Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 03:21 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 461 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by TheAv1ator
I know there's mostly talk of 911's on here, but is there a reason why Panamera's are notably more expensive for platinum plans compared to 911's?

What I'm getting for my 2018 Panamera 4S with 31k miles (without $250/$300 discount):

72mo/60k mile/$0 deductible = $12,455
72mo/60k mile/$100 deductible = $8,707
72mo/60k mile/$250 deductible = $7,403

It seems much older 911's with more miles are a good bit less expensive?
Industry pricing is not determined on a per make/model basis but more "class" of vehicle. Panamera 4S are luxury sedans, their pricing is the same as a 2018 MB S560 4Matic's because they are more comparable vehicles. What many of our customers do in a situation like yours is purchase coverage from our other provider Freedom Warranty, same great coverage and accepted everywhere like Fidelity Platinum, but at more affordable prices. We are huge fans of both providers because we have not had a single claim denied with either company, and are able to give customers options in situations like this. The pricing difference if because Freedom caps payout at $20k, but it is a lot easier to make out ahead on a ~$5k policy than a ~$9k policy.

Freedom Warranty's Complete Manufactures Extension
72 months / up to 100k miles
$0 deductible
-$4,910
$100 deductible
-$4,760

72 months / up to 125k miles
$0 deductible
-$5,310
$100 deductible
-$5,060

For questions, quotes, and example contracts you can reach me at tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 06-29-2022, 08:02 PM
TheAv1ator
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
Industry pricing is not determined on a per make/model basis but more "class" of vehicle. Panamera 4S are luxury sedans, their pricing is the same as a 2018 MB S560 4Matic's because they are more comparable vehicles.
I didn't know that, very interesting. I guess I could see why luxury sedans would fall in a more expensive category, but I'd think a "luxury sports car" class would be up there too (if that's even what the 911 falls under)?

Regarding Freedom Warranties, I have some questions.
  1. Are you the only one that sells these policies? I can find mention of Fidelity warranties on other non-Porsche sites and forums, with names other than those in this long thread. However, any recent mention of Freedom Warranties on other car forums (MBWorld, Landroverforum, ferrarichat, etc.) only comes from you (tgibson/highline Autos).
  2. I'm trying to find more customer testimonies of larger or more expensive repairs, but I'm coming up with hardly anything besides the complaints on BBB. Do you have any references for large repair coverage?
  3. $20k is a bit low considering some of the 5-figure repair bills you can get with major component failures (Engine, PDK, air suspension, etc.). Just so I'm understanding this limitation, lets say I had a PDK failure which costs $16k to repair at the dealer. Freedom covers it and I'm left with $4k of possible payout remaining (?). If my air suspension system fails, would I only be covered for $4k of it and be responsible for the remaining?
Old 06-29-2022, 08:23 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by TheAv1ator
I didn't know that, very interesting. I guess I could see why luxury sedans would fall in a more expensive category, but I'd think a "luxury sports car" class would be up there too (if that's even what the 911 falls under)?

Regarding Freedom Warranties, I have some questions.
  1. Are you the only one that sells these policies? I can find mention of Fidelity warranties on other non-Porsche sites and forums, with names other than those in this long thread. However, any recent mention of Freedom Warranties on other car forums (MBWorld, Landroverforum, ferrarichat, etc.) only comes from you (tgibson/highline Autos).
  2. I'm trying to find more customer testimonies of larger or more expensive repairs, but I'm coming up with hardly anything besides the complaints on BBB. Do you have any references for large repair coverage?
  3. $20k is a bit low considering some of the 5-figure repair bills you can get with major component failures (Engine, PDK, air suspension, etc.). Just so I'm understanding this limitation, lets say I had a PDK failure which costs $16k to repair at the dealer. Freedom covers it and I'm left with $4k of possible payout remaining (?). If my air suspension system fails, would I only be covered for $4k of it and be responsible for the remaining?
1. A lot of the time it is because the dealerships rebrand under their branding, and not Freedom out right. Where as Fidelity has a recognizable name, so most dealerships do not repackage the information under their name. haha yes we are on all sorts of forums!
2. Yes I have a long list of positive customer reviews and emails, as well as payout specifics per claim and claim acceptance.
3. Correct, but you may purchase another policy if you've hit your payout limit before time runs out.

Too keep relevancy to the Fidelity megathread, Fidelity obviously we would encourage a customer to go with if prices were competitive, and some of the times they are... We started with Freedom because if you check highline-autos.com , you see we deal with a lot of high end exotics, stuff Fidelity will not touch, but we are extremely happy we went through the almost 12 month process of being vetted and onboarded with Fidelity proper. For us, it is all about offering the customer options, sometimes customers go with Fidelity, sometimes they go Freedom. Either way great coverage accepted at dealerships across the country, and extremely high claims acceptance rates with both providers.
Old 07-04-2022, 08:07 AM
Sincity
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just bought a Fidelity 10/100 Platinum policy from Michael @ Steingold for my 2018 Macan GTS. He called me back and answered my questions and it was a quick an easy process. Note their website only quotes up 7/70 and you'll need to reach out for a longer term.
Old 07-04-2022, 10:17 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Sincity
Just bought a Fidelity 10/100 Platinum policy from Michael @ Steingold for my 2018 Macan GTS. He called me back and answered my questions and it was a quick an easy process. Note their website only quotes up 7/70 and you'll need to reach out for a longer term.
Happy to help! Correct, our portal maxes out the term at 84 months, but if your vehicle has 10,000 miles or less, we have access to longer terms in the backend system with Fidelity. Just send me a note and I can assist.

