Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Fidelity Platinum Megathread

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 03:12 PM
beefchopper
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

I just completed a purchase of the Fidelity platinum warranty for a Boxster with Michael Bernardo. He's knowledgeable, easy to work with and offered the most competitive pricing.
Old 08-31-2021, 03:39 PM
sfzobie
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too just bought an extended warranty from Michael Bernardo, simple and easy. Saved a lot vs. what dealer wanted and customized term to exactly what I wanted. Highly recommend working with Michael
Old 09-04-2021, 06:45 PM
robininni
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I was doing an online quote and I don't get any pricing--says this purchase will have to be completed at the dealership. Why is that? It's a 2018 Panamera Sport Turismo e-hybrid Turbo S with low miles still under factory warranty.
Old 09-04-2021, 08:06 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by robininni
I was doing an online quote and I don't get any pricing--says this purchase will have to be completed at the dealership. Why is that? It's a 2018 Panamera Sport Turismo e-hybrid Turbo S with low miles still under factory warranty.
Hm, send me a private message with your full VIN anD exact mileage and I will check what is available for your vehicle.

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)
The following users liked this post:
acwild70 (09-06-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 07:31 PM
MRHUMANROBOT
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone worked w/ a dealer in the NYC area that's dealt w/ Fidelity Platinum? I had some CELs that corrected themselves quickly, but am seeking a diagnostic for clean bill of health. My closest local dealer is the main one in Manhattan and they said something to the effect of "We don't deal with 3rd party warranty's, you'd have to pay us first then file claim." They also quoted $430 for a diagnostic and forgive me for finding that high.

Background on the CELs:
User error with selecting gear led to quick stall. PASM, 4 Wheel Drive, Engine Fault (possible to drive), and one other came on. Shut off for a few mins, restarted. Engine Fault, possible to drive stayed on until destination. Sat for 3 hours, and went away. Haven't seen it in last 3 weeks (non-daily driver), no sounds, performance issues of any kind.
Old 09-08-2021, 02:34 PM
Burmonster
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Warranty purchase from Michael yesterday. Very seamless and even called me back promptly to ensure I received the Rennlist discount. A+ will use again.
Old 09-09-2021, 07:36 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 430 Likes on 307 Posts
Default I wonder if thats a violation of

Some portion of the warranty act driving business only to the manufacturer. This may be a concern in the future as other stealerships follow suit. Everyone is selling car warranties and im guessing 15% may be legit. Did you report to fidelity that the dealer is refusing to work with them as they have a vested interest.

Originally Posted by MRHUMANROBOT
Has anyone worked w/ a dealer in the NYC area that's dealt w/ Fidelity Platinum? I had some CELs that corrected themselves quickly, but am seeking a diagnostic for clean bill of health. My closest local dealer is the main one in Manhattan and they said something to the effect of "We don't deal with 3rd party warranty's, you'd have to pay us first then file claim." They also quoted $430 for a diagnostic and forgive me for finding that high.

Background on the CELs:
User error with selecting gear led to quick stall. PASM, 4 Wheel Drive, Engine Fault (possible to drive), and one other came on. Shut off for a few mins, restarted. Engine Fault, possible to drive stayed on until destination. Sat for 3 hours, and went away. Haven't seen it in last 3 weeks (non-daily driver), no sounds, performance issues of any kind.
Old 09-09-2021, 07:45 AM
MRHUMANROBOT
Track Day

I did tell my contact (who is one of the people frequently referenced here), but I wouldn't say I "reported". He also didn't seem too concerned about their behavior. His advice was to hit the forums to find a different local dealer the group may know of.

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
Some portion of the warranty act driving business only to the manufacturer. This may be a concern in the future as other stealerships follow suit. Everyone is selling car warranties and im guessing 15% may be legit. Did you report to fidelity that the dealer is refusing to work with them as they have a vested interest.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:03 PM
caritch
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MRHUMANROBOT
I did tell my contact (who is one of the people frequently referenced here), but I wouldn't say I "reported". He also didn't seem too concerned about their behavior. His advice was to hit the forums to find a different local dealer the group may know of.
Did you try
https://www.formulamotorsports.com/ in Long Island city. I have not used them yet - but they were very helpful around an issue. They are Porsche only service.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:13 PM
MRHUMANROBOT
Track Day

Originally Posted by caritch
Did you try
https://www.formulamotorsports.com/ in Long Island city. I have not used them yet - but they were very helpful around an issue. They are Porsche only service.
I have used them - they changed my oil a few weeks ago - I can send Michael a note to see if that'd be helpful. They are easy to work with and actually closer to me than Manhattan Motorcars as I live in LIC, I just figured going directly to a dealer w/ the connected PIWIS may have a benefit, perhaps incorrectly.

Old 09-09-2021, 01:03 PM
p010sp0rt8
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 9 Posts

Has anyone with fidelity been able to convince them to replace the sport chrono clock when the backlight goes out?
Old 09-10-2021, 08:32 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 201 Posts

I understand correctly that I want to wait until the end of my factory warranty to purchase a fidelity extension to get the most time out of it?
Old 09-10-2021, 09:21 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,108 Likes on 1,328 Posts

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
I understand correctly that I want to wait until the end of my factory warranty to purchase a fidelity extension to get the most time out of it?

That'd be mine plan. Why buy one until you need it. Maybe a month before ending to make sure no issues arise.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:57 PM
vg247
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
correct, but pending your mileage the price might increase ..so you may want to ask about quotes at your current model year snd mileage vs say if you exceed 20, 25, 30 k miles etc
Old 09-10-2021, 11:24 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by vg247
correct, but pending your mileage the price might increase ..so you may want to ask about quotes at your current model year snd mileage vs say if you exceed 20, 25, 30 k miles etc
At 30 months old I have around 1400 miles. So I am not concerned about the 10k miles bump happening, I would just like to benefit from as much time as possible.

Quick Reply: The Fidelity Platinum Megathread