Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Fidelity Platinum Megathread

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 03:24 PM
peemoa
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey all new here to the forums and doing my research. Is there a TLDR version of this extended warranty thread? If I bought a 2017 991.2 with 26k miles am I eligible to purchase a fidelity plan?
Old 03-20-2022, 03:27 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by peemoa
Hey all new here to the forums and doing my research. Is there a TLDR version of this extended warranty thread? If I bought a 2017 991.2 with 26k miles am I eligible to purchase a fidelity plan?
Definitely eligible - click below for a free quote, and use promocode RENNLIST for $200.00 discount

https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/#/
Old 03-25-2022, 12:34 PM
TheAv1ator
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Hopefully its alright that I bring a Panamera to this sub-forum.

I'm looking at used 2017 - 2018 Panamera 4S's in California. I've got a few questions on the warranty.
  1. I see it's ideal (or even a restriction from some brokers) to get it while the car is still under factory warranty. With cheaper pricing <10k miles and <25k miles. Unfortunately, my budget is struggling to find me an in-warranty 4S of any mileage. I've got two cars of interest, both are out of factory warranty - a lower optioned 2017 4S with 24k miles and a higher optioned 2017 4S with 45k miles. Is there a large difference in fidelity platinum price between these two? Any recommended brokers for situations like this?
  2. I've read California has a law stating extended warranties must be purchased/issued in-state. Are there any recommended brokers in California at the moment? If not, I've read people use out-of-state addresses to register the warranty - my parents live in Ohio, so I could use their address. Does my name or the car need to be associated with the out-of-state address?
Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
d-- (03-27-2022)
Old 03-26-2022, 01:01 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Fidelity Warranty Portal UPDATE

Hey all, just wanted to fill everyone in on an update we just performed to our Fidelity Warranty Portal.

GET FREE QUOTE ONLINE NOW: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/#/

We have been getting a ton of inquiries, and happy to help so many in this forum. After some major tweaking, we have set the system to provide quotes on PLATINUM, GOLD and POWERTRAIN coverage plans and set static term/mileage options to our most popular options below. This has solved several quoting issues and will provide a much smoother purchase experience. Of course, the promocode RENNLIST is still valid for $200.00 off. The options below are the most commonly purchased plans, and in our opinion, the best value for the $$ - the options below, especially for Porsche drivers, use the minimum mileage terms available, as the 7 year and 6 year term have a minimum 10,000 mile per year option, and the 5 year term has a minimum 12,000 mile per year option.

84 Months/70,000 Miles - $0, $100, $250, $500 Deductible

72 Months/60,000 Miles - $0, $100, $250, $500 Deductible

60 Months/60,000 Miles - $0, $100, $250, $500 Deductible

Please keep in mind, if some of the above options do not populate, this means that your vehicle is NOT eligible for the above specific term/mileage options.

If NONE of the options are available above, it should populate the below:

48 Months/48,000 Miles - $0, $100, $250, $500 Deductible

If the options that populate online work for you and your vehicle driving habits, place the order online and we'll get it finalized as the online system is our preferred purchase method, but of course, if any questions, call me at 401-723-4700 and I can help.

Glad to help as always, and thanks to everyone for the support and referrals!

GET FREE QUOTE ONLINE NOW: https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...e-quote.html#/

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)

Last edited by SteingoldVolvoCars; 04-20-2022 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-27-2022, 11:18 AM
BCgeorgia
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

@SteingoldVolvoCars
Michael - how does the fidelity warranty work for cars with tunes? Will the warranty cover a car with a stage1 (increased boost) tune? What if you don't tune the car, but it was tuned (and tune removed) by someone who previously owned the car?
jbendaou (03-27-2022)
Old 03-27-2022, 11:24 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hm, might be best to read the terms/conditions about that one: https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...onditions.html
Old 03-27-2022, 11:40 PM
Diesel4Life
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Yikes, just put in for a quote on a 2013 Cayenne Turbo with 55,000 miles at the cost for 6/60,000 was $7500 with Rennlist discount.
Old 03-27-2022, 11:43 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Diesel4Life
Yikes, just put in for a quote on a 2013 Cayenne Turbo with 55,000 miles at the cost for 6/60,000 was $7500 with Rennlist discount.
Definitely due to the age of the vehicle as a 2013. If you’re open to less time, maybe 36 or 48 months, we can help via phone to see if the pricing is more affordable.
Old 03-28-2022, 09:58 AM
BCgeorgia
Advanced

Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars
Hm, might be best to read the terms/conditions about that one: https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...onditions.html
"EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE: THIS SERVICE CONTRACT WILL NOT PAY OR REIMBURSE YOU FOR: (from item 1)
ALTERATION TO THE VEHICLE NOT AUTHORIZED BY ITS MANUFACTURER ORBY A MANUFACTURER-APPROVED INSTALLER THAT CAUSES THE MANUFACTURER TO DENY A FACTORY WARRANTY CLAIM"

Technically, it looks like an engine tune would void the warranty. I guess it's just a question of how a dealer (or non dealer) shop would deal with seeing a lot of increased boost.
Old 03-28-2022, 02:08 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 461 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by BCgeorgia
@SteingoldVolvoCars
Michael - how does the fidelity warranty work for cars with tunes? Will the warranty cover a car with a stage1 (increased boost) tune? What if you don't tune the car, but it was tuned (and tune removed) by someone who previously owned the car?
Vehicles must be stock.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 03-28-2022, 02:11 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 461 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel4Life
Yikes, I had you at $4,395.
Old 03-28-2022, 05:53 PM
ElSpoon958
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm no attorney, but I'd look up the Magnuson Moss warranty act:
Magnuson Moss Warranty-Federal Trade Commission Improvements Act
it's my lay understanding, there are certain things the dealership can't just simply deny you for aftermarket additions. For example, you upgrade your exhaust, then have an issue with your suspension or something super unrelated, i don't know, a radiator or hose or belt, use your imagination. The onus is on the dealer or warranty provider to prove that your specific modification caused said issue.

I would say an ECU tune is a good argument on their side to deny a lot of things. Maybe look into the JB4 tuner from BMS. That way you can unplug and remain undetected if that's a huge concern for you.
Old 03-28-2022, 06:23 PM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 311 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by ElSpoon958
... I would say an ECU tune is a good argument on their side to deny a lot of things. ...
^ What he said. Moreover, even if you were to remove the tuning modifications to return the car to stock before you brought it in for repair, you very well may be faced with having to sign some documentation verifying that you didn't do this or that to the car. If you aren't truthful when signing, and you're found out, your contract might be canceled without refund. Worse, you might have to be concerned about insurance fraud. Bottom line, at least for me, is to accept the fact that you tuned the car and if you get an extended warranty either get a more limited one or be prepared to pay to repair anything that the tune might have affected. So, if the PCM dies, a shock fails or whatever else happens, and your tune wasn't a proximate cause of that, you should be OK. Just be prepared to fight.
ElSpoon958 (03-30-2022)
Old 03-28-2022, 07:25 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,380 Likes on 876 Posts

Originally Posted by LSR
^ What he said. Moreover, even if you were to remove the tuning modifications to return the car to stock before you brought it in for repair, you very well may be faced with having to sign some documentation verifying that you didn't do this or that to the car. If you aren't truthful when signing, and you're found out, your contract might be canceled without refund. Worse, you might have to be concerned about insurance fraud. Bottom line, at least for me, is to accept the fact that you tuned the car and if you get an extended warranty either get a more limited one or be prepared to pay to repair anything that the tune might have affected. So, if the PCM dies, a shock fails or whatever else happens, and your tune wasn't a proximate cause of that, you should be OK. Just be prepared to fight.
There is an extensive thread already on the issue of the effect of ECU tunes on warranties if you search. Several of the major tuning vendors participated in the discussion. There is no such thing as an undetectable tune. The bottom line is that anything that alters boost directly effects the engine and the turbochargers. If you have a catastrophic engine or turbocharger failure, I expect Porsche/Fidelity can find an a well credentialed engineer with impressive resume (probably already employed by Porsche) to say your tune contributed to cause it. That puts you in a position where you have to hire engineers and attorneys to fight the denial of the warranty claim. Even if you win the claim, you still lose. As they say, the process is the punishment. This is the only reason I do not have a tune. I will reconsider when my warranty expires.
Old 03-29-2022, 12:50 AM
BCgeorgia
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fullyield
There is an extensive thread already on the issue of the effect of ECU tunes on warranties if you search. Several of the major tuning vendors participated in the discussion. There is no such thing as an undetectable tune. The bottom line is that anything that alters boost directly effects the engine and the turbochargers. If you have a catastrophic engine or turbocharger failure, I expect Porsche/Fidelity can find an a well credentialed engineer with impressive resume (probably already employed by Porsche) to say your tune contributed to cause it. That puts you in a position where you have to hire engineers and attorneys to fight the denial of the warranty claim. Even if you win the claim, you still lose. As they say, the process is the punishment. This is the only reason I do not have a tune. I will reconsider when my warranty expires.
These are all good things to know. I’m just being thorough and considering all possibilities before I set out to find a used 991.2. I think one of the big take aways for me here is to make sure the car hasn’t already been tuned before I buy (during ppi). The seller might not even know the car has been tuned given that many cars have had several owners.

Quick Reply: The Fidelity Platinum Megathread