Sponsored by:

The Fidelity Platinum Megathread

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 02:52 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
At 30 months old I have around 1400 miles. So I am not concerned about the 10k miles bump happening, I would just like to benefit from as much time as possible.
IMO with your mileage then wait until your current warranty is just shy of expiring (with those miles).
Old 09-11-2021, 07:57 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 82 Posts

Mileage is the main indicator for pricing. Vehicles with low mileage have MUCH longer terms available at a MUCH lower price. As mileage accrues, the longer term options disappear, and prices jump. Before 10k is the best time for sure, but as soon as you hit 10,001, the 11 year and 10 year options disappear, in my opinion, the earlier the better as pricing is always updated, and never seem to decrease..just sharing from years of experience with the quoting tool.

GET FREE QUOTE: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

PS: use promocode RENNLIST for an extra discount at checkout!

Last edited by SteingoldVolvoCars; 03-11-2022 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2021, 03:14 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars
Mileage is the main indicator for pricing. Vehicles with low mileage have MUCH longer terms available at a MUCH lower price. As mileage accrues, the longer term options disappear, and prices jump. Before 10k is the best time for sure, but as soon as you hit 10,001, the 11 year and 10 year options disappear, in my opinion, the earlier the better as pricing is always updated, and never seem to decrease..just sharing from years of experience with the quoting tool.

GET FREE QUOTE: https://tinyurl.com/BuyFidelityWarrantyOnline

PS: use promocode RENNLIST for an extra discount at checkout!
At 30 months old I have around 1400 miles. So I am not concerned about the 10k miles bump happening, I would just like to benefit from as much time as possible.
I have no issue with buying it now, I just want to understand that I am getting the most value. ie When I buy a 7 year warranty on a new Mercedes it starts from the purchase date...so whenever I buy it, it has 7 years of coverage. If I buy an 11 year warranty (wow) that is from the contact purchase date? So I should wait until next year to get another year of coverage, correct?
Old 09-11-2021, 03:28 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I have no issue with buying it now, I just want to understand that I am getting the most value. ie When I buy a 7 year warranty on a new Mercedes it starts from the purchase date...so whenever I buy it, it has 7 years of coverage. If I buy an 11 year warranty (wow) that is from the contact purchase date? So I should wait until next year to get another year of coverage, correct?

You're correct, however, pricing always increases. It might be best to lock in early and purchase an extra year (8 years) to ensure the best rate. We can never predict what options will be available in the future.

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)
Old 09-17-2021, 11:57 AM
2000se
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm having a hard time ascertaining if the powertrain, gold, or platinum plan covers things like the spoiler malfunction? Or sunroof malfunction? Or something like the top cooling fans on top of the motor? Any insight into that?
Old 09-17-2021, 12:35 PM
PP13
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

I suggest to get the Platinum plan, it covers everything
Old 09-17-2021, 12:43 PM
Auric
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000se
I'm having a hard time ascertaining if the powertrain, gold, or platinum plan covers things like the spoiler malfunction? Or sunroof malfunction? Or something like the top cooling fans on top of the motor? Any insight into that?
- if it's not explicitly stated it's not covered- recently had a cooling hose leak/valve, thought I was covered because part of the "cooling system"
- claim rejected
-$150 in parts-$800 in labor, would have taken me an hour to find the leak-lesson learned.
Old 09-17-2021, 01:01 PM
2000se
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Auric
- if it's not explicitly stated it's not covered- recently had a cooling hose leak/valve, thought I was covered because part of the "cooling system"
- claim rejected
-$150 in parts-$800 in labor, would have taken me an hour to find the leak-lesson learned.

as I suspected. Sunroof and spoiler not mentioned in power train or gold, but platinum says everything except the exclusions list.
Old 09-17-2021, 01:06 PM
Auric
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts

- in addition, the fidelity rep stated the claim would have been denied on platinum as well.
- I'm on gold

Last edited by Auric; 09-17-2021 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-17-2021, 01:23 PM
noahabel
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Auric
- in addition, the fidelity rep stated the claim would have been denied on platinum as well.
- I'm on gold
Yep, the Platinum exclusions list includes "heater and radiator hoses." Damn, that's a huge exclusion considering those are certain failure points over a long enough timeline. And almost never easy to swap out.
Old 09-17-2021, 01:24 PM
IXIXI
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 59 Posts

Was the hose (wear item?) leaking or the valve (non-wear item?)?
Old 09-17-2021, 01:27 PM
IXIXI
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 59 Posts

PLATINUM EXCLUSIONS:
Brake linings, brake drums and rotors, disc brake pads, standard manual transmission clutch friction disc, pressure plate, pilot bearing, throw-out bearing and arm, air bags, solar powered devices, glass, lenses, sealed beams, body parts and/or panels, weather stripping, trim, moldings, lock cylinders, tires, wheels, all batteries except Hybrid/EV/Hydrogen High Voltage batteries as listed under Gold Coverage, light bulbs, upholstery, paint, bright metal, freeze plugs, filters, heater and radiator hoses, exhaust system, catalytic converter, shock absorbers, work such as front-end alignment or wheel balancing (except when required in conjunction with a mechanical breakdown), safety restraint systems, audio/security or other systems not factory installed, or vinyl and convertible tops.
Old 09-19-2021, 08:20 PM
sbrooks64
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by IXIXI
PLATINUM EXCLUSIONS:
Brake linings, brake drums and rotors, disc brake pads, standard manual transmission clutch friction disc, pressure plate, pilot bearing, throw-out bearing and arm, air bags, solar powered devices, glass, lenses, sealed beams, body parts and/or panels, weather stripping, trim, moldings, lock cylinders, tires, wheels, all batteries except Hybrid/EV/Hydrogen High Voltage batteries as listed under Gold Coverage, light bulbs, upholstery, paint, bright metal, freeze plugs, filters, heater and radiator hoses, exhaust system, catalytic converter, shock absorbers, work such as front-end alignment or wheel balancing (except when required in conjunction with a mechanical breakdown), safety restraint systems, audio/security or other systems not factory installed, or vinyl and convertible tops.

So I am thinking changeover valves are not covered
Old 09-21-2021, 02:05 PM
sbrooks64
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 25 Posts

Just got the platinum plan from Michael Jourdan at Mossy Motors. Easy to work with and rennlist.com gets you a 55% discount. I have a 2014 with 20k miles and went with the 5/60k plan. So I am good until 80k.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:15 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by sbrooks64
Just got the platinum plan from Michael Jourdan at Mossy Motors. Easy to work with and rennlist.com gets you a 55% discount. I have a 2014 with 20k miles and went with the 5/60k plan. So I am good until 80k.
Did you get a quote from us? We're extremely aggressive and can try to help for sure, especially with RENNLIST members.

Quick Reply: The Fidelity Platinum Megathread