Sponsored by:

Porsche Huntington damaged my car...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 02:35 PM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceepe

Responding to ClassJ, bringing your freshly detailed car to the dealership at all is where it went wrong. Porsche as a company and dealership network likely doesn't see your cayman any different than the SUV's you mention. If you want OCD motorsports level of care, you need to go to a tuner or independent OCD Porsche shop, which will define things in the same way, how to treat a car, how and where to park a car, etc. It's foolish to use a local dealership (warranty regardless) and expect a level of care similar to how an owner sees a service experience. You're on two islands. Avoid dealerships whenever possible.

End of the day this is true but extremely sad. My 911 is a year old. It has never been driven in rain. It is showroom perfect and loved. I refuse to bring it to the dealer for its first free service. Call me OCD about the car right now? Yes. The car is well enjoyed on my terms. No way in hell I pamper the car to let someone else damage it.

If you buy a Vette or a Mustang, and go to a Chevy or Ford dealer, this type of treatment is, perhaps, more understandable.

If you buy and M car, I know for certain most BMW dealers don't treat these cars any differently (first hand experience).

So how do the Ferrari and McLaren dealers treat their customers?

High end sports cars come along with OCD owners who want to pick where their car is worked on, and who fixes it if it gets damaged. If dealers can't deal with that they should refuse to work on those cars.
The following 4 users liked this post by ClassJ:
AdamSanta85 (09-19-2019), Honda (09-20-2019), Porsche_nuts (09-19-2019), scottlma (09-19-2019)
Old 09-19-2019, 05:54 PM
Jim991
Burning Brakes

Received 183 Likes on 136 Posts

Curious if the size of the dealership makes a difference on the quality of service. The Hendricks Porsche dealer in Charlotte is small compared to the other Hendrick luxury dealers in town. The Lexus dealer has about 10 service writers with BMW and MB close behind. Porsche has maybe two working at time. I have gotten very attentive service with loaners and limo service if needed. Expensive but I try to use them for some stuff to maintain a relationship.

How big is Huntington Porsche? Maybe so big they don’t care?
Old 09-19-2019, 06:07 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 113 Posts

Roger Penske is one of the larger dealer networks in the country with something over 100 dealerships and their service is great. Size is not the problem, the ownership of this dealership is the problem. Why are there so many open key positions. My first and last experience with them was in 1997 and nothing apparently has changed since then. The owner seems to not care and it continues to show. Why mess with them, there are too many other choices in the NY/CT region.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:09 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 125 Posts

^^^

Couldn't agree more..
Old 09-19-2019, 07:36 PM
scottlma
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim991
Curious if the size of the dealership makes a difference on the quality of service. The Hendricks Porsche dealer in Charlotte is small compared to the other Hendrick luxury dealers in town. The Lexus dealer has about 10 service writers with BMW and MB close behind. Porsche has maybe two working at time. I have gotten very attentive service with loaners and limo service if needed. Expensive but I try to use them for some stuff to maintain a relationship.

How big is Huntington Porsche? Maybe so big they don’t care?
I previously lived and serviced my cars in Northern NJ and had used one of the largest Porsche dealers in the world (25+ cars inside showroom) in Upper Saddle River, NJ named after a certain gentleman distiller and the smallest in US (in Englewood, NJ with barely room for 2 cars inside the showroom) and had a mix of OK and good service from the both. I'm not sure if size really matters here. The best experience I have ever had was at a mid-size dealer (5-6 indoor cars) which was Danbury Porsche in CT - they were always great. Since I ordered the car from them, perhaps that's the biggest factor - do they treat you differently if you didn't buy the car from them ? Since they get paid the same warranty $, it seems they shouldn't - but there is always the variable of human nature...
Old 09-21-2019, 10:04 AM
ELS
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default We’re awaiting your reply Porsche Huntington

Let’s discuss in this forum about WP1AA2A26GKA08890 are you hiding?

Old 09-21-2019, 11:55 AM
The Ox
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 81 Posts

I have been reading this thread and holding back on a comment, so here it is.

I don't understand the public fight, it all looks and smells very juvenile. Work it out with him and the dealership. Why do so many of you think this public shaming is a strategy? There are probably 2 sides of this and every story. I've only had excellent service from Sean and Huntington, including several times when he has gone out of his way to take care of me and my car. I have a hard time believing Sean would act in such an irresponsible manner. I'm not saying you or he/dealership is 100% right or wrong. Work it out with in private.

You all want honesty, there's mine.
The following 2 users liked this post by The Ox:
Porsche_nuts (09-21-2019), sapman (11-27-2020)
Old 09-21-2019, 12:16 PM
ELS
Intermediate

I appreciate your comment. Unfortunately I’ve been provided with multiple inconsistencies which directly resulted in injuries. Forensic automotive experts have been retained and insurance carriers are involved. However, ignoring an issue or misdiagnosis of this magnitude are absolutely disgusting. Let’s put all our cards on the table and discuss the facts only.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:26 PM
Jim991
Burning Brakes

Received 183 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by The Ox
I have been reading this thread and holding back on a comment, so here it is.

