Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 Cobb Accessport, post your results

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 06:23 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 634 Likes on 345 Posts

Mitch did tweak my race launch a long time ago but, the best I could get was 3.1 for 0-60. It was on full tank on normal roadway with too much air in tires. That being said, I think I removed the tune that had the tweak somewhere along the way as I didnt feel it was any better than factory. I would love to be at 2.9 or something like that, but maybe with a little less air pressure I might be there right now..

I have said it before but, I will repeat myself.. I think Mitch is one of the best tuners in the world and put more confidence in him figuring it out than anyone else. He just needs to find the time to do it.
Old 06-17-2020, 07:22 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by M Engineering
This is not accurate. I made the 991.2 software to start in a 2 week time span at COBB including reverse engineering and calibration for 9 cars, all in California working 18 hour days. I then made the decision to leave COBB. When I left I didn't touch 991.2 tuning for various reasons, some were decently serious to the point where I had to stay clear of it. It's not like I left and kept doing 991.2 stuff, as we are heavily focused on McLaren as well as the DS1 device for the 4.0L Audi with Dyno Spectrum. I didn't leave and work remotely for COBB at any time.

Now we have started back doing more protuning with the AP and looking back at this issue, and for the most part have it all solved. We know what causes it, how to fix it. We are incrementally fixing it in Nabils car but this is the first car that we have sat down and really worked on it. I would imagine by the end of this week the car should be in the low 7's 60-130 and shifting as it should. Nabil has been great for giving feedback.

As for map switching, he is talking about full map switching for different fuels and all sorts of other things like we do on the McLaren.

Hope that helps to clear up the misinformation about me and M-Engineering, and why this was not touched till now on our end.

-Mitch McKee
Very Cool.

I have been running 50% E85 for almost two years on a Pro-Tune.
I only get that issue occasionally. Its usually early on in the day when things are cool.

I have been trying to get MoTeC to do a M142 for our car. All up its $18,500 AUD. $11K is the software development. None of that includes engine tuning. Once done, I can add Motorsport ABS and even operate my Tractive suspension through it.

i can also up grade the turbo’s.

Its a big chunk of change, and they have been promising for over a year. Now they are saying I’m up next as soon as they finish the current project. Still waiting.

i am interested to see what mitch is offering. Can it be pro tuned by my own guy once setup?

My guy tunes car that are constantly breaking world records. So Mitch is not the only guy that knows what he is doing.
Old 06-17-2020, 07:28 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

To the best of my knowledge, every pro tune is locked to the tuner and the car. There is a way to unlock it, but its not just as simple as me emailing you my tune to upload. It wont work without being unlocked.

As far as being the only guy who knows how to tune, no Mitch isnt the only guy. But if you are pro tuning with Cobb I doubt anyone is better on the Cobb platform than he is, after all he built it.
Old 06-17-2020, 07:32 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
To the best of my knowledge, every pro tune is locked to the tuner and the car. There is a way to unlock it, but its not just as simple as me emailing you my tune to upload. It wont work without being unlocked.

As far as being the only guy who knows how to tune, no Mitch isnt the only guy. But if you are pro tuning with Cobb I doubt anyone is better on the Cobb platform than he is, after all he built it.

Strip confirmed 10 second car. Its not my best, but it more than enough to beat everything so far.

We can talk when i see another confirmed 10 second 991.2 3.0.
Old 06-17-2020, 07:41 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Is that a joke? My car with mis shift from 3-4th without 80% of your performance parts and weighing at least 500 lbs more on the street with overinflated tires did the same 10.88 seconds.
Your car is built for this, Its stripped down and completely modified. My car has essentially nothing but bolt ons but its Fast AF. if I can just fix the shift I cannot imagine the times..

See Dragy to prove I am not making this up.. Based on what I have into my car and what my fat *** and my cars fat *** weigh, I am not overly impressed with your tune.
Mitch is still King in my books. Even if he never fixes the shift, his tune is an absolute monster and super reliable.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:46 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Is that a joke? My car with mis shift from 3-4th without 80% of your performance parts and weighing at least 500 lbs more on the street with overinflated tires did the same 10.88 seconds.
Your car is built for this, Its stripped down and completely modified. My car has essentially nothing but bolt ons but its Fast AF. if I can just fix the shift I cannot imagine the times..

See Dragy to prove I am not making this up.. Based on what I have into my car and what my fat *** and my cars fat *** weigh, I am not overly impressed with your tune.
Mitch is still King in my books. Even if he never fixes the shift, his tune is an absolute monster and super reliable.

Draggy Doesn't count. Whilst its at least something, Its not 100% accurate. Go to the strip if you want to claim a 10 second car. It's not done until its done.

The ticket I posted was an insanly hot day, with no track prep. I was spinning all over the place and never broke 130mph, and I had the mis shift and still ran a ten.

Plenty of draggy pretenders. Lets see a Strip time.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:46 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Let me add... if my tune was in your car it would be no contest...you would beat me by at least a couple car lengths based on your performance parts and lighter car alone.

Get Mitch to remote tune your car based on my tune. We both have GTS's with "similar" components. He can get you 90% of the way there with my tune. Then you will have a true beast..

As far as being a Dragy pretender, thats all I got and there is a high probability I will never track this car to get you what you want.

However, why dont you do a Dragy "pretender" run and see if you can get a result better than 10.88? If you cant then maybe you arent as fast as you think
Old 06-17-2020, 07:49 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Let me add... if my tune was in your car it would be no contest...you would beat me by at least a couple car lengths based on your performance parts and lighter car alone.

Get Mitch to remote tune your car based on my tune. We both have GTS's with "similar" components. He can get you 90% of the way there with my tune. Then you will have a true beast..

As far as being a Dragy pretender, thats all I got and there is a high probability I will never track this car to get you what you want.

However, why dont you do a Dragy "pretender" run and see if you can get a result better than 10.88? If you cant then maybe you arent as fast as you think
I wish I could post Video's. I forwarded some Videos to a Board sponsor. I hope they post some.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:39 AM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,527 Likes on 551 Posts

Lots of talented folks out there for sure not just us.

We are sticking with the AP, and yes we are getting back to protuning people. If you have questions on it feel free to email us at info@m-engineering.us and we will be happy to answer any questions.

Cheers guys have a nice night/day where ever you may be.

Mitch

Old 06-18-2020, 07:40 AM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,798 Likes on 899 Posts

Originally Posted by M Engineering
Lots of talented folks out there for sure not just us.

We are sticking with the AP, and yes we are getting back to protuning people. If you have questions on it feel free to email us at info@m-engineering.us and we will be happy to answer any questions.

Cheers guys have a nice night/day where ever you may be.

Mitch
Just emailed, thanks
Old 06-18-2020, 10:53 AM
991.two
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 56 Posts

Can someone explain why my Torque Limit & Torque Actual are being pulled back on some of my WOT runs?

Old 06-18-2020, 02:53 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 586 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.two
Can someone explain why my Torque Limit & Torque Actual are being pulled back on some of my WOT runs?

I'm completely guessing, but the torque limit may be tied to an Intake Air Temp table in order to avoid knock. If you plot your IATs, it should be increasing during the pull. When you let off the throttle after the pull, the torque limit slowly started to go up. I imagine the IATs were also slowly going down.
Old 06-19-2020, 12:36 AM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,125 Likes on 670 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0

Strip confirmed 10 second car. Its not my best, but it more than enough to beat everything so far.

We can talk when i see another confirmed 10 second 991.2 3.0.
So to update...APR just put their 991.2 carerra t on the track (gts turbos, Intercoolers, tune) and it did 10.4 @133.xxmph.
The following users liked this post:
thesaintusa (06-19-2020)
Old 06-19-2020, 12:41 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by polobai
So to update...APR just put their 991.2 carerra t on the track (gts turbos, Intercoolers, tune) and it did 10.4 @133.xxmph.
Game on. Hold my beer.

Congrats APR btw.
The following 2 users liked this post by 4 Point 0:
polobai (06-19-2020), thesaintusa (06-19-2020)
Old 06-19-2020, 12:42 AM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 586 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by polobai
E85 is all sorts of wonderful!
The following users liked this post:
polobai (06-19-2020)

Quick Reply: 991.2 Cobb Accessport, post your results