Sponsored by:

The Fidelity Platinum Megathread

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2022, 11:28 PM
911CSC
Pro

Received 361 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars
No problem, I always try to get back ASAP. Just leave me a voice message with your phone number and I’ll call you back
Well car is insured, thanks to Michael all questions I had and purchase was done by phone.

I went with the 3yrs or 36k mile platinum, $100 ded.

Not sure how long I'll keep this car as the last deal fell thru a few weeks ago. I may list her for sale in May.

Old 03-07-2022, 10:31 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Updated FactoryProtect.com site for Free Fidelity Warranty Quotes

Hey all - appreciate the support as always - happy to help so many here and looking forward to many years of sponsorship.

Just updated our FactoryProtect site and wanted to share the new look for Fidelity Warranty Quotes - just click the Porsche logo on the homepage, or any vehicle logo you're looking to add coverage to, and you'll get linked to the online quoting tool for the Fidelity plans. The Terms/Conditions for each plan is listed online as well. Of course, if you need any assistance, don't hesitate.

And remember to use promocode RENNLIST for the $200.00 Member discount!

https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/#/

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)

Last edited by SteingoldVolvoCars; 03-07-2022 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-08-2022, 08:39 AM
d--
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

So I just learned that CarMax's extended warranty product, MaxCare, is administered by Fidelity.... It looks like the coverage on the CarMax version is quite good, as testified to by me, and Doug DeMuro. Has anyone done a comparison?
The following users liked this post:
pkalhan (03-08-2022)
Old 03-08-2022, 11:12 AM
pkalhan
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by d--
So I just learned that CarMax's extended warranty product, MaxCare, is administered by Fidelity.... It looks like the coverage on the CarMax version is quite good, as testified to by me, and Doug DeMuro. Has anyone done a comparison?
Yeah, I heard their warranty is really good and there are a few forums members who have had a positive experience with CarMax. I did not know their warranty was administered by Fidelity.
Old 03-08-2022, 11:59 AM
d--
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by pkalhan
Yeah, I heard their warranty is really good and there are a few forums members who have had a positive experience with CarMax. I did not know their warranty was administered by Fidelity.
I realized it when I got this email this morning. Clearly, Fidelity is administering their warranty. That would explain why so many people are having good results with CarMax. I'd love to see a proper comparison, but at least this helps explain why you can count on CarMax's warranty.

Proof that CarMax MaxCare is from Fidelity.
Old 03-08-2022, 02:39 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 461 Likes on 335 Posts

Fidelity has great claims acceptance and is the biggest name in the business, I'm incredibly disappointed in how long it has taken for them to get us onboard and start issuing policies, especially compared to Freedom Warranty, who got us in their system in a matter of days, are just as legit, honor their claims, and can be $1k-$2k cheaper than Fidelity. We were excited to meet with Fidelity in person and we talked about the loyalty Fidelity has with their customers, but they seemed more excited to sell us a "dealership management program", the name has lost some luster in my eyes.

I will say though, that I was impressed Fidelity had nothing bad to say about Freedom Warranty, I think because of how shiest characters are in the business, it is important for the legit companies, to support each other, customers see value in the name, others just want the best price and value in coverage, that is why we had initiated the offering of both policies.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 03-08-2022 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-09-2022, 01:16 PM
Gary12000
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 94 Posts

I have a question, i am looking at a Carrera S with 37,000 miles, the carfax shows decent maintenance but not complete and on time in every case, 4 oil changes, a 20k minor service a brake flush, as one of the oil changes was late it means either an oil change wasn't done or it was done outside the network of reporting maintenance shops.

Sooooo... if i buy the car and a subsequent Fidelity service contract, will a repair be denied for no proof of maintenance before i purchased the car?

its going to make a car hard to find if they deny for no proof of maintenance back in 2014.

