Banned

Received 1,151 Likes on 630 Posts

We don't need no stinking' badges...
Old 06-20-2020, 09:44 PM
paddlefoot64
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by xford
My take on Jim is that his "business" is really more of a hobby that, along with his daughter (at least at the time because it was a while ago), they do on the side. I also think he can be disingenuous at times possibly due to disorganization. The product for the most part is excellent but customer service is lacking at best. My experience in ordering a custom crest and other pieces (all pre-paid) was that many e-mails were not responded to at all, or when they were, there were significant delays. After receiving the hood crest in a few months of the initial order the communication basically stopped and when he did reply there were numerous excuses - too busy, out of town, etc. The final straw after 8 months of waiting was when I saw people on forums that had ordered after me receiving their finished products. His story was the smaller pieces are done "in batches" causing the issue which I believe to be partially untrue since others had received small pieces within a shorter time window. At that point I asked for my money back which was promptly returned. All that said I'm very happy with my white and espresso custom crest and there were no fitment issues.

So sorry to hear of the issues. That being said, that badge is a true work of art!
Old 06-20-2020, 11:03 PM
BA73
Racer

Received 238 Likes on 100 Posts

"Moral of the story, for those who got a good product & didn't need service after sale life is good. For those who needed assistance, they are left with a bitter taste."

Nailed it. If you like to gamble a couple hundred on a hand, do business with this guy!

The following users liked this post:
Roswell88 (06-20-2020)
Old 06-21-2020, 12:09 AM
LTP
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

my order was recenlty refunded as well.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:21 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,461 Likes on 2,362 Posts

Originally Posted by garfunkle
Speak for yourself - mine are works of art and get compliments from most everyone that sees them, and they are perfect - Jim told me my hood crest was probably the best one he ever did based on the way it came out. Maybe I was just one of the lucky ones, but I can say for a fact that there are WAY more happy customers than unhappy ones. I feel bad once in a while when I hear that someone I referred to him winds up not happy but to date there has been only one, out of a LOT.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bob Z.:
paddlefoot64 (06-21-2020), Roswell88 (06-21-2020)
Old 06-21-2020, 12:26 AM
paddlefoot64
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by garfunkle
Good one! Can’t believe I didn’t think of that Mel Brooks line.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:48 AM
Roswell88
Burning Brakes

Received 366 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Speak for yourself - mine are works of art and get compliments from most everyone that sees them, and they are perfect - Jim told me my hood crest was probably the best one he ever did based on the way it came out. Maybe I was just one of the lucky ones, but I can say for a fact that there are WAY more happy customers than unhappy ones. I feel bad once in a while when I hear that someone I referred to him winds up not happy but to date there has been only one, out of a LOT.
Dont feel bad about anything Bob, you have been outstanding as always. None of this is your fault & it’s beyond your control.

And I do understand no one is perfect , and he must be busy with tons of orders & rushing orders to deliver on time must be stressful & could create lower quality crests.

I think the problem here is he needs to have a helper to take orders, answer emails or deal with unhappy customers. Him giving as excuse it’s only a hobby & he doesn’t need to sell crests to put food on the table won’t cut it for the customers who paid for a product several months ago & is waiting.
Old 06-21-2020, 08:50 PM
Ch20brain
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been trying to email and get ahold of Jim for months now. I did some research into adding custom badges to my vehicle and really liked the attention to detail and combinations I saw from Carrera-East. I sent a total of four emails over the last 6 months and received one quick reply to send a picture of the color combination I would like on the hood crest, wheel caps, and airbag. Excited, I quickly sent the required information and attached a photo, and it’s been radio silence for eight weeks.

I must enjoy pain because I still think I have a chance to have my order filled. I know he is only doing this as a hobby, but it’s a bit of a disappointment.......but then again I’ve been married for 25 years, so I’m use to pain and disappointment.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ch20brain:
paddlefoot64 (06-21-2020), Roswell88 (06-22-2020)
Old 06-21-2020, 09:03 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,461 Likes on 2,362 Posts

Originally Posted by Ch20brain
I have been trying to email and get ahold of Jim for months now. I did some research into adding custom badges to my vehicle and really liked the attention to detail and combinations I saw from Carrera-East. I sent a total of four emails over the last 6 months and received one quick reply to send a picture of the color combination I would like on the hood crest, wheel caps, and airbag. Excited, I quickly sent the required information and attached a photo, and it’s been radio silence for eight weeks.

