Sponsored by:

The Fidelity Platinum Megathread

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 04:45 PM
jbrin
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars
So glad to help. It was a pleasure to make it work!
Can you offer some insight on the deductible? Is it per invoice? $0 deductible premium quoted seems a bit high, much more reasonable with deductible. I figure walking away from any Porsche cashier window out only a couple of hundred a win. Thanks in advance.

(2015 Panamera S, 42,000mi, exits CPO warranty 5/30/21, Texas)
Old 05-05-2021, 04:47 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 120 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by jbrin
Can you offer some insight on the deductible? Is it per invoice? $0 deductible premium quoted seems a bit high, much more reasonable with deductible. I figure walking away from any Porsche cashier window out only a couple of hundred a win. Thanks in advance.

(2015 Panamera S, 42,000mi, exits CPO warranty 5/30/21, Texas)
MY recommendation is for sure the $100
ded or $250 Ded - $0 is much too expensive in most cases, say you’ll have to make multiple visits to break even. The deductible is PER VISIT not PER REPAIR, so in most cases, the deductible
option is always the most favorable

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)
Old 05-05-2021, 06:06 PM
jbrin
5th Gear

Thumbs up

MY recommendation is for sure the $100
ded or $250 Ded - $0 is much too expensive in most cases, say you’ll have to make multiple visits to break even. The deductible is PER VISIT not PER REPAIR, so in most cases, the deductible
option is always the most favorable
Thanks for the info. Very helpful.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:17 PM
jbrin
5th Gear

What about pre-cert authorizations for repairs? Is dealer/shop dealt with and paid directly or do I have to play go-between? Limitations on choice of shop?
Old 05-05-2021, 10:16 PM
atc1011
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Between the platinum and the gold what’s the major difference there. I’m wanting to just make sure the engine/trans/electrical is covered
Old 05-06-2021, 09:28 AM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,246 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by atc1011
Between the platinum and the gold what’s the major difference there. I’m wanting to just make sure the engine/trans/electrical is covered
If I had a manual trans I think I would do Gold. There is speculation that the sensor(s) inside the PDK transmission wouldn't be covered under any plan but Platinum.

I just picked up a 2 year Platinum. Hopefully this 991 shortage is over in 2 years and I can move up to a turbocharged or GT car.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:05 PM
Vinh Nguyen
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 97 Posts

This might be a stupid question but if you have the fidelity warranty, where do you take the car to exactly?
Old 05-07-2021, 02:06 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,246 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by Vinh Nguyen
This might be a stupid question but if you have the fidelity warranty, where do you take the car to exactly?
A dealership or mechanic shop
Old 05-07-2021, 02:07 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Vinh Nguyen
Any ASE Certified repair facility can handle the repairs. Just connect with Fidelity, get authorization, and you’re good to go.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:10 PM
Vinh Nguyen
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 97 Posts

Any ASE Certified repair facility can handle the repairs. Just connect with Fidelity, get authorization, and you’re good to go.
Thank you sir!

Old 05-07-2021, 04:41 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 445 Likes on 318 Posts

Fidelity sells a product called one card that covers key fob replacement of up to $400 per year. Does anyone know how to purchase One Card ?
Old 05-09-2021, 02:46 PM
Mawgie
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you, OP Carrera991, this is an extremely helpful thread. I’m looking for a 2016-2017 Cayenne S, and want to evaluate the cost of a longer than CPO warranty, primarily for the known issues with the transfer case; valve cover leaks; and timing cover leaks. I have emails out to the recommended Fidelity warranty sellers, and will post the results here.

For anyone just jumping into Warranty research/quote getting, see post #1 in this thread for the email addresses of RL-recommended aftermarket warranty sellers. As of this morning, all the email addresses seemed to be working.
Old 05-09-2021, 05:36 PM
Carrera991
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Mawgie
Thank you, OP Carrera991, this is an extremely helpful thread. I’m looking for a 2016-2017 Cayenne S, and want to evaluate the cost of a longer than CPO warranty, primarily for the known issues with the transfer case; valve cover leaks; and timing cover leaks. I have emails out to the recommended Fidelity warranty sellers, and will post the results here.

For anyone just jumping into Warranty research/quote getting, see post #1 in this thread for the email addresses of RL-recommended aftermarket warranty sellers. As of this morning, all the email addresses seemed to be working.
You are more than welcome. When I was searching for a Warranty I was looking through multiple threads for contacts to compare prices with, so this thread puts all of them in one spot.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:37 PM
Mawgie
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Update, re: attempt to get extended warranty quotes for a 2016-2017 Cayenne S, non-CPO.....

I heard back from Troy Dietrich in Greenfield, MA. He informed me that he can only sell a Fidelity warranty "sight unseen" if the car is within the original Porsche 4/50 warranty. His email did seem to indicate (not entirely sure) that if I brought a car to his dealership outside of the 4/50 warranty, they might be able to inspect and warranty it.

I also tried the online warranty quote system from Steingold Volvo (Michael Bernardo, which was not pleasant. Very rudimentary, and the system sent me an annoying email afterward telling me I had made "a purchase". 12 hours later I received an email stating that no warranty was available for my car. I also sent Michael Bernardo a direct email with all the specifics asking him to prepare a quote for me. He left me a voicemail referencing the fact that the online system did not work for me.

I'll update more as I hear more.

Old 05-10-2021, 07:55 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mawgie
Update, re: attempt to get extended warranty quotes for a 2016-2017 Cayenne S, non-CPO.....

I heard back from Troy Dietrich in Greenfield, MA. He informed me that he can only sell a Fidelity warranty "sight unseen" if the car is within the original Porsche 4/50 warranty. His email did seem to indicate (not entirely sure) that if I brought a car to his dealership outside of the 4/50 warranty, they might be able to inspect and warranty it.

I also tried the online warranty quote system from Steingold Volvo (Michael Bernardo, which was not pleasant. Very rudimentary, and the system sent me an annoying email afterward telling me I had made "a purchase". 12 hours later I received an email stating that no warranty was available for my car. I also sent Michael Bernardo a direct email with all the specifics asking him to prepare a quote for me. He left me a voicemail referencing the fact that the online system did not work for me.

I'll update more as I hear more.
So sorry the system acted up for you - due to high volume, browsers can get hung up a bit, and cause errors. Apologies for the system, as we’ll help for sure if we can. Send us a PM to make sure we have the correct VIN, along with exact mileage, and I’ll try it in the backend. And we’ll be sure to apply the RENNLIST promocode discount!
The following users liked this post:
rogersdba (05-25-2021)

Quick Reply: The Fidelity Platinum Megathread