Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 Cobb Accessport, post your results

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 11:48 AM
991.two
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 56 Posts

93 octane & 100 octane dyno results on Cobb AP pro-tune. Carrera T with GTS turbo's, Vektor Headers, Soul 200's, Sharkwerks exhaust, ASM intercoolers, Tial inlets.

The following users liked this post:
LargePuppy (05-17-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 11:43 AM
fsmich
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheshi143
I have a dragy.

Irvine/Tustin is my old running ground. Will actually be staying the week in Irvine. Plenty of flat streets there to grab numbers.

We should do some dragy pulls on the same street/same day to see how your COBB fares against the APR.
PM'd you yesterday.
My Draggy/GoPro are fully charged.
Ready to see how your E85 APR tune fares against my 542whp 91 Cobb tune
I expect you to do an 8.4 60-130. I will do a 7.7
Old 05-17-2020, 12:09 PM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,125 Likes on 670 Posts

I think @Cheshi143 is in process of trading his car in for a 992...I think he is trying to get a dyno run in so we can get some numbers on the apr setup but time may be limited
Old 05-17-2020, 01:05 PM
991.two
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by fsmich

93, 91 street and pre-tune akra/headers/intercoolers

Yes, World Motorsports. I believe Mitch said it was also where they did the initial dyno numbers for the Cobb OTS maps. The stock GTS came in at 423. My car came in at 469. 423+19(headers)+23(akra claim) = 465 . ( +5 for intercoolers on the dyno = 469)
Very impressive on 91 octane. great tune.
Old 05-17-2020, 02:36 PM
fsmich
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.two
Very impressive on 91 octane. great tune.
Thanks, Mark.
We have pretty much the same hardware. You would have the same printout if you came down to Worlds and used their dyno.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:37 PM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,125 Likes on 670 Posts

I know there are a lot of variables (dyno type, temp, altitude, etc) but can anyone chime in with what the whp record is for the base turbos on the 991.2 (regardless of mods such as Intercoolers, headers, etc-as long as it’s still on the base turbos). I seems to remember someone putting down 47X.XX whp at world Motorsports.
Old 05-24-2020, 12:56 AM
Robdokwon
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschex3
My car went in to the dealer for a checkup a few weeks ago, so I had “unloaded” the Cobb tune on my C2. I’ve been driving it around without the tune ever since. I loaded it back (Stage 1 93) earlier today and just went out for a nice Sunday afternoon, sunny, windows down drive. Man, the Cobb tune really makes the car a load of fun to drive. Without the tune it is fun, but with the tune it is REALLY fun. I’m not sure what the difference between stock and tune feels like on an S or GTS, but it makes a world of difference on the C2 (and, I would guess, the T). Highly recommended.
Did the same thing this week - "uninstalled" my Cobb Stage 1 93 tune on my C2 before taking in for service. First, what a really easy process, only took 10 minutes to uninstall back to factory settings. Second, the car felt linear again but no where near as much rush in acceleration. It's been two days and I can't wait to load back stage 1. Anyone do Soul sport cats mated to Soul performance exhaust yet? does it make the car faster in stage 1 OTS or necessary to go up to Stage 2? Also, is it worth taking bumper off to do a BMC filter or is that money and time wasted?
Old 05-24-2020, 01:51 AM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 593 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Robdokwon
Did the same thing this week - "uninstalled" my Cobb Stage 1 93 tune on my C2 before taking in for service. First, what a really easy process, only took 10 minutes to uninstall back to factory settings. Second, the car felt linear again but no where near as much rush in acceleration. It's been two days and I can't wait to load back stage 1. Anyone do Soul sport cats mated to Soul performance exhaust yet? does it make the car faster in stage 1 OTS or necessary to go up to Stage 2? Also, is it worth taking bumper off to do a BMC filter or is that money and time wasted?
The Stage 2 calibration was done on a car with high flow cats and exhaust, so it should be just fine. The air filter should only be changed when it gets dirty. The BMC might gain you a handful of hp at most, so really there's no point in taking off the whole rear bumper if that's all you're in there for. If you upgraded the intercoolers too, then sure, throw in the air filter. AMS Performance makes an air filter too and their intercoolers of course.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:58 AM
koven
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 172 Posts

ive been happy w/ the stg2 v106 + bmc + soul cats, i'd like to get a protune after adding the upcoming soul headers, but im curious if the intercoolers and/or inlets are worth it for street daily i.e. outside the track or heat soak conditions... im thinking no?

i also see the apr posts, but i cant imagine its worth switching, or is it? if the apr performs better than OTS cobb is it safe to assume after a protune itd be a trivial difference ?
Old 05-24-2020, 09:47 AM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 857 Likes on 561 Posts

Rob, I have sport cats and PSE, I dont know if it makes the car "faster" but it sounds great and you can tell its breathing better. Personally I dont see the returns on the air filter for all the work necessary unless pulling the bumper is an easy task for you, definitely not me lol.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,458 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by B Russ
Rob, I have sport cats and PSE, I dont know if it makes the car "faster" but it sounds great and you can tell its breathing better. Personally I dont see the returns on the air filter for all the work necessary unless pulling the bumper is an easy task for you, definitely not me lol.
Ditto - not worth the trouble even though many say it is very easy to take the rear bumper off. But if you are a hands-on kinda guy you may still not want to spend the money since the OEMs filter well. There are some threads on the filters in the forum that you can read and get other opinions.
Old 06-07-2020, 10:31 PM
drpartusa
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow just wow! I did mine today. 991.2 base manual with chrono, only mod is a Soul X-pipe with antidrone.
Not a scientific review here, no dyno, no metrics of any kind, I can only say that my smile as soon as I stepped on the gas was so so wide I could not get my face back to baseline.
The change is really noticeable on all gears, you can feel the bump in torque immediately. I used stage 1, 91.
I think the pops and bangs on sport with the soul changed a bit, they are more prolonged.
Really excited and happy with the results so far.
Took me 19 scary min to complete the flash, I did hook the battery up to my other car, just in case and I’m happy I did cause it took longer than what I anticipated.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:07 AM
vector01
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty happy with the Etune I just had done by BBI Autosport over the past week or so. I took the time to graph out the datalog from the Accessport to quantify what my butt dyno was feeling, as I have no interest in going to an in-person dyno right now. As such, these appear to be engine or flywheel numbers, not power to the ground. The only mod I have are Soul cats. Side question for the MT folks, how are everyone's clutches holding up?

Old 06-08-2020, 08:12 AM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,864 Likes on 924 Posts

Originally Posted by vector01
I'm pretty happy with the Etune I just had done by BBI Autosport over the past week or so. I took the time to graph out the datalog from the Accessport to quantify what my butt dyno was feeling, as I have no interest in going to an in-person dyno right now. As such, these appear to be engine or flywheel numbers, not power to the ground. The only mod I have are Soul cats. Side question for the MT folks, how are everyone's clutches holding up?

Experiencing any issues?
Can you expand upon the experience of your etune? How many times back and forth?
Old 06-08-2020, 08:31 AM
vector01
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far so good, no problems. The process is pretty simple, they send you a base tune, you datalog a 3rd gear pull, then they send a revision. There were six revisions in total. Charles and the folks at BBI did a good job for me.

Quick Reply: 991.2 Cobb Accessport, post your results