Thanks Gary
Old 03-09-2022, 01:37 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

No, it’s my understanding that Fidelity does not deny claims for the inability to provide “proof of maintenance”, just as long as the vehicle is maintained with no obvious signs of neglect.
Old 03-09-2022, 05:52 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

No, it’s my understanding that Fidelity does not deny claims for the inability to provide “proof of maintenance”, just as long as the vehicle is maintained with no obvious signs of neglect.
You're not only hurting customers, but the industry as a whole by providing miss-information. Lack of maintenance, and lack of proof of maintenance are the same in the eyes of warranty companies. The majority of the time, a vehicles Car Fax or the dealer records will provide enough information that the customer will not need to provide records of their own, but the inability to provide either in a mechanically relevant timeline to the need for repair, will lead to the denial of claim. The following is industry standard:

"It is required that You retain “Proof” of maintenance for the service and/or repair work on Your Vehicle, regardless if work was performed by You or a

repair facility. “Proof” means repair orders from a Licensed Repair Facility and/or the self-maintained log that has corresponding “purchase receipts”

for oil, oil filter, coolant, etc. The self-maintained log without corresponding “purchase receipts” is not acceptable “proof” of maintenance. Repair

orders must be readable and understandable with customer complaint and repair diagnosis, parts, labor hours, vehicle identification number, date,

vehicle mileage, Your name and signature, repair facility name, address and phone number, repair totals, and method of payment to satisfy the repair

order."

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 03-09-2022 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-09-2022, 05:54 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gary12000
I have a question, i am looking at a Carrera S with 37,000 miles, the carfax shows decent maintenance but not complete and on time in every case, 4 oil changes, a 20k minor service a brake flush, as one of the oil changes was late it means either an oil change wasn't done or it was done outside the network of reporting maintenance shops.

Sooooo... if i buy the car and a subsequent Fidelity service contract, will a repair be denied for no proof of maintenance before i purchased the car?

its going to make a car hard to find if they deny for no proof of maintenance back in 2014.

Thanks Gary
You do not need records since the inception of the vehicle, but you will need timeline relevant records to the repair claim.
Gary12000 (03-09-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 02:19 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Fidelity Cancellation Requests

Just updating everyone on our new Cancellation Requests page to make it simple to get the pro-rated refund if a cancellation is needed. Just fill out the form, upload the proof of odometer, and we'll get it processed.

Appreciate the support and referrals from this forum - glad to be a sponsor.

https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...equests.html#/
Old 03-11-2022, 03:25 PM
p3rs1st
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Just updating everyone on our new Cancellation Requests page to make it simple to get the pro-rated refund if a cancellation is needed. Just fill out the form, upload the proof of odometer, and we'll get it processed.

Appreciate the support and referrals from this forum - glad to be a sponsor.

https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...equests.html#/
Very cool. Almost 1 year into my 3 year warranty I got from you guys and I'm so happy I did. Peace of mind cannot be understated!! Keep it the great service.
SteingoldVolvoCars (03-11-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 12:58 PM
gearFX
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Just updated our FactoryProtect site and wanted to share the new look for Fidelity Warranty Quotes - just click the Porsche logo on the homepage, or any vehicle logo you're looking to add coverage to, and you'll get linked to the online quoting tool for the Fidelity plans. The Terms/Conditions for each plan is listed online as well. Of course, if you need any assistance, don't hesitate.
https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/#/
I noticed the online quoting tool requires an email address and phone number. You're not selling our personal information, right? Don't need any more extended warranty robocalls than I already receive.
Old 03-14-2022, 01:19 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by gearFX
I noticed the online quoting tool requires an email address and phone number. You're not selling our personal information, right? Don't need any more extended warranty robocalls than I already receive.
Absolutely not - it’s just required in order to print the contract in case you’d like to make the purchase / rest assured, we don’t even see the info until a purchase is made. All good here!
gearFX (03-14-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 01:34 PM
gearFX
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Absolutely not - it’s just required in order to print the contract in case you’d like to make the purchase / rest assured, we don’t even see the info until a purchase is made. All good here!
Thank you for clarifying!

Quick Reply: The Fidelity Platinum Megathread