quick Reply: The Fidelity Platinum Megathread