I must enjoy pain because I still think I have a chance to have my order filled. I know he is only doing this as a hobby, but it’s a bit of a disappointment.......but then again I’ve been married for 25 years, so I’m use to pain and disappointment.
Email him and tell him you are ready to proceed and pay, and send it to these 2 email addresses: jyurgealitis@gmail.com carreraeast@gmail.com

I have had the whole set on my car for over a year and they still catch my eye.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:18 PM
Ch20brain
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Bob.....I will do that. Seeing your car and custom touches makes me want these even more.

Cheers, Jason.
The following users liked this post:
paddlefoot64 (06-21-2020)
Old 06-22-2020, 12:09 AM
Roswell88
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ch20brain

LOL @ the pain from being married for 25 years 😂😂
Old 06-29-2020, 09:41 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Roswell88
I can feel your pain cuz I went through the same ordeal. Almost no communications while waiting for my crest to be done & shipped (took 5 months).

Then my airbag crest got delayed , then when I finally received it, it looked like it was painted with a sharpie, we could see the red under the black paint. lol

And of course , when I got upset for not getting after sale support , he emailed me his rant which I prefer not to disclose here but Bob Z saw the email & agreed it was not professional to treat a paying customers who waited this long for a product.

Moral of the story, for those who got a good product & didn’t need service after sale life is good. For those who needed assistance, they are left with a bitter taste.
If you recall correctly sir, you were not happy with the work done on the crest and, additionally, wanted to modify it. You had asked me to refinish a "new" style 996 piece (with outlined PORSCHE lettering in the top banner) and a "older" style 356 hood crest (with solid lettering) for your steering wheel. You also complained repeatedly about the cost of a refinished 356 crest after I stated you would need to order a new AR marked 356 hood handle crest and have it shipped to me for refinishing. That's what Bob Z did without hesitation. Finally, after your repeated pleas for a lower price I relented and refinished a 356 piece I had on hand at a reduced price. After your complaints about my work I replied that if you weren't happy with the steering wheel piece then return it and I would refund your payment. You refused and added that if I didn't agree to pay for the modifications you wanted done by an individual in Canada you would do your best to "S" talk me on Rennlist. So here you are.

Last edited by intrepidagent; 06-29-2020 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:12 PM
Roswell88
Burning Brakes

^^ Wow really? I don’t even know the difference between old crest & new crest & whatnot. I only asked you to use the same as you did with Bob.

I never asked you for a refund , I asked to ship back to you so you can do a better job in a timely manner & not make me wait another 5 months. It’s then you offered a refund.

Bob knows all the story, don’t come on here make you feel like the victim. You never apologized for the sub par work for a 150$US tiny crest Learn to admit your mistake, I’ve been in the retail business for 35 years & never treated a customer like you treated me.

And I didn’t start a thread to bad mouth you, I’m just surprised to see I’m not the only one who had received a poor quality crest.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:29 AM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 130 Likes on 88 Posts

Jim’s done right by me and is truly talented and a craftsman based on the attention to detail. Yes, it took about 8 weeks but I knew that going in. I’ve had three done over the years and always been pleased. Here is the last one he did....

The following 2 users liked this post by SoCal C2S:
paddlefoot64 (06-30-2020), Wrtflyr (10-04-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 08:16 AM
Roswell88
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SoCal C2S
Jim’s done right by me and is truly talented and a craftsman based on the attention to detail. Yes, it took about 8 weeks but I knew that going in. I’ve had three done over the years and always been pleased. Here is the last one he did....

I should thank you cuz you were my inspiration to get the black & red crest. I basically copied you lol

As for the airbag crest, I never used it on the airbag as it wasn’t good. I didn’t want to stare at the imperfections everytime I drive.

Quick Reply: Refinished Porsche Badge From "interestedparty" On eBay