I don't understand the public fight, it all looks and smells very juvenile. Work it out with him and the dealership. Why do so many of you think this public shaming is a strategy? There are probably 2 sides of this and every story. I've only had excellent service from Sean and Huntington, including several times when he has gone out of his way to take care of me and my car. I have a hard time believing Sean would act in such an irresponsible manner. I'm not saying you or he/dealership is 100% right or wrong. Work it out with in private.

You all want honesty, there's mine.
Sean had an opportunity to fully present his side of the story. He failed miserably.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:43 PM
ELS
Intermediate

Multiple attempts to resolve this matter “privately” were simply ignored. Communications via this forum are silent compared to my next steps. It’s imperative the public is fully aware of the facts. Therefore, people can determine their own conclusions.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:21 PM
The Ox
Rennlist Member

Just so we're 100% clear, I am neither assigning blame nor credulity to you nor Sean.

We all don't really know each other, maybe some of you do. I am always skeptical of any facts until I have the opportunity to thoroughly vet both sides. That is impossible here, on a public forum. If I were Sean, I would not engage on a public forum.

You previously stated personal injury and insurance company involvement. Why would any person or business engage the other party in a public forum on those issues? I understand you are trying to alert and warn us, I don't believe these issues are that simple, cut and dry. It is obviously a black and white issue for you, it very well may be. We don't really know exactly how this went down, nor Sean or Huntington's responses, we have to rely on you. And sorry, that isn't good enough for me to condemn him, or anyone, or an entire dealership, or for that matter PCNA. There is way too much of that going on all around us and it is not right.

Last, I don't pretend to have any answers, other than to see my post, settle in private , in the courts, not in a public forum. I could be a dinosaur, but I don't see how this helps your cause. I sincerely hope this is resolved, and soon.
Old 09-21-2019, 03:03 PM
ELS
Intermediate

OX,
Your opinions of this extremely troubling situation are totally reasonable from an outsiders perspective. Both my daughter and I sustained injuries due to a blatant lie. Luckily her injury was minor, otherwise I’d be incarcerated right now and unable to discuss this matter on a forum. The SM drove the vehicle, acknowledging the issue and provided a loaner car for 19 days. After this 19 day repair attempt, stating the vehicle is perfect and safe to operate? Plus fabricating a story about a Porsche zone representative? The service records clearly demonstrate all the facts. Full and honest transparency shouldn’t be optional. What if this was an airline instead of a car dealership? My comprehensive automobile insurance policy covered this peril, resulting in a total loss.
Old 09-21-2019, 03:21 PM
The Ox
Rennlist Member

Thank you for your unfeigned reply. I am sincerely sorry to hear this and would also be irate. I hope this is resolved soon.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:25 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 601 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by The Ox
Just so we're 100% clear, I am neither assigning blame nor credulity to you nor Sean.

We all don't really know each other, maybe some of you do. I am always skeptical of any facts until I have the opportunity to thoroughly vet both sides. That is impossible here, on a public forum. If I were Sean, I would not engage on a public forum.

You previously stated personal injury and insurance company involvement. Why would any person or business engage the other party in a public forum on those issues? I understand you are trying to alert and warn us, I don't believe these issues are that simple, cut and dry. It is obviously a black and white issue for you, it very well may be. We don't really know exactly how this went down, nor Sean or Huntington's responses, we have to rely on you. And sorry, that isn't good enough for me to condemn him, or anyone, or an entire dealership, or for that matter PCNA. There is way too much of that going on all around us and it is not right.

Last, I don't pretend to have any answers, other than to see my post, settle in private , in the courts, not in a public forum. I could be a dinosaur, but I don't see how this helps your cause. I sincerely hope this is resolved, and soon.
It's one thing if one is dealing with a manufacturer directly and they request the customer not post about the circumstance online. I've been there with other brands. But a dealership jacking up a car and not mentioning it is information valid of a post, it serves the public to know of such events. It wasn't being litigated online until the dealership employee posted, along with the customer's full name. A customer always has the right to commiserate online. It makes a bad thing a little more manageable sometimes. Just as a corporate representative should know not to ever defend themselves in an attempt to salvage insignificant public opinion.

Granted there is a thread jack and separate situation concerning this party. I'm more responding to the original post.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:36 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 445 Likes on 318 Posts
Default Forums are great and I wanna know...

Who the bad actors are. For some reason a lot (not all) car dealers are slimy. I say call them out and hold them accountable for their actions in the public eye. Eventually the number of bad actors diminishes as they are no longer in business. Long live yelp...I read it and then go eat. 4.5 stars almost always means the food/service is good.

Quick Reply: Porsche Huntington damaged my car...