Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Refinished Porsche Badge From "interestedparty" On eBay

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 09:24 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,366 Likes on 2,309 Posts

I consider my hood crest a work of art and when I sell the car I will be tempted to keep it, which I cannot say for anything else on it. And even Jim said it turned out to be one of his finest.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:08 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Roswell88
^^ Wow really? I don’t even know the difference between old crest & new crest & whatnot. I only asked you to use the same as you did with Bob.

I never asked you for a refund , I asked to ship back to you so you can do a better job in a timely manner & not make me wait another 5 months. It’s then you offered a refund.

Bob knows all the story, don’t come on here make you feel like the victim. You never apologized for the sub par work for a 150$US tiny crest Learn to admit your mistake, I’ve been in the retail business for 35 years & never treated a customer like you treated me.

And I didn’t start a thread to bad mouth you, I’m just surprised to see I’m not the only one who had received a poor quality crest.
I in no way "feel like the victim". And if you weren't happy with the work on your airbag crest then why didn't you take me up on my offer for a refund? Seems counterintuitive. Here's a bit of advice. If you're ordering custom refinished pieces for your Porsche don't tell a vendor to falsify a customs form and declare the items for a fraction of their value. That speaks quite a bit about your character...or lack thereof.

One of your last emails to me stated that if I didn't pay for the additional modifications to your steering wheel crest done by some person in Canada then you were going to "S" talk me on Rennlist. So, as you stated, here you are. Dealing with a fellow Porsche owner like Bob, and others here on Rennlist, has been a pleasure. I cannot say the same for you.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:21 PM
Roswell88
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 186 Posts

^^ you sent me a crest that was coloured with a sharpie , and that is not worth more than a 20$ eBay crest . And you get offended by the declared value. Lol

And then emailed me you wanted to send your mob friends after me LOL

Classic customer service.

If I was about money & needed the 150$US back , I would have sent back for a full refund but I didn’t want to deal with you anymore. And didn’t you read I didn’t use the airbag crest? It shows you I don’t care about your money anymore cuz you failed at rectifying your poor job as requested.

OP & I just wanted the members to know you are a hit & miss , and have very poor customer service. I’m done replying to you like to your threat emails.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:04 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Roswell88
^^ you sent me a crest that was coloured with a sharpie , and that is not worth more than a 20$ eBay crest . And you get offended by the declared value. Lol

And then emailed me you wanted to send your mob friends after me LOL

Classic customer service.

If I was about money & needed the 150$US back , I would have sent back for a full refund but I didn’t want to deal with you anymore. And didn’t you read I didn’t use the airbag crest? It shows you I don’t care about your money anymore cuz you failed at rectifying your poor job as requested.

OP & I just wanted the members to know you are a hit & miss , and have very poor customer service. I’m done replying to you like to your threat emails.

"Sharpie". that's funny. I wasn't "offended" by the declared value you claim. You asked me when you initially placed your order to declare it with a fraction of the amount you paid so that you could avoid the import duty in Canada. I spent 25+ years as a Federal Law Enforcement Officer here in the US and you want me to falsify a Customs Form? So that you could save $25 + or -? Again that speaks volumes about your character, or lack thereof.

As I said previously dealing with the majority of fellow Porsche owners here for the past ten years has been a pleasure. I do appreciate the kind words and good reviews of the previous posters in this thread. The same cannot be said for you.

Just so I'm clear...no complaints then about the hood crest we refinished for you...correct?

Take care, mask up and stay safe! Cheers: Jim

Last edited by intrepidagent; 07-01-2020 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-04-2020, 12:35 PM
Ketzer
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm about five months in since payment, but still very excited and hopeful about my crests/emblems.
Looking back through several forum threads today shows some truly beautiful craftsmanship and attention to detail.

Jeff-
Old 10-04-2020, 02:08 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ketzer
I'm about five months in since payment, but still very excited and hopeful about my crests/emblems.
Looking back through several forum threads today shows some truly beautiful craftsmanship and attention to detail.

Jeff-
Did you ask Jim for an update? I look forward to seeing what you get!
Old 10-04-2020, 02:30 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,125 Likes on 672 Posts

Asking people to wait 5 months for an emblem is way out of bounds, imho
Old 10-04-2020, 02:38 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
I waited about that long for all of mine and would have waited twice as long based on what I received. There is no one else making these, at least in the colors I specified, so there was no other option.
Old 10-04-2020, 02:44 PM
Ketzer
AutoX

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Did you ask Jim for an update? I look forward to seeing what you get!
I received an email reply mid-June saying they were half done. I've reached out a couple times since but have not gotten a reply.
I read through all the threads I could find before contacting Jim. I knew of the possible wait time from other postings.I have experience with one-off handmade parts so this is not my first calf roping....
Nothing quite as flashy as yours Bob, my car is Chalk and I'm getting some nickel/black/anthracite but will still be precious gems on the car!

Jeff-
Old 10-04-2020, 02:47 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ketzer
I received an email reply mid-June saying they were half done. I've reached out a couple times since but have not gotten a reply.
I read through all the threads I could find before contacting Jim. I knew of the possible wait time from other postings.I have experience with one-off handmade parts so this is not my first calf roping....
Nothing quite as flashy as yours Bob, my car is Chalk and I'm getting some nickel/black/anthracite but will still be precious gems on the car!

Jeff-
I really like Chalk and almost went with it but my wife reminded me how I like bright colors! I am sure it will look great when you get it and if you do not have it try Jim here for an update: jyurgealitis@gmail.com
Old 10-04-2020, 02:53 PM
Ketzer
AutoX

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
As Bob said, very few options for this specific type of custom work. I'm not saying that means it's ok to allow poor service, no amount of talent or product is an excuse to treat the customer badly...BUT, I did research before contacting Jim. I would encourage others to do same. I knew it was his hobby, not his career.

As a side note, I waited 14 months on some custom carbon fiber parts once...they were supposed to take 30 days.

Jeff-
Old 10-04-2020, 03:01 PM
Ketzer
AutoX

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I really like Chalk and almost went with it but my wife reminded me how I like bright colors! I am sure it will look great when you get it and if you do not have it try Jim here for an update: jyurgealitis@gmail.com
I was in a similar situation, only the conversation was more like..."We are getting Chalk..." "Yes, dear..."

All of my exchanges have been through the email you suggested, but I recently also sent one through the CarreraEast email just in case I had fallen into a spam folder.
Hopefully I am close. Perfectly ok with receiving goods instead of emails.

Jeff-
Old 10-05-2020, 01:53 PM
jfischet
Three Wheelin'

Received 602 Likes on 353 Posts

the work is artistic and custom made.

I dont expect artists to run businesses like engineers.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:13 PM
PV997
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,468 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by jfischet
the work is artistic and custom made.

I dont expect artists to run businesses like engineers.
Yes, the world needs plenty of flakes and nuts along with the people who get things done!
Old 10-06-2020, 02:14 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PV997
Yes, the world needs plenty of flakes and nuts along with the people who get things done!
???

Quick Reply: Refinished Porsche Badge From "interestedparty" On eBay