https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...e-quote.html#/

Last edited by SteingoldVolvoCars; 07-04-2022 at 10:45 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by SteingoldVolvoCars:
Sincity (07-04-2022), vg247 (07-28-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 09:43 PM
Thruster
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I just bought my Fidelity warranty and thought I would share the journey with you all. My car is a 2018 base coupe with 14.5K miles on it, and is still under factory warrant. The car is registered in California. I've read most of this thread, so I felt like I had a good grasp of the subject. Thanks to all of you who've contributed.

The first two places I contacted were mentioned in this thread. First I used the online quote tool at Steingold Volvo. The site could not give me a quote. It said there was an error with the VIN, but it did not explain what the issue was. Then I requested a quote from Michael Jourdan at Mossy Motors. He replied that he could not quote it because there was an issue with the VIN, but he could not explain what the issue was. Then I called Fidelity directly. The rep took the information and called me back in a couple of days. His quote was considerably higher than the rates discussed in this thread, so I don't recommend buying directly through them. Based on the issues with Steingold (located in Rhode Island) and Mossy Motors (based in New Orleans) and the delay from the rep at Fidelity, I began to think it was because I am in California. And, according to some who have posted here, dealers outside this state cannot sell us warranty contracts because of our goofball laws (please don't get me started on that).

Then I contacted Highline Autos, again from this thread. The rep, Trenton, explained that although they are based in Arizona, they can sell warranties in California. His quote was very competitive compared with the prices discussed here (DM me if you'd like the exact price). I did my due diligence on both Highline Auto and Fidelity and bought the 3-Year/36K Platinum warranty from Highline Autos.

For anyone else in California having this same issue, I would recommend Highline Autos.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this post, and I hope my story is helpful.
The following 2 users liked this post by Thruster:
Highline-Autos.com (07-07-2022), zerospeed (07-17-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 09:55 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Happy to help @Thruster ! Highline Autos operates in both Arizona and California, zero issues issuing in California. Here is my contact information for those interested: tgibson@highline-autos.com (855) 924-1333
Old 07-14-2022, 01:05 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Well the Platinum Fidelity Warranty pays off again!!

Windshield washer line coming from the pump under the trunk into the hood before splitting off to the two washers split in half. No clue how / why. I guess it got brittle. So I took it in to have it repaired and they found a slight leak from a coolant line also.

Long story short, Fidelity covered both repairs ($1127+) and my portion was my $250 deductible plus tax.

This is my second car with a Fidelity Warranty (Platinum) and I'm a huge proponent of having one for these type of vehicles.

Last edited by Big Swole; 07-14-2022 at 10:32 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Big Swole:
sbrooks64 (07-22-2022), Sincity (07-14-2022), vg247 (07-18-2022)
Old 07-14-2022, 01:57 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We love to see it @Big Swole !
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (07-14-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 02:57 PM
agent325
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Any recommendation to purchase Fidelity warranty in California? A few of the recommended contacts cant sell in CA.
Old 07-18-2022, 03:17 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by agent325
Any recommendation to purchase Fidelity warranty in California? A few of the recommended contacts cant sell in CA.
Hey @agent325 we are able to issue Fidelity policies for California residents no problem, my contact information is tgibson@highline-autos.com (855) 924-1333
Old 07-18-2022, 06:51 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 515 Likes on 341 Posts
Default Warranty in CA

CA has some sort of law on the books that aftermarket warranties cannot be sold on line. Trying to save us from scammers. I live in CA, but my daughter is in NY, so I used a NY address when I boght my Platinum Warranty. It seems that @agent325 is able to issue Fidelity policies for California residents as his response to this thread.

Last edited by Martin S.; 07-18-2022 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-18-2022, 08:45 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Martin S.
CA has some sort of law on the books that aftermarket warranties cannot be sold on line. Trying to save us from scammers. I live in CA, but my daughter is in NY, so I used a NY address when I boght my Platinum Warranty. It seems that @agent325 is able to issue Fidelity policies for California residents as his response to this thread.
Highline Autos has no issues issuing policies for California residence because we operate in both Arizona and California, all of the policies both Fidelity and Freedom are recognized by both providers, customers, and dealerships/service shops across California.
Old 07-18-2022, 09:26 PM
agent325
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
Hey @agent325 we are able to issue Fidelity policies for California residents no problem, my contact information is tgibson@highline-autos.com (855) 924-1333

Will Call you tomorrow - Thanks!
Highline-Autos.com (07-18-2022)
Old 07-22-2022, 12:55 PM
agent325
Addict
Rennlist Member

Will Call you tomorrow - Thanks!
Just purchased the Platinum Fidelity warranty through Trent.

Highly recommended!
Highline-Autos.com (07-22-2022)

Quick Reply: The Fidelity Platinum Megathread