Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 Cobb Accessport, post your results

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 11:26 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 636 Likes on 347 Posts

You want a little extra, thats why they make conservative OTS off the shelf tunes that do exactly that.
Different strokes for different folks. I stop at protune and bolt ons, others do E85, Nitrous and Injection.
We all have our desires and risk reward valuations. And for the record, the OTS stage 2 tune from Cobb was causing the same torque issues, so its just a matter of how aggressive you want the tune.
I can promise you my car is just as drivable as a stock car. Just as reliable but with better gas mileage and a whole lot faster...
Old 06-24-2020, 01:06 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 953 Posts

I've started playing more with the Cobb data logging.
What's the take on the reported Torque values in Cobb? Just doing road passes vs dyno test, so curious on how they actually compare.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:15 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 880 Likes on 581 Posts

Yeah bro, you want to take any of this personally thats on you. I didnt have a problem with the OTS stage 2 in my car and doing all kinds of bolt ons and variations is not for me. I have sold enough cars in my time to know thats a huge losing proposition and a extremely limited pool to sell to.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:54 PM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,127 Likes on 670 Posts

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
I've started playing more with the Cobb data logging.
What's the take on the reported Torque values in Cobb? Just doing road passes vs dyno test, so curious on how they actually compare.
Not accurate compared to an actual dyno from what I understand.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:21 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by Nabil_3.0
@PTS-BRG Hey bud just want to update every one again this time the delay is me as the weather is total crap here in SFL Mitch did send me a file well over a week ago so i apologize for not getting it done sooner. Also i have about 10 gallons of the good E85 in my garage. i will be using it this week if you know what i mean ; ) (ignite RED)

Also Mitch is the man ( i'm not his partner lol ) but he has been supper helpful with my car and several cars that i know of.
Dude, a week? Seriously? Give me the file and hold my beer. 🤣🤣. J/K.

Get out there and test.

For those that keep saying aggressive tuning and risk, you are wrong. Pro tuning brings your car closer to perfect fuelling. Thats safer not more dangerous for the engine.

Stoich is perfection. Lean is dangerous.

People lean out to save fuel. That is more aggessive and unsafe. Giving it all the fuel is wants is safer. So please stop saying the guys on the edge are aggressively tuning the car.

They are perfecting the tune. Making it faster, safer, more longevity. More consistsnt, more smooth, more driveable and a hell of a lot faster. It takes time snd a lot of work. But the end result is safer than your fuel starved factory tune. Its better for your engine as well. More cooling. We aren’t backyarders with a screw driver. Tweaking until it blows. Yes everyone has a storey of a ******** that did the wrong thing, screwed the boost up, went lean and bang. Thats not what PRO tuning is. That’s backyard BS.
The following users liked this post:
IRunalot (04-17-2023)
Old 06-24-2020, 07:43 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 318 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
Dude, a week? Seriously? Give me the file and hold my beer. 🤣🤣. J/K.

Get out there and test.

For those that keep saying aggressive tuning and risk, you are wrong. Pro tuning brings your car closer to perfect fuelling. Thats safer not more dangerous for the engine.

People lean out to save fuel. That is more aggessive and unsafe. Giving it all the fuel is wants is safer. So please stop saying the guys on the edge are aggressively tuning the car.

They are perfecting the tune. Making it faster, safer, more longevity. More consistsnt, more smooth, more driveable and a hell of a lot faster. It takes time snd a lot of work. But the end result is safer than your fuel starved factory tune. Its better for your engine as well. More cooling. We aren’t backyarders with a screw driver. Tweaking until it blows. Yes everyone has a storey of a ******** that did the wrong thing, screwed the boost up, went lean and bang. Thats not what PRO tuning is. That’s backyard BS.

Hes is saying everyone has their own limits on what they want and can afford and risk to do with respect to mods on any platform. And that he doesnt want to find out those limits himself and hes content with an OTS stage 1. Especially since he wont get any of the money back on mods. That is all personal preference. Some like gambling, some like drinking and other like hoes., most here love spending it on cars and mods for their cars. IMHO the chances of someone running a cookie cutter flash that simply 'works' are much much less than someone thats extracting every ounce of power and tq at grenading an engine. Even with it being perfected, materials are stressed exponentially thus way more stress which greatly reduces life.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:00 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Its not entirely true that you dont get your money back on mods. I have a friend who just picked up a preowned 991.2 and is looking for every possible aftermarket performance part he can find. Headers, Cats, Exhaust, DSC Module, Cobb AP, etc.. So, don't think there is no market for used performance parts, there is but people just dont want to pay close to retail for them.

If anyone is selling any performance parts for the 991.2 platform please PM me and I will put you in contact with my buddy.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:24 AM
Rennlist Member

Received 318 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
Its not entirely true that you dont get your money back on mods. I have a friend who just picked up a preowned 991.2 and is looking for every possible aftermarket performance part he can find. Headers, Cats, Exhaust, DSC Module, Cobb AP, etc.. So, don't think there is no market for used performance parts, there is but people just dont want to pay close to retail for them.

If anyone is selling any performance parts for the 991.2 platform please PM me and I will put you in contact with my buddy.
What % of the 911 market does your friend make?
Old 06-25-2020, 12:27 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

I have no idea, nor do I care.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:33 AM
Nabil_3.0
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

@PTS-BRG @4 Point 0 Problem is fixed fellas no more shifting head aches on the 911.2. After several test last night the car is moving sweet and no problems car ran multiple 7.5 60-130 time without an issue.
It feels super strong and i think i can do better but with 100 degree ambient temps on a car without intercoolers lol we cant ask for more. I will try a 1/4 mile run today to see what she can trap.
I will add this was done on MS109 fuel 1/4 tank on a car with Soul Cat Deletes

Special thanks to @M Engineering Mitch you are the man! thank you for putting up with my bull**** and 10000000 text messages LOL!!!

Now on to the E85

4 Point 0 (06-25-2020)
Old 06-25-2020, 11:34 AM
Nabil_3.0
Intermediate

PS ill try to get a video today and go to track this weekend however with record hard temps not sure she will put down a hero pass.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:45 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Please post up your best Dragy numbers/charts to see what they look like. Thx
Old 06-25-2020, 11:54 AM
rad_911
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
You keep saying this, but Stoich for gasoline is 14.7 and that is LEAN when you're actually trying to make power.

At wide open throttle, you need to run rich to prevent detonation.

I think whoever explained to you what stoich is did it incorrectly, or at least your take away was.

Can a tuner jump in here?

From Summit racing:
"It might sound like stoich is always the goal. That isn’t the case. Maximum power is usually found with a slightly rich mixture. Drivability is better at a cruise rpm with a slightly lean mixture. Idle tends to be better with a slightly lean mixture too but a big cam will idle better slightly rich."

https://help.summitracing.com/app/an...2Ffuel-mixture

Last edited by rad_911; 06-25-2020 at 11:59 AM. Reason: added more details.
polobai (06-25-2020)
Old 06-25-2020, 11:55 AM
Nabil_3.0
Intermediate

will do today when the weather cools off a bit.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:58 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 606 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by Nabil_3.0

60-130 in 7.56 is flying. If a 7.7-7.8 time traps 130mph, this is a few mph more!

Quick Reply: 991.2 Cobb Accessport